Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's in your wardrobe?

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
I decided over christmas that I was going to change my style completely... gone were the Hurley T-Shirts and the Independent shirts. I wanted something new... I was tired of the same old shirts and not feeling any different from the next 22 yr old. Here's what I now have in my pimp closet! :p

Diesel - This is my main brand now. I have one pair of their jeans and about 4-5 shirts. Way pricey but it's the best $$ i've ever spent on clothing... great return on investment.

Raplh Lauren - I wear their T-shirts. Very comfortable (which is key) and the ladies love em.... just don't let them leave with them on they are bank!

Anchor Blue - I have a few surfer AB shirts left from my late HS days.

ABercrombie - I used to HATE this place with a passion. But they have a new vintage line of clothes that are awesome. But the rest of their stuff sucks.

Shoes - Ettnies, Black dress shoes, White Phat Farm's (pimp!), sandals

Bling Bling! - Beanies, I have my ear's pierced (with 10 gauge horseehoes through em, necklaces)

Lets not forget the suit. Every man should have a suit! I don't care if u wear it once a year... get one tailored to your body.

Just a few tips for ya... what does everyone else wear?

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have alot of clothes in alot of different brand names. I'll just name off some brand names and stuff off the top of my head.

Armani.. I have suits, a cashmere overcoat, watch, a couple ties and shirts.
Gianfranco Ferre cashmere overcoat
Gucci.. sun glasses and shoes.
Versace... A couple belts a few ties.. wallet... want to get some of their shades too.
Alfani... more casual wear clothes... some shirts and a suit.
Ferragamo shoes and belt and Bostonian shoes.
Some DKNY stuff.. pants and shirts.. and I think a have a wallet.
Some Kenith Cole... sunglasses, a wool/cashmere blend overcoat, some shirts.
Maui Jim sunglasses.
Raulph Lauren sun glasses too.

I know I have other stuff, but thats everything that comes to mind with out having to walk into my closet.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In general I keep it simple and don't confuse naming off designers as fashion sense.

Typically there are three subgroupings in my closet, Black and whites, Earthtones, and Blues. My general style is as follows...

Head: Nothing, because I'd be loathe to detract from my (rapidly darkening) blonde hair.

Shirts: Dress shirts with T or an off-color T, or aturtleneck/mockneck. Every once in a while I'll go with a dark logo T, but sparingly. When I wear dress shirts, (sometimes with khakis, but especially with slacks) I always have metal stays which come off when the shirt does, and I hang the shirt up after use until its ready to be washed to prevent undue wear on the fabric. When wearing a turtleneck/mockneck I roll the sleeves to between my forearm and elbow. Everything is straightened and tucked in.

Pants: Jeans are my staple, throw in a few nice khakis, some dark slacks for everyday use, and a swath or two of some nice dress pants. Note: all my pants have socks to match.

Shoes: I have the requesite two pairs of black dress shoes, one for formal occasions, and one for dancing/clubbing. I have a pair of brown bowling-style shoes which are either fun or formal given what I wear them with. One pair of sneakers, one pair of old running shoes (the most comfortable pair I own), and one pair of slippers.

Accessories: Again I keep it simple. Two braided belts, one black and one brown, and two solid belts, one black and one brown. To match thecolor of the shoes and the overall tone of dress. About six nice silk ties and a tie chain. I have a pair of prescription glasses, and prescription sunglasses. A steel pocket watch with my family motto, and a silver Pisces pendant with a leather 'chain' round out my 'look'.

I'm pretty much thrift store chic, as I've never had too much money to spend on clothing, but I'm always stylish. Also, not having too much money does not mean the same thing as being a miser when it comes to clothing. Sartorially speaking, you get exactly what you pay for. Better to spend a bit more now, than to keep replacing later.

-CyranoDeBergerac

edward

Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to stay comfortable but mainly I divvy them between school clothes, casual clothes, and workout stuff.

For school I mainly dress in shorts (I live in FL, and I own like two pairs of pants, if that. sue me) and then most of the time some kind of collared shirt. I have a bunch of diff colors of Hilfiger, Polo, Nautica, and Izod polo's. And nice button downs are nautica, dkny, ralph lauren & izod. I wear the same stuff in summer and in winter, its just in winter I'll wear an undershirt (either white or black), and in summer a wifebeater if that.

Casual:
Same as before mostly, except a lot of the single color polos (I have a few with stripes and such that look awesome) are switched with tees and such. My tees go from college/highschool sport tees to some other ones from nautica and polo & such. I have a dolphins jersey (jason taylor baby!) and an eagles jersey too if I feel I want to wear them.

Workout clothes are basically threepoint shorts from champs with shirts from my hs football team that are free and old tees that I just cut the sleeves off of.

Accesories/shoes: black leather nautica wallet, white k-swisses, black new balances, some grey adidas' for workout & more casual, and some assorted hats.

btw I'm around 6'4, 270ish. my wardrobe may seem kinda common but around here its not at all. most kids are abercrombie/american eagles and surfer/skater brands.

huisy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a philosophy of never dressing down. This is not to say that this is necessarily correct, but what is correct is CONGRUENCY. So be consistent to get yourself a reputation.

Shirts:
Always button down. T-shirts are for holiday, undershirts and moping around. Brands I use (80% of my shirts):
Hilditch & Key
Harvie & Hudson
Turnbull & Asser
Thomas Pink
Hugo Boss (I got them cheap!)

Overcoat:
For Winter/Autumn
100% Cashmere overcoat - Hugo Boss. Pricey, but worth it. Most used garment in my wardrobe.
Cotton Raincoat - Hugo Boss - For semi-warm days
For Spring/Summer:
Light cotton jacket - slim fit - Ermengildo Zegna

Jackets/Suit
A good selection of jackets/suits. All tailor made. Styles:

Ultra-Formal & Work:
Anderson & Sheppard
Gieves & Hawkes
Henry Poole & Co.
These suits are a substantial investment, but look amazing.

Cool/Evening:
Alfred Dunhill
Ermengildo Zegna

Accessories:
Belt - Dunhill. Make very cool belt styles. Pricey, but only need two - one black, one brown.
Wallet - Dunhill 100% Leather travel walled (rectangular, made to fit jacket pocket, doesn't hold coins)
Pen - Links of London. Get a chunky silver pen to impress. Great for writing down phone numbers. Other good brands: Dunhill, Mont Blanc.
Evening Watch - Patek Phillipe - too good for day-to-day wearing! Also a long term investment, prices go up over time.
Day watch - Platinum TAG Heuer 3000 series.

Trousers:
Woolen trousers - got "cheap" with suit. Slightly thicker wool to make them last better than suit trousers
Chinos/Khakis - A good selection of colours. This is my main choice when not wearing a jacket (i.e. suit). No special designers to mention, sorry :)
Jeans - none. Whilst I admit some jeans can be smart, and a lot look good, I think they're for kids/lazy people so don't have any.

Underwear:
Random selection. All boxer shorts
Make sure it's designer, just in case!

Shoes:
4 black oxfords, various patterns
1 brown oxford
1 brown loafer
2 pairs moccasins - for chinos
Apart from the mocassins (rubber sole), all shoes are 100% leather upper and sole. Leather is just better. Women notice shoes. Spend here!
Brands I have:
Church's
Russel & Bromley
Patrick Cox
Kenneth Cole
Ermengildo Zegna

Remember it's in the details! That's what women notice most. And shoes are very important.

Whilst I have undoubtedly spent a lot of money, the most important thing is that you need to be congruent (as I have said), and don't get a £2,000 suit and dress it with a £2 shirt. A good guide is to spend equally on the 4 sections (bottom, top, coat, accessories)

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Clothes

Damn some of you have some nice clothes. I can't afford some of those brands right now as I have to pay for university. I am also thrift store savy and I ususally pick out clothes that happen to be in style like 4 months in after I buy them so I look good with them.

The only clothing related thing I have that is worth a lot of money is a watch my grandparents gave me for graduation. Its a Rolex Daytona 18k&SS k with diamond dial. I didn't realize how expensive this was until I searched around. I rarely wear it(to afraid to scratch it at school) but when I do it really gets attention.

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When being looked at in high society, the things people notice are.... shoes, watch, belt, tie, glasses (if you're wearing any), and Tie. Those are probably the most important successories a guy should wear.

I have a $300 Versace belt, $400 Ferragamo shoes, $200 Versace ties, I dont remember how much my Armani watch is, but I'm looking into Cartier, or Rado watches. Oh, and also now a days... CELL PHONE! That matters alot too! What kind of cell phone do you have? I have a $500 discontinued Nokia 8890. The one you see in all the movies. Its another bonus when you whip that bad boy out to enter a girls number into it!

Dario

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so maybe I'll ask a question now. What do you SUGGEST for a guy to wear? Don't tell me that by the brands, but by the looks. Just like: "Some white t-shirt with two red stripes near the neck, along with a nice pair of dark blues jeans and dark shoes."

I have a small problem with choosing the best clothes for me, so I'm ready for everything. Any ideas, not counting the one that were mentioned in the earlier posts?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all about the IMAGE fellas, not the fvcking brand name.

I've seen many guys who are head to toe Gucci and Fendi and Burburry, and look like mutherfukking circus clowns. A lot of black and Asian guys are ESPECIALLY guilty of this. Being economically rising groups, both are highly wealth and status-conscious, and thus they really emphasize expensive brand names, to flaunt their status and wealth. It's a big mistake. I can elaborate on this further, but I don't want to waste my breath unless someone wants to know. So let me know.

Also: what type of look are you going for? Urban? Prep? Surf/Skater? Hispters? retro/50s/60s70s/80s? The Great Gatsby sophisticate? You have to make up your mind about this before you become a truly fashionable man. Most retards just buy whatever brand name or currently trendy brand that they can get their grubby hands on, then think they are the epitome of fashion. :rolleyes: That's hardly the case.

I'm willing to offer fashion tips for specific cases, although I'm more knowledgeable about certain styles/looks than others. Good luck.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
double post.

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Clothes

Photo: I don't really know how I do it. I have a high disdain for popular culture so I try to pick out something that goes against the grain in terms of style but looks good on me. I don't try to go ahead of fashion I just get what looks really original and what I feel comfortable in. I usually change my wardrobe every 6 months except pants becasue I feel wierd looking like one of the many Joes that wear the same latest fashion.

I also have friends who dress even more ahead of the flow than me and I try to see what they're wearing and change a few things to suit me. Try following what your friend wears and modify it slightly to suit you.

I've never worn Gucci,Fendi, gap, etc... not because I don't like the brands or because I feel that they aren't worth it but because I don't feel like myself wearing these I guess thats why my clothes are so original.

It's funny because the more expensive I dress and the more up to the minute fashion clothes I wear, the more awkward I feel and the lower my confidence gets.

huisy

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best advice I can give is buy clothes that were never in fashion. That way, they'll never go out!

Seriously though, thereare many classics that will always be around. That is - dark suits, button-down shirts, jeans (though I hate to admit it), wool trousers, oxford shoes. These say class whatever the current fashion trend. This way you can justify spending more money on them, because they'll last you until you wear them out! It's a much better idea than "current trends"

Mackiavelli

Don Juan
Reaction score
CyranoDeBergerac

how the hell can you make your hair look good with out anything on it? i, too have rapidly darkening blonde hair but i look stupid with floppy hair, please give us your secret :)

mackiavelli

huisy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mackiavelli
CyranoDeBergerac

how the hell can you make your hair look good with out anything on it? i, too have rapidly darkening blonde hair but i look stupid with floppy hair, please give us your secret :)
Cut it :D

Seriously, hats usually look pretty shyt, so go to a decent hairdresser, and spend a bit. Then you can go to a cheap one and ask them to copy the style. If in doubt, just go short!

darkmenace

Don Juan
Reaction score
i consider my style a cross between retro 50's/60's and urban.
its pretty comfortable.

example: I wear a classic lightweight half-zip knit sweater over a white t-shirt. Black twill pants, white socks and some classic adidas. girls love it. add a black knit beanie and im pimp.

when it comes to party or semiformal: A button down dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up with some nice khakis and some black dress shoes

oh but when it comes to wearing a suit, i seriously pimp it

recently, we had our ring ceremony at my high school and we all had to wear suits. All the dudes in my class were all acting uncomfortable thinking that it was wack to wear a suit. Not me, that day I wore all black. black shirt, black tie, black suit, black pants, black socks, black belt. I called it my pimped out Matrix style, dude I was straight up ****y that day, when all the dudes were all just grumbling, I was being approached by all the ladies of how good I looked.

so basically, everyone has their own definition of style. If you feel good wearing it and feel confident wearing it, then go ahead no ones stopping you. Its your view and no one elses. Just take care of yourself and the way you dress, make it all look nice and clean.

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by photo 1
why would you ever need a $300 dollar belt? what is the fvcking point?? omg, i mean you are not your wardrobe or contents of your wallet
Not to sound like I'm bragging, but I make more than enough that sometimes I by things just because I dont know what else to spend it on. Also, it helps for business. In a way, its something like a medal of war. If I sit down with a 40 year old wealthy business man to talk about a business proposal, and he sees my belt and other "successories". First thing that goes through his mind is... ok, maybe hes just not an average kid, lets see what hes made of. I dont dress the way I do for the ladies... I do it for business, but I have found it to be also effective with the ladies. That was a bonus I wasnt even expecting.

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dario
Okay, so maybe I'll ask a question now. What do you SUGGEST for a guy to wear? Don't tell me that by the brands, but by the looks. Just like: "Some white t-shirt with two red stripes near the neck, along with a nice pair of dark blues jeans and dark shoes."

I have a small problem with choosing the best clothes for me, so I'm ready for everything. Any ideas, not counting the one that were mentioned in the earlier posts?
Look through magazines and see whats in. Look through GQ magazines.

Kaizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
I've seen many guys who are head to toe Gucci and Fendi and Burburry, and look like mutherfukking circus clowns. A lot of black and Asian guys are ESPECIALLY guilty of this. Being economically rising groups, both are highly wealth and status-conscious, and thus they really emphasize expensive brand names, to flaunt their status and wealth. It's a big mistake. I can elaborate on this further, but I don't want to waste my breath unless someone wants to know. So let me know.
Ok, I agree with your first statement. Just like a car... any great super car can be driven poorly... just like nice clothes be worn poorly. Now as far as it being a big mistake, please elaborate in it further. I just curriuos to see your view... because I have mine too. Lets not kick dirt around like we last time though. As for my wardrobe, as I explained right above, I dress the way I do because of proffesionalism. I do alot of business, and deal with alot of important business men.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mackiavelli
CyranoDeBergerac

mackiavelli

Originally posted by huisy:Cut it

Seriously, hats usually look pretty shyt, so go to a decent hairdresser, and spend a bit. Then you can go to a cheap one and ask them to copy the style. If in doubt, just go short!
Well, you asked for it...hehehehehe :D

Managing your coif without the aid of a hat (or too much of anything else) is a simple matter of length and style.

Either keep it short and kempt or keep it long and natural. Decide which length you like best and goes best with your personal style. For longer hair typically a modified shag is a good bet. All it takes is a few well positioned runs through with a set of fingers, (your's or your closest lady friend's ;) )and you're golden. It also emphasizes any natural waviness your hair might possess. Btw, even long hair need not fall beneath shoulder length or require a tail; that's where stylish becomes laziness, but hey, even that's a look...

Your style should incorporate any idiosyncracies your hair might naturally engender. I have a slight wave in my bangs so I go for a more traditional cut where all you really need to do is part it down the opposite side of your better hand. (which incidentally, is why you usualy see men with their hair parted on their left side) In the event that something prohibits your hair from staying in place and you are forced to use gel, use only a dab. If you need more than a dab, you also need to pay a visit to your local hair care professional about another trim.

I have very thin hair which, aside from meaning I was never able to grow that mohawk in the early nineties, means any light environmental condition will wreak all sorts of hirsuit haberdashery and as such. When this hapens to you make sure to run a comb through your hair and do a light touch up after it has been ravaged by the elements.

A closing thought, spend some time outside during the summer, as the sun will have a naturally bleaching effect. Also, be sure to use a shampoo and/or conditioner which emphasizes shine. It will bring out your highlights nicely.

That's all for now. Best of luck in life and love my DJ brethren...

-CyranoDeBergerac

(A side note: You can go to a 'pierre for hair' place and spend fifty bucks. But I prefer going to a barbershop, if only for its esoteric value, and the pride they take in their work. Both places should be experienced at least once in every man's life time, but for all intensive purposes Supercuts will do the trick.)

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to keep it simple. Gucchi - no Gucchi - it's all the same.

Look at the quality. Keep your clothes clean and don't give a **** about what others think.

In the wardrobe I have all kinds of rags. Starting with a long leather jacket and 3 official suits and finishing with an army supply suit for workouts and football.