What's happened?

FortunateSon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys! Hope you're all well!

About a month ago or so a girl rejected me, she said she was too busy, so I brushed it off and carried on usual and for a few weeks after the girl seemed to be avoiding me, I saw her around less often. I didn't really mind, I didn't really care, well fast forward a few weeks and now this girl seems to be around where I am all the time. She doesn't speak to me, she doesn't even make eye contact with me, she simply stands around as if she waiting for me to strike up a conversation with her.

Now I am not ignoring this girl, I am polite to her, I say hello when I see her as I do with everyone else, I am not pursuing her either and we do not speak, so what is she doing?

A prime example of her doing this was when I standing around sorting something out and she came out of nowhere, stood directly next to me, never even looked at me and I looked at her and thought her behaviour was odd, so walked away and she soon turned and left.

I have never ever encountered this before, so if anyone has, what's going on?

jester1x

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She probably misses your attention and wonders why you aren't begging her for a date. Her ego took a blow. I'd just carry on with my life unless she initiates some conversation or interaction.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why you should never hit on women you see on a regular basis... co-workers, fellow students, neighbors, friends of friends, etc.

FortunateSon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Zarky said:
This is why you should never hit on women you see on a regular basis... co-workers, fellow students, neighbors, friends of friends, etc.
I'm beginning to realize this now. I'm going to take on board what you say, as every time I ask someone out that I see regularly things become awkward.

She's been blowing hot and cold with me which has led me to just ignore her now. I was going to remain civil towards her, albeit indifferent to her, but her immature behavior doesn't warrant my attention.

She must be mentally unstable because one day she acts warm and friendly to me, the next day she is cold and unfriendly to me.

I think she's an idiot and it's good job I'm speaking to two more girls at the moment, one of which seems interested and the other one seems shy but is slowly coming out of her shell.

FortunateSon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jester1x said:
She probably misses your attention and wonders why you aren't begging her for a date. Her ego took a blow. I'd just carry on with my life unless she initiates some conversation or interaction.
I never really gave her much attention, she got the same level of attention from me that I give everyone else who isn't a close friend or a girl that I'm actually seeing which isn't a lot of attention.

I echo your second sentence which is what I'm doing and my friend reckons that she likes someone else or is seeing someone else and is trying to keep me as back up, so she's basically spinning plates of her own, so now I just ignore her, if she speaks to me, I'll say hello and that's it.

I just don't understand why girls have make rejection awkward, give it a day and I'm over it and moved on, why they have to make a massive deal out of it, I don't know because all it does it lead me to making threads like this one.