Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What you think?

Shuriken

Reaction score
There is this girl I work with that I have been talking to. It was always very friendly convo and nothing more. I have not seen her for 4 months due to the current situation because we are all working from home.
About three days ago. I asked her if we could have lunch, she said sure no problem, we can do something. Then I asked if Sunday would work. This was on Thursday. I saw on whatsapp that she had read the message but I got no replies. So on saturday night, I texted her that she had not replied to me. I heard nothing from her until today monday. She said sorry I was really busy. Then she went on to say that she was gonna be on vacation in a couple of days and that she was travelling to a nearby city for two weeks. She then told me we can ckeck about the lunch after she gets back. To which I said fine, but you owe me for leaving me hanging like that, enjoy your trip.
I think my chances are not good, am I right?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She isn't interested, move on.

Never call out chicks on stuff like this, it is just how they are. Going forward, just ask once, then let it go. Let her respond... women today are fvcking glued to their cell phones... she got your first message, and made a deliberate point NOT to respond.... hoping you get the message.

Your last message to her should have been "Let me know when you get back and want to get together." But the truth is you will NOT hear from her. But on the outside chance she is still interested, then she will reach out.

When a woman reaches out to you... she is interested, and it is your job as the one with a penis, to do something about it. It really doesn't matter WHY she is reaching out... there is almost no thing she needs from you that she can't get elsewhere... help... advice... ****ing nothing that she can't find elsewhere. Even if she REALLY needs help with something... if she doesn't like you she would rather burn to death than reach out. The only exception to this rule is if you have already painted yourself as a useful harmless orbiting tool willing to be used like a tampon.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why did she come back with that reply after she disappeared for a couple of days?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome aboard...

No one (ever) scores a home run every time, but hey... you had the guts to step up to the plate. That's more than a lot of people these days.

I'd play it cool and not further respond. Next time you see her in the work place, just play it off with the attitude of ... like it was a spur of the moment thought.

When hitting on girls in the future, I'd suggest making statements more than asking questions.
Instead of asking is a specific day is good, instead try something like ... "Let's do something this Saturday at 6:00"
This is sort of a sales trick. People are more apt to agree if a decision is suggested to them.. rather than having them make the decision.

Again, nothing is ever 100% fool proof, but there are things we can do to increase the odds in our favor.
No one is ever too old to learn and modify their game. Stick around and you'll pick up a few things along the way.

Serenity

Reaction score
I don't think she had the same in mind as you about that lunch. To her it was probably a friendly lunch with a co-worker, but to you it was a stepping stone to more.

That's why she let the message slip due to being busy. She didn't have the time to respond when she read it, maybe thinking she'll respond later but after the distractions forgot all about it. This is not what would happen if she was interested in more than just having a lunch with you. If she had any interest beyond that, she would not forget about responding as she would be too excited about the opportunity to be with you, she would have you in her mind until the first opportunity she could respond (if she was really that busy).

You might still have that lunch since you've invited her to it, but you must know that she is not interested in you in that way and thus you should probably just keep it as a friendly lunch. Having that lunch and trying to go for more will likely end in a lot of awkwardness you don't want mixed in with your job. If you know you can't just have a friendly lunch, then it's better you find a way to make it not happen.

With women you're attracted to you must be very wary of what's the most probable reality and what's your own wishful thinking. It's easy to view friendliness as signs of attraction, when it's insignificant in that regard, this is because you're biased to believe what you wish to be true. Especially when attracted we are more inclined to believe fantasy over reality. Being aware of this fact makes it easier to counter, be critical.

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky you didn’t go on the date. She would have blue balled you and handed you the bill.
She already knows she has that option. Guy needs stay emotionally stable because farther relationship with her from now on may influence his work environment

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why did she come back with that reply after she disappeared for a couple of days?
because you guys work together and she doesn’t want things to get awkward between you two. She’s letting you down gently and hoping you take the hint.

My advice; stop thinking about this girl, she ain’t interested in you. Your time will be better spent elsewhere.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is this girl I work with that I have been talking to. It was always very friendly convo and nothing more. I have not seen her for 4 months due to the current situation because we are all working from home.
About three days ago. I asked her if we could have lunch, she said sure no problem, we can do something. Then I asked if Sunday would work. This was on Thursday. I saw on whatsapp that she had read the message but I got no replies. So on saturday night, I texted her that she had not replied to me. I heard nothing from her until today monday. She said sorry I was really busy. Then she went on to say that she was gonna be on vacation in a couple of days and that she was travelling to a nearby city for two weeks. She then told me we can ckeck about the lunch after she gets back. To which I said fine, but you owe me for leaving me hanging like that, enjoy your trip.
I think my chances are not good, am I right?
Dude not answering your question is answering your question.

If a chick reads your message that you have sent a specific date and time and leaves it read for days, and doesn't answer then her answer is no. She either doesn't have the guts to answer honestly (most girls don't ) or she is so self centered she feel she is above giving you a proper answer. Anything other then a flat out yes/confirmation of plans is a no. Including avoiding answering the question. It takes 10 second to answer "sure sunday is great!" Or " no sunday isnt good for me. I'm going away. Lets make plans when i get back."
10 seconds. That is all it would take to show a little consideration. She avoided it. That is your answer.

Let her go on vacation. Let her come back. Let her do the work. IF she is interested she will reach out. If not then it is dead.

If you ask again again you will only look thirsty.

Last edited: