Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What You Need To Know When Transitioning To A Long Term Relationship

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by bluelemond
I just edited it. So mostly, the story is 2 posts before this one.
You allowed your own insecurities of her being away from you to cause you to behave pretty badly. How far away is her school? Is it close enough so that you can still see each other somewhat regularly?

You should get in touch with her and tell her that you said things you didn't mean because you are concerned a LDR won't work and you didn't want to get hurt.

You could either try a go at the LDR if you'll be able to see each other sometimes or not...it's going to be something you need to think about.

Telling her you never want to see or hear from her again just because she's going away to college is pretty extreme. It shows that you are very insecure to behave that way...and that you care about her far more than you're willing to admit. If you didn't, you wouldn't have behaved as you did.

Don't burn your bridges...even if you can't handle a LDR with her. You never know what can happen in the future.

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She lives about an hour away by airplane. 7-8 hour drive. She said shes going to be coming as often as she can. 1-2 a month for a several days. If I should call her back what should I say...because I told her from the start that LDR don't work. She said that she atleast wants to try. It's been a week since this LDR started and then I broke it up last night. The reason I wouldn't want to see her is because if she were to see other people and then she comes back it's like I'm a hollar back boy. I'm not going to get played. Plus, being friends would just be weird.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
She lives about an hour away by airplane. 7-8 hour drive. She said shes going to be coming as often as she can. 1-2 a month for a several days. If I should call her back what should I say...because I told her from the start that LDR don't work. She said that she atleast wants to try. It's been a week since this LDR started and then I broke it up last night. The reason I wouldn't want to see her is because if she were to see other people and then she comes back it's like I'm a hollar back boy. I'm not going to get played. Plus, being friends would just be weird.
Well, if you can't handle a LDR then you can't handle it. But remember....she's trying to give you options so that you can continue to have a relationship with her. If you break up with her, then she has every right to see other people. If you refuse to have a LDR with her then you are basically telling her that she either needs to give up her college education or lose you. That's really pretty unfair. Are you going to college yourself? If not, then you could have moved to the town she's going to school in.

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
O I would just drop her and find me a REAL MAN! I'm sooooo gay I put the gay back in HOMOSEXUAL. O I just love COLLEGE BOYS!

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Well, if you can't handle a LDR then you can't handle it. But remember....she's trying to give you options so that you can continue to have a relationship with her. If you break up with her, then she has every right to see other people. If you refuse to have a LDR with her then you are basically telling her that she either needs to give up her college education or lose you. That's really pretty unfair. Are you going to college yourself? If not, then you could have moved to the town she's going to school in.

I'm a junior in HS and she is a Freshmen in COLLEGE. I want to go to the same college. So what do you advise that I do? Should I try a LDR or will it end up a disaster. Plus, I already did "break up" with her. I don't want to act like an AFC and crawl back to her last night. What should I do? What do I say? "I want to try LDR with you" ?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a junior in HS and she is a Freshmen in COLLEGE. I want to go to the same college. So what do you advise that I do? Should I try a LDR or will it end up a disaster. Plus, I already did "break up" with her. I don't want to act like an AFC and crawl back to her last night. What should I do? What do I say? "I want to try LDR with you" ?
Well, your best bet would be to tell her that you're leery of a LDR because you aren't sure that she and you will be able to not see other people and end up ruining the relationship. Maybe you should take a break with the intention of getting back together once you are out of high school.

This is a clear case of "You're leaving me behind" insecurity on your part. Just tell her that you want to give it a try (LDR) to see if you can do it. If you can't, you can't. That's about all you can do at this point.

TrickyD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't that interesting...

After reading Wyldfire's "What a woman's testing means" and the previous tips in this thread it directly reflected what I'm going through now in my LTR.

I'm involved with a single mom (2 kids) and we've been together the early part of 3 months. Things were going smoothly for 2 months with us spending time together when we could (mostly every day in small intervals -- she's a nurse that works 3 12 hr shifts w/ 2 off days and kids in day care). Then one afternoon I got irritated with her becasue we had lunch together and she wanted one of her nurse friends to join us. She blew up on me and things haven't been the same since. We've talked about it off and on but we aren't on the same level as we were before.

Now before reading this stuff today, I was pretty much ready to kick her to the curb and move on (too much drama). The funny thing is that every time I convince myself to break up with her I get the wierd feeling in my stomach that it wasn't the right thing to do but what was the next step for me?

These posts may be what I have been looking for! I think my irritation and the subsequent transgressions may have been the result of a lack of understanding on my part and ignoring her needs as a person. Her emotional and somewhat physical distance from time to time was an indicator of this and I didn't even realize it! Since her free-time is extremely limited as it is she saw my irritation as a total lack of understanding of her life and need for some personal space as well as time with her friends (we have had other discussions about this subject but not like the big blowup before christmas).

My main point here is that sometimes you see the whole forest along with the trees -- you have to look at the little things to get the big picture. It may be too late for me to salvage things but I'm gonna try and approach it from the point of view that I have to see her as an individual with her own unique emotional needs instead of generalizing her based on principles we have all learned here. I hope this helps someone as Wyldfire's posts have helped me better understand my former enemy -- women!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
nudging this up for someone so they can find it...

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire's original tip is excellent. I think this guy must be gay or something, because he seems to have a tight grasp on female psychology.

I've seen this in several relationships.

Actually, I started having some minor issues with my LTR.

I took her to a high rise hotel, ordered room service, and had a really romantic evening. Started incorporating some mutual friends. Problem solved =) I've found it doesn't usually take much, but most women do want some romance at some point in the relationship. Even that party girl will have different expectations eventually.

I talk to so many women who have guys who never take them out or never do anything romantic, never show them that they are special, and eventually all of these guys have problems with their women creating drama... the idea that if you respond to her, you will condition her to create more drama can only be taken so far. At some point, you are forcing her to create drama because nothing else is working.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not gay...I'm a woman.

mzilla2

Don Juan
Reaction score
When she's raising **** / being difficult, how do you distinguish between it being a **** test or genuine need for attention? Assuming you've been romantic, spontaneous and attentive enough?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing Wyld didn't mention, and has caused a few of my relationships to needlessly implode: after things have been going great for a little while, don't be surprised if she really loses her sh1t about something. Maybe even something really insignificant.

This often happens when a woman gets comfortable enough in the relationship to "let her hair down." Don't assume she's a psycho or all of a sudden hates you. Just be rational about the situation, pull a bit back (but not too far back, as I've done), and realize that it's a good sign in a way, as long is it's an isolated incident. On a deeper level, it may just mean she no longer is putting on a front.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
mzilla2 said:
When she's raising **** / being difficult, how do you distinguish between it being a **** test or genuine need for attention? Assuming you've been romantic, spontaneous and attentive enough?
Any test a woman throws at you is usually done because she requires more attention than you are giving her. The test is to make sure you care about her. If you give her enough attention and affection she won't feel compelled to test you to gauge how much you care.

There ARE some women who do require an unreasonable amount of attention. If you are giving all you can take giving and she still requires more then you may as well just end the relationship because you'll never be able to satisfy unreasonable needs for attention and trying will only burn you out. Just gradually increase the level of attention until the tests stop. Don't go further than that.

Sir-M

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Remember, feeling loved is to women what sex is to men. You have a clear understanding of how bad it is for a woman to ignore a man's sexual needs. It is equally as bad for a man to ignore a woman's emotional needs.
:rockon: you rock dude........ so true

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anomalous said:
O I would just drop her and find me a REAL MAN! I'm sooooo gay I put the gay back in HOMOSEXUAL. O I just love COLLEGE BOYS!

...!?!? I think I missed something....

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Need Help Maintaining a LTR?" hummmmmmm. my simple take: if you need help to maintain a relationship, or if you have to do certain things to maintain it, you shouldn't be in it at all. If a woman and a man (or a man/man, woman/woman) are right for each other then neither of them will have to try very hard at all to maintain their relationship.. it'll just happen automatically, without anyone trying or thinking. and the woman won't 'test' you or whatever, because she won't need to..

afrojiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
wyldfire keep it up on leaking your secrets,lol

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everywomanshero said:
Wyldfire's original tip is excellent. I think this guy must be gay or something, because he seems to have a tight grasp on female psychology....
Heaven forbid that a "real man" gets to the point of understanding women, it would reverse the rotation of the Earth.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how readily divorced women (and somtimes thrice divorced) are to dispense tips on the makings for a great marriage. Or more fascinating, to hear pvssywhipped husbands parrot these same lines. Divorced guy's marriage advice is usually "just don't get married." So allow me to toss in my two cents here.

I've been married to a gorgeous, fun and loving woman for almost 11 years now and we've got fantastic, whip-smart 9 year old daughter. I'm no trying to gloss myself, but I'm inclined to say I've got a pretty good marriage. In those 11 years I have yet to have a guy tell me he's getting more sex now than when he was single or dating his wife, but sex isn't the issue - desire is the root of your problem.

As I've said in many previous threads, properly motivated women will move across the country, crawl under barb wire and out a 2 story window to fvck a guy she has the genuine desire to fvck. This apples equally to your wife of 1.5 years. Before marriage women look for ways to get laid with a guy they want to marry; after marriage they look for ways to avoid it, but it's desire that motivates it. Chris Rock says it best when he goes into sex after marriage - "I haven't fvcked in 8 years. I've had 'intercourse', but I haven't fvcked since I got married. I haven't had a blow_job in 8 years. I've had 'fellatio' but I haven't had my d!ck sucked in 8 years." This is the essence of desire after marriage; it becomes another chore to add to a woman's to-do list. Get the kids to soccer practice, go get groceries, fvck her husband and fold the laundry. Add a fulltime job to that list and sleep becomes the new sex. But it's not about being tired or overwhelmed, it's about desire. My wife works a night shift at a hospital and if she came in at 2am and woke me up telling me she felt like having sex I could be in the deepest REM sleep and wake up to knock it out with her and be ready to go for two, because I want to have sex with her. Women love to play the "but I really want to, I'm just not into it now" card to counter this, but like any good DJ, never forget it's her behavior that defines intent, not her words. Remember, a woman will fvck; she might not fvck you, she might not fvck me, but she will fvck somebody. She just needs to be properly motivated.

All of those precondtions she had for you to accept YOUR offer of marriage - a good job, be a good provider, a good listener, be funny, have status, being reliable, a good pyshique; all of that does nothing to increase her desire to have sex with you. The single, bachelor DJ is concerned with Interest Levels the married Dj should be concerned with Desire Levels.

So how do you prompt this Desire? How do you get a woman who knows every intimate detail about you properly motivated to fvck you like she did when you were 18? Women will cry, "more romance!" and men will roll their eyes and murmer "alcohol." Put out of your head right now all of these feminine-correct notions that you need to "rekindle the fire" or find some gimmicky ritual that will lead you back to that desire she picked up from some article in Cosmo - I've gone down that road before. 'Date Night' is a band aid for a symptom of a disease and this is a prolonged lack of Desire. There is nothing worse than going through the motions of a pre-planned, pre-scripted, 'date-like-you-used-to-have' only to have your wife lay on the bed like a dead fish. No amount of opportunity (which is what a date night is, scheduled opportunity) will lead to her wanting to have sex with you.

It's not about frequency, it's about quality. Frequency declines after marriage, it's just logistics (especially after kids), but spontanety doesn't have to. Would your wife fvck you in the car like she did when you were dating? Would she be up for fvcking you outdoors if you were hiking together somewhere? Would she be down for anything kinky that she hasn't done before or is it all just 'vanilla' sex now? Here's a list of things you should do froma a man's point of view:

Make her want it
SInce you've been married she probably feels pretty secure with you and whatever degree of control she has in regards to regulating the flow of sex. Make her uncomfortable. As counterintuitive as it sounds, this is the single most important advantage you can take. Begin to incrementally take the power that her intimacy has had sway over you for the past few years back from her. When you were unmarried even the slightest bit of anxiety that she may be put off for another, better prospect than herself prompted that desire to fvck you better than the others might be.

Most important though is to do this covertly. If you go popping off about how you're taking your balls back and she'd better shape up or you'll be looking for a woman who is into fvcking you, you're dead in the water. You have to imply with your attitude and behavior that somethng's changed in you. The best DJ principle to remember in marriage is that you will only get what you've gotten if you keep doing what you've done before.

The power of the 'takeaway'
In one form or another DJs use the takeaway to mold behavior. This is behavioral psychology 101, reinforce the behaviors you want and punish the ones you don't, all the time remembering that too much reward leads to satiation and cesation of the desired behavior. Don't buy your wife flowers in order to get her to fvck you, buy them AFTER she's performed accordingly and to your satisfaction. So many married men I know (even in their 60s:rolleyes: ) still atempt to purchase sex from their wives by 'allowing' them to buy expensive things thinking it will lead to 'appreciation sex'. In reality it will invariably lead to expected and desireless 'debt sex'. Remember, the pool boy that your wife cheats on you for didn't buy her a goddamn thing to make her want to fvck him.

Your attention is your best tool in this regard. One thing I tell AFCs on this forum is not to give away the farm on the first date and that women are by nature attention craving. When you give away your attention without her having to earn it, it devalues your attention. This is a paradox in marriage because it's understood that she 'should' have 100% of your attention and after years of marriage there is zero mystery about you. When you begin to take away attention she's grown accustomed to, she will seek it. And again you must do this covertly as she will respond to it coverty. You have to be sensitive to the adjustments she makes in her attention seeking, in conversation, in posture, in habit and behavior, becasue she wont overtly tell you "oh please pay attention to me." This will add to her desire to have sex with you in order to reaffirm this attention. Sex then becomes a reinforcer for her in this attention seeking which you can then use to modify her behavior - in this case being genuine desire.

Other forms of the takeaway may include certain regularities she's grown used to over the years that she takes for granted. One of these is a regular kiss. I used this to a great effect with my own wife. I would regularly come home from work and go kiss my wife as soon as I saw her, she became accustomed to this and after a few years I came to realize that I was like a puppydog in this regard, immmediately seeking affection as soon as I got home so I began to take this away. Eventually she covertly recognized this and began to greet me at the door with a kiss. She was prompted to desire that connection by a takeaway.

Stay in shape
Nothing kills married sex faster than one or both partners letting themselves go physically. Most married Mothers who do so love to use their pregnancies as justification for their lack of motivation and obesity. Arousal is the important component to desire. If your wife kept herself in bikini model shape after she'd been overweight your desire to fvck her would undoubtedly increase. The same applies to you. Every day I'm in the gym I see countless 30 and 40 somethings straining and training as if their lives depended on it. Actually their sex-lives depend on it. For far too long we've been taught that "it's what's on the inside that counts" and how wonderful inner beauty is. Funny how hard men and women will train once they're divorced eh? The question is, what is it about their situation that would make them take care of themselves physically that they wouldn't while married? Before the divorce, they never had the time or motivation, but now it seems they have plenty of both

By staying shape - and by that I mean better shape than your spouse if possible - you send a message, not only of confidence, but a covert understanding that she'll have some veiled competition for your attention. Thus you not only create genuine desire by physical arousal, but you simultaneously create a psychology of desire by prompting her natural competitive impulses.