"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

What would you do...

matius

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
933
Reaction score
0
I've been dating a couple of girls now for some time now- I've known them both for a while.

I've been honest. I told them both that I've been dating other people.

Problem is, it looks like all three of us have to be in the same class this quarter at school. It is one of two that I need to graduate (and there are no other times)...

Though I've been honest, this is a royal pain in the ass. What might you do in this situation (besides run)?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Well, you can thank your lucky stars that you've been honest with them. If they know which other you've been dating, you can look forward to them comparing notes. I only hope you haven't given them the same lines.

"I've never felt this way about a girl before"

You can bet they're gonna talk. It could work to your advantage. Just treat them both the same as you did before. It wouldn't hurt to find a third girl in case these two blow up in your face.
 

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
582
Reaction score
1
Location
PA
Is it once a week, twice or three times? That changes your exposure, I think. There is no getting around the fact that if they know who the other is, it will be difficult unless they are extremely open minded (that's euphemistic).

Do you know any guys in the class (assuming there is assigned or "fixed" seating)? Sit with him and if they say anything, just let them know that in class its better to keep focused on class and not your love life.
 

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
It's going to be awkward as hell. And I'll bet that you lose one of the girls this way. All you can do is continue to be honest. Maybe even introduce them. But there is going to be one girl that is going to want to walk out of the class with you, and hold hands, chat, kiss your cheek goodbye, yada yada. The other one is going to see that and bail. I would choose one now.
 

matius

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
933
Reaction score
0
Hmmm, the class is once a week...

I haven't said anything like that Big Pappy.

See, I've just recently found out this was happening...class starts this week. So it would be messed up to tell one of them I don't wish to see them anymore, than sit with this other chick in class.

I guess that's the thing I want to avoid. Bloody.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
8
They might force you to choose anyway... so be prepared. Try to have it both ways for as long as you want, but if the sh*t hits the fan better have one than zero.
 

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
Originally posted by MVPlaya
They might force you to choose anyway... so be prepared. Try to have it both ways for as long as you want, but if the sh*t hits the fan better have one than zero.
Don't let them force you to do anything! Find another girl outside the class so if they start getting proprietary, you can give them both the flick.
 
Top