Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What Would You Do If......

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched a movie the other night about 9/11/01. I hadn't really seen much of that footage in a while but this film really detailed the actual hijacking(s) themselves, like (judging by the tapes that remain) what actually went on in those planes, who did what, etc etc. I was thinking of what I would do had I been on a plane like that.

So imagine yourself, say, you're going on a business trip or whatever. It's early in the AM hrs, say, 730, 800. You finally get on your plane, you're sitting in first class ( see, in my daydreams you and me both travel in style). The no smoking sign goes off, you can unfasten your belts, your ears are still popping a little , you know how it is. The stewardess has just served whatever kind of "food" they're having for breakfast. Suddenly you notice one guy getting up and moving towards the very front, towards the ****pit door, and then another follows him. And then suddenly just as you notice that three other guys , who have now tied red bandannas around their heads (as they were saying in the film actually happened on Flight 93) , stand up and begin shouting things in a foreign language and one of them slashes the stewardess's throat . Some male passenger starts to fight with one of them and he too gets knifed. They're shouting and there's blood all over and now they're spraying Mace and all hell's breaking loose and they're telling you to get up and begin moving towards the back of the plane. (This is all , basically, exactly what the authorities now believe happened on board Flight 93 by the way, which was the one that crashed in a field in PA after passengers apparently started fighting with the hijackers).

So , realistically, what would you do?? Do you honestly think in this kind of sudden situation you'd be able to be the "leader" type of an attempt to retake the plane? Would you just sit there in shock? Would you start making phone calls to loved ones figuring you've had it? If somebody else made the first move, would you really get into it with the armed hijackers??

As for me personally, I think I would , once I regained some level of composure after the initial attack, I would probably , knowing what I know now, after seeing 9/11, I would probably join a fight for sure. But I don't think I'd be the type to be a leader of it, not in that situation. I'd probably be making phone calls like crazy and trying to figure out what they were saying on the ground, if anything, etc. What would a DJ do ?? :woo: :mad:

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I rather go down fightning then being strapped to my seat and go down with the plane.

I'd take any kind of weapon available ( rolled up magazine, keys, pen) and attack them with intent to kill. If it comes down to I will resort to biting or gauge their eyeballs out with my finger.

I doubt that this sort of thing will ever happen in the near future.
None of the passengers had any idea that the terrorists were going to take down the plane until it was too late.

Someone who tries to pull this sh1t again will be heavily out numbered this time around.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd grab the nearest parachute and jump off.

Better alive than brave.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only reason that those planes crashed into the WTC was that the passenger were ****ing pussies. Especially that little ***** that locked himself into the bathroom anc called his wife. ****ing *****. Think about it : 200 passengers and only 5 hijackers with knifes. ****, sure a couple of passengers would have been knifed, but the rest should have easily been able to overcome them.

So, yes I'd go all gung ho on their asses.

Teen Spirit

Banned
Reaction score
I'd probably start sarging. Try to join the mile high club before I die.

Best friends? NAY

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohh shut up Centaurion, the passengers where probaly thinking it was going to be a we want ransom money or prisoners realesed kind of thing. Who before 9/11 would be thinking hey they are probaly going ram this plain into a building.
I think the reason a plane hasn't been attempted to get hijaked again in the US is they know it won't work beacuse the passengers would assume the worst and fight back.

qweretyuiopas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not fight? It seems like they were gonna fly the plane and crash it anyway so you are gonna die, you mine as well try to stop them I mean really if you dont you die if you do you have a chance, it may be small but it is a chance

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
i know i would. when ur 30 thousand feet in the air anything goes. I would pull some wesley snipes passenger 57 sh1t believe that.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fear of injury to oneself is sufficient for 5 men to hold off 200. Think of a herd of cattle, being herded by ONE or maybe two dogs. Of course the cattle could gang up and stomp on the dogs, but they don't. I'm sure if someone here has studied psychology, they can probably put into words what I'm trying to say here.

Like someone said before, this was PRE- 9/11(okay, just barely 'pre'). People didn't know the intent of the hijackers. If they had known, I'm sure things would have gone down much differently on all of those doomed flights.

Another thing is, while you may say that you would have attempted to fight them, you would need at least 3 or 4 guys to take out the 5 highjackers. Good luck finding even a handful of people who A)know how to fight, and B) are willing to fight.

Unless the highjackers tried to highjack a plane carrying UFC competitors to a fight, they're pretty safe, even if they're only 5 guys with boxcutters.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of you say you're gonna "fight the terrorists", but that's because you know their suicidal intentions.

But remember, most people during 9/11 didn't. Haven't you see movies of hijacked planes? Usually the hijackers are just criminals who want a million dollars, not psychos who want to kamikaze a plane.

I guess most of the passengers at 9/11 just thought, "Hey these guys just want ransom money, I guess they'll let us go free when the government gives them $100M".

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do y'all remember the shoe bomber (Richard Reid, or something like that)? The guy who carried some explosive in his shoe on a plane, and then tried to set it on fire during the flight? That happened after 9/11/01. The flight crew and some of the passengers managed to subdue him until the plane could land. He eventually plead guilty to whatever charges were brought against him. Justice was served.

I always wondered how he managed to survive the flight, after he was subdued, that is. I mean, with the horrors of 9/11 fresh on everyone's minds, I expected the passengers to lynch the guy. Could you just imagine some passengers, after realizing that they have another potential terrorist attack on their hands, becoming so enraged that they would attempt to twist the terrorist's head around 360 degrees? I'm sure the extenuating circumstances would have resulted in acquittals for the passengers and crew, had they been charged with the terrorist's murder.

Really, I'm surprised that Reid lived through the ordeal without being lynched. Not that lynching would have been a bad thing, but that's JMO.