Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What would you do if money wasn't a concern?

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You have 1 billion dollars in your bank account!

What passion or hobby would you pursue?

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting my hands on another billion.

lpcullen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have the means to pursue my dream of becoming a talented rapper. I would be able to afford beats from the best producers, lessons from those who've made it, studio time, my own studio.... etc. The list goes on. If money wasn't an issue I wouldn't be going to college and I would spend my time reading books of my choice, focusing on my craft.
Damn, it sucks to think we don't live in a carefree world. Society is disgusting.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd first consider how the money could help others and donate a solid portion to the cause of sick children.

Music full-time and a re-ignition of my filmmaking career.

I would also create a new amusement park which would have both a modern section and a section paying homage to the old-time rides. I would rebuild the infamous Airplane Coaster (from Rye Playland) which was demolished in 1957. I have a genuine appreciation for the old-school amusement industry as I'm a descendent of a famous ride inventor from the early 1900s.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Make sure my family is well secure.

Pro bodybuilder, build my own business to help people improve their bodies and donate my time at any given childrens hospital.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I would take that $1 billion and do the following with it:

- $100 million for venture capital into a couple high growth potential business enterprises

- $300 million in conservative investments spread out in CDs, Annuities, Cash Value Life Insurance, Gov Treasuries and Money Markets.

- $100 million to purchase a major sports team or another major business with high growth potential

- $249 million in hedge funds

- $250 million in real estate

- $1 million spread out in traditional bank checking accounts for spending

U

user43770

lpcullen said:
Damn, it sucks to think we don't live in a carefree world. Society is disgusting.
Society isn't the reason that we don't live in a carefree world. Society is actually the only reason that anyone has ever been able to be carefree. Before society, humans spent all of their time hunting for food or fending off predators; or fending off other humans; or fending off the weather.

Society is the only reason anyone has the opportunity to pursue a rap career.

I equate aspiring rappers to aspiring artists, or aspiring photographers. Your biggest hurdle is that it's an easy job that 10s of MILLIONS of people want to do.

My suggestion to you is that you should do your best to master your craft. A lot of people want to be rappers. What sets you apart from them? Are you willing to put in more work than them? When you're sleeping, they're probably staying up practicing. Or they're trying to master making their own beats. You see what I'm saying? How bad do you want it? You have to want it more than them. Nothing comes for free.

Sure, some people have more advantages than you, but pining over that isn't going to get you ahead.

It isn't society holding you back, it's your lack of desire. How much are you willing to sacrifice to achieve your goal? Are you willing to sacrifice your free time? Are you willing to sacrifice your sleep? I guarantee you that there are many that are doing just that right now.

Starwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
great responses guys,

This question is always asked when you go to some company team-building session or a seminar about motivation etc.

usually everyone has a passionate or creative answer. The funny thing, the next day we all go back to that same job that we pretend to like.

If money wasn't a concern For me I would be driving trucks, driving from city to city and seeing new places everyday.ever since i was little i always wanted to drive those big rigs.

But never did do it because you don't get rich by being a truck driver...
I only told 2 people in my life that i wanted to be a truck driver.. they both laughed. My family also told me that i should study and get a bachelor degree. So now i have my Bachelors degree and a nice cubicle job that i hate.

Anyways seems social conditioning has got the best of most of us.. We pick a job that is accepted within your social circle and we pay the bills and save up until we can quit and maybe then have some time to do what we actually want to do.

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If money wasn't a concern, not much would change for me. I try to live like it isn't already, while I work on getting to that point. If I had that billion dollars in my bank account, I'd honestly try to invest most of it and make more. You're almost asking two different things.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a TON of money back (not a billion lol) in the early 2000's made from the tech boom. I had about four years where I had NOTHING to worry about, financially.

At first it was pretty cool. All the classes I'd wanted to take. Traveled to a few countries. Studied a foreign language.

But after a while it was pretty boring.

It's fun to have hobbies, but the ONLY way you would REALLY push yourself is if you had to create something that you NEEDED (or at least wanted) other people to buy.

Anything other than that and you're just pretending.

There's a reason why many lotto winners enter the spiral of doom.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i firmly believe i would be far to dangerous to posess a billion bucks

i would probably take 2 or 3 years just fvcking about and taking care of my inner circle

after that i think i would start a political party and start manipulating the masses

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the point the exercise is what you would do if you didn't have to work. In that case, I'd do this:

- Get up, drink coffee, read the net/paper/TV until about 9:30
- Go to the gym daily about 10, maybe go to the sauna
- Play golf daily, some days maybe go fishing/hunting/hiking instead, in the winter, or possibly some yardwork type stuff
- Eat a decent dinner every night

See, that's the problem with me. Most of my hobbies are enjoyable things with no tangible value except the enjoyment of doing them. None of it adds value to the world, except for the stuff I have to buy in order to do them. I also think doing this sort of thing would get boring, you have to push yourself to develop that feeling of a job well done, the feeling of accomplishment.

Steady Eddie

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had a billion I'd be sure to look after those I love.

But once I did that, I would invest in nuclear fusion research. Aneutronic and focus fusion to be precise. Don't get me wrong I'm terrible at maths and wouldn't understand a word beyond general ideas and concepts. But learning about it and seeing the science behind it, would be something I'd be interested in.

It goes without saying I'd never work again.

christoff522

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would buy a mansion, have a butler, and would literally vanish off the face of the earth for a while. I wouldn't tell anyone I was rich, I would just enjoy the fact that I had all this money. I guess people would realise after a while, but they would NEVER know it was a billion.

I would secretly donate a set amount to a few charities on a monthly basis. Then probably buy a building and start a church, never ask for donations (as I wouldn't need them to run the church) and just preach the truth, also..I'd probably have a second home in the US, somewhere rural, and I'd go shooting hunting and live off the land.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would do a few things.

1) immediately quit my job. Not because I don't like it, I do, but it's dangerous. One of the most dangerous jobs actually, up there with fishing in alaska. I wouldn't want to take that risk anymore.

2) Take care of family first.

3) Start up my own business. Currently saving for this. Buy a boat and charter it out. Take clients fishing, whale watching, diving, etc. Basically my dream.

4) Volunteer and fund projects bettering small communities internationally. I really like the idea about fog nets. This technology has brought running water to communities that previously had to use buckets for water. Something like the non profit org fogquest. http://www.fogquest.org/

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One billion, the world is now my oyster!

-- 1,000,000 buy my mom a phat pad near Taipei 101
-- 2,000,000 for family
-- 1,000,000 formal clothing, Nissan Skyline (kitted up to the max), cosmetic surgery (anti-aging stuff)
-- 800,000,000 in stable low risk investments
-- 1 on 1 MMA lessons from Chris Weidman with Chuck Norris supervising (Norris can kill by looking at someone and saying "Im Chuck Norris")
-- Buy an S97 raider and maybe some conventional helicopter then pay experts to teach me how to fly the damn things
-- 1 year intensive Japanese course in Osaka, Japan
-- Invest in an independent movie
-- Split my time between Seattle/Taipei/Osaka
-- Buy 30-40 houses and other property in Seattle
-- Open a nightclub called Red Pill and have locations worldwide (Taipei/Osaka/Miami/Athens/Rio/Mumbai/Moscow/Paris)

The list goes on and on and you couldn't pay me another billion to set foot anywhere near my cubicle ever again!

kintsugi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd think of the future generations and set up some inter-generational wealth.

A friend has this situation - since the 1920's no one in his family has had to work. The extended family meets once a year to pay respect to their ancestor who set this up.

Delayed gratification rather than instant entertainment.

CrimsonPanther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i would create a massive aquatic zoo with the main purpose of saving rare fish species from extinction and educating the masses.
that and going around the world hiking with friends in the wild (and mate with the local girls :D )

Skinnylove

Banned
Reaction score
Donate about 20% for world goodwill...then...

I'd buy my own island.
Build my own palace.
Build my own kingdom.
Officiate the ceremony by inviting all the world's monarchy.
Make sure everything is perfect in my kingdom.
Proceed to bang all the chicks in the world.