Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What would complement a style built around negs, sarcasm, and wit?

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I'm generally the quiet intellectual type. Negs, sarcasm, and witty jokes come naturally to me. I'm been described as the "always serious" type by a couple plates, even though I constantly make jokes. Lately, I'm been trying to tip the scale a bit the other way, since I feel like I neg plates too much and while it's fun for me, it's probably not so fun for them. But I'm been thinking it might just be better to find things that complement my natural self and simply pull back a bit on the sarcastic as$hole side of me. Any idea, gentlemen?

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eph said:
So, I'm generally the quiet intellectual type. Negs, sarcasm, and witty jokes come naturally to me. I'm been described as the "always serious" type by a couple plates, even though I constantly make jokes. Lately, I'm been trying to tip the scale a bit the other way, since I feel like I neg plates too much and while it's fun for me, it's probably not so fun for them. But I'm been thinking it might just be better to find things that complement my natural self and simply pull back a bit on the sarcastic as$hole side of me. Any idea, gentlemen?
If the neg, sarcasm, and witty jokes come natural to you then use them. Just know when you're going overboard and always finish them laughing or smiling. Just don't go around neg hitting random people you meet, you might get punched by someone with anger management issues. And if your plates are telling you that you're a serious guy then I would probably listen to them since they're the ones whom are attracted to you, thus that personality trait. With that being said I wouldn't stray too far away from being "serious." So the best advice for that would be the "Time and a Place" type of thing where you SHOULD act a certain way depending on the situation. Like something bad happens then it's not really a time to be joking around or you're at a fancy place and you're being just obnoxious etc..

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frayzer said:
If the neg, sarcasm, and witty jokes come natural to you then use them. Just know when you're going overboard and always finish them laughing or smiling. Just don't go around neg hitting random people you meet, you might get punched by someone with anger management issues. And if your plates are telling you that you're a serious guy then I would probably listen to them since they're the ones whom are attracted to you, thus that personality trait. With that being said I wouldn't stray too far away from being "serious." So the best advice for that would be the "Time and a Place" type of thing where you SHOULD act a certain way depending on the situation. Like something bad happens then it's not really a time to be joking around or you're at a fancy place and you're being just obnoxious etc..
Yeah, I figured I should try to make them laugh and smile a bit more. I usually get good responses to my jokes, but really they amuse me more often than others. And yeah, I don't neg random people. Thanks.

PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
This is my style more or less(not too quiet anymore though, for the most part). One thing that helped was learning about Myers-Briggs personality theory in order to guess what kind of approaches would be most effective towards certain kinds of people, and which are not. Check it out.
I'm working on the not being so quiet thing. I'll definitely look into the Myers-Briggs thing. Thanks.

On another note: being witty makes for good flirting, but I was thinking of complimenting more. I feel like that would go well with my kinda serious, no bullsh!t, somewhat direct style. I obviously won't do this every 5 minutes, but a nice compliment every once in a while (instead of my current "every once in a blue moon") shouldn't hurt. There's also the benefit of being able to do it in a foreign language. Thing is, I'm wondering if complimenting a plate on looks really is too cliche. She's not a supermodel in terms of looks, but she does hear her fair share of "you're so beautiful", "so pretty", etc. Maybe I'll focus on other things to compliment her on. :/

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is similar to me. I'm all about the negs, sarcasm and wit. I feel like I bring a giant ax wherever I go, ready to knock HBs off their pedestals. The problem for me, as some have mentioned, is that I can go overboard. I'm not the quiet type, so once I get going, I'm prone to talking my way into trouble.

I like the advice of giving women a compliment every so often to show that we have a human side. But don't give up your negs/sarcasm/wit, a good balance works best. I'm working on improving the balance myself. But your plan works - bantering with women certainly opens the lines of flirting.