Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What video games are you guys playing these days?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's never the same game twice. I plateau and then improve in fits and starts. Some days my mind is more attenuated than others, lol.
If you have never watched The Queen's Gambit on Netflix I highly recommend it...based loosely on a true story, but you get to see just how obsessive you have to be to succeed at chess in those tournaments and that's paired with having a natural talent mentally for it to think through things quickly.
I've seen The Queen's Gambit (before I cancelled my Netflix), loved it. I'm not looking to be great or even really good at chess, I'd just like to see some improvement once in awhile. Seems like I've been at the same level for about the last 20 years or more.

Definitely there are times when my mind is more in the right frame for chess than others. And my interest level also has an effect. From my best to my worst, I seem to swing back and forth within a certain range. It's like I have a peak and a basement, and I always stay in that area. Oh well, it's just casual fun for me. But considering I probably average about a game a day, I'm surprised I never get any better. I don't vary my openings much, so that cuts down on each game differing so much, at least a little.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Currently spend most of my time playing Skyrim, Civilization V, NBA 2K20 (best instalment I’ve played. 2k22 was terrible, the computer cheated so hard)

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I havent gamed in some time but plan on getting back into it. PC or PS5?
Depends on what you want. PC is endless in options and with emulation being so easy you could play any older system game you want. Ps5 for exclusives though, if there is a certain franchise you like. I switched to pc around 2016 after being a console gamer forever and I cannot go back. That and I need a high powered pc for the work I do on the side

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
A buddy of mine told me it is really cool.
Yes! It comes with a really good game included called Astro´s Playroom. Its like three hours long but I dont mind, I prefer short games like that.

Other ps5 Exclusives:

Destruction All Stars. Its a 6 out of 10 for me personally. Its passable. Havent finished it because time.

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart. I havent played it yet because time but I have loved previous R&C games and this one is probably just as good or better.

Upcoming ps5 exclusives I want to Play:

- The next Marvel´s Spiderman
- Marvel´s Wolverine
- Final Fantasy 16
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Rebirth

There are other options besides Ps5 and PC. Have you considered Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series?

The switch is underpowered but has some great exclusives as well. The alternative with the most bang for buck / the best value would be an Xbox Series S with a Game Pass subscription.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart. I havent played it yet but I have loved previous R&C games and this one is probably just as good or better.

Rift apart is fantastic, insomniac studios is so underrated. Ratchet and Clank slaps

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone play Cuphead? I thought it looked pretty cool several years back, but I didn't want to buy an XBox. Now I see you can play it on pc. I hear it is really hard though, which doesn't thrill me.

Serenity

Reaction score
I have played Minecraft on and off since the alpha release, which I think is well over a decade now. Later years have all been highly technical modpacks. I host a server and play with a couple of friends, the social aspect is half the game for me.

I play some other games of various genres too, but I never stick to one for too long.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone play Cuphead? I thought it looked pretty cool several years back, but I didn't want to buy an XBox. Now I see you can play it on pc.
Responding to myself here. I just noticed that Cuphead is now available for PS4 (hey, I've got one of those), so I picked up it and Tails of Iron, a couple of side scrollers. Cuphead looks like an old cartoon and Tails of Iron looks like it's painted. I like side scrollers (and top down games), because they seem to have that extra bit of separation from reality for a good escape, compared to the more modern fully 3D environments (I did like Shadow of Mordor though). Plus I guess they're nostalgic for me. This is your fault, @Atom Smasher, for starting this thread!

djreez88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Responding to myself here. I just noticed that Cuphead is now available for PS4 (hey, I've got one of those), so I picked up it and Tails of Iron, a couple of side scrollers. Cuphead looks like an old cartoon and Tails of Iron looks like it's painted. I like side scrollers (and top down games), because they seem to have that extra bit of separation from reality for a good escape, compared to the more modern fully 3D environments (I did like Shadow of Mordor though). Plus I guess they're nostalgic for me. This is your fault, @Atom Smasher, for starting this thread!
If you played the old Mario games (2d) cup head's difficulty is pretty normal really

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you played the old Mario games (2d) cup head's difficulty is pretty normal really
Really? That's cool. My reflexes were a lot better in those days though.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Just paid a month of Game Pass to try Back 4 Blood. Its great. Not as good as Left 4 Dead but close enough.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely prefer controlling machines over people in games. Today the emphasis seems to be on flipping every single switch in a realistic c0ckpit at the expense of realistic AI.
You might be interested in this video which shows a development of more realistic AI physics control.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Sonic Racing Bump.

Got around to finish Sonic Racing Games. Thought they would be good practice for when Disney Speedstorm releases later this month.

There were three games I played: Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing featuring Banjo-Kazooie, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, and Team Sonic Racing

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing featuring Banjo Kazooie: I got this for Xbox 360 (D@mn, I really miss Banjo-Kazooie. I wish they would make a new platformer). This was my favorite of all three.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed: This game features Wreck It Ralph as a playable character which I thought was pretty cool as I really like the first movie (not that I dont like the sequel, but I think they are very different). I got this for Wii U.
This game should have been my favorite of all three because you can play co-op with someone without splitting the screen (I played on the Wii U Gamepad and my girlfriend played on the TV) which is a big deal for me and basically my favorite thing about the Wii U (too bad not many games took advantage of this); but somehow I found the previous game more enjoyable overall.

Team Sonic Racing: Not a bad game but a bit frustrating sometimes becase you are always on a team of three and if one member of the team is controlled by the cpu it will drag you down more often than not.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
umm none...they are for immature figtrees.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
umm none...they are for immature figtrees.
I politely disagree. They are just workouts for your brain.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Bump

Just finished Ghostwire Tokyo yesterday. I would recomend it if you like First Person Shooters, Paranormal stuff or Japanese culture.

Its a solid 7 out of 10. The game was a Ps5 exclusive but it just released today on Xbox Series and its available on Game Pass.