Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to put on your resume as a 16 year old?

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm only applying for a local shoe store for the summer. There's probably almost no requirements, as long as they think you wont screw around.

What should I put on my resume? Community service stuff, times when I showed responsibility?

I've done web design/graphic design and gotten paid. I'm good with computers. I wanna put that on the resume but dunno how to phrase it.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have IT skills then you can do better than shoes. Don't sell yourself short.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Page said:
If you have IT skills then you can do better than shoes. Don't sell yourself short.
I have some stipend/interships already that I'm gonna keep in the summer, but this job would hopefully be only a few hours a day, 5 days a week, and I can work on freelance things outside of it.

Where can I get a consistent paying summer job using my IT skills?

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
put any community service/extracurricular stuff that you do, or jobs/internships of course.

also remember to put good references (teachers are good, family does not count as reference)

if you have a good gpa in school, you can put that there too

bilingual/trilingual etc is a nice plus

definetely put specific skills that you have.

also, if they call you, always remember to make a follow up call if they don't call you back in a week or so. (this is how i got my job actually, my boss gave me the manual and in the back, it showed how my boss should pick people to hire (LOL!), and one of them was see if they are persistent. well my boss told me he'd call me in a week, and when he didn't i called him and i think that was the hiring point.)

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually retail stores don't require resumes. Just go in and ask for an application. It will basically ask for your identification info, education, and job history. At 16 years old, they're not going to expect much from you. If you've never had a real job before, don't sweat it.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dot said:
I have some stipend/interships already that I'm gonna keep in the summer, but this job would hopefully be only a few hours a day, 5 days a week, and I can work on freelance things outside of it.

Where can I get a consistent paying summer job using my IT skills?
The key word is "consistent."

You probably won't get steady work since you're a minor. (unless you are exceptionally good and someone hires you as a part-time consultant, but don't count on it) The best bet you can do now is get your reputation out there and let people that you network with on a regular basis know that you can get things fixed. (OS reinstall, spyware removal, etc.) You'll get a few hundred here and a few hundred there, probably as much or more than the shoe place would pay you. .

Learn or brush up on Linux-- if you work in IT you should know something besides Windows. You are going to need every advantage.

Ken: BTW, outside of school, grades mean nothing. I've never once had an employer or interviewer ask to see my grades.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas of a consistant job that could maybe put my skills to work?

I wanna make consistant money during the week in the morning at some kind of job. I wanted to avoid working for some big corporation so that's why I thought of that local shoe store which would be fun.

LA_Chico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Professional masturbator bro