Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what to eat post-training, and in what time span.

The Diver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I wonder what to eat post-training and in what time span.
There are so many mixed opinions on the net and I don't know which one is right.

1-2 H before training I'm eating a good meal with plenty of protein and energy like cheese, meat, eggs, veg' and as such.

15 min' after training ( when I'm getting home ) I'm drinking 25g protein shake.
But, do I need to eat more after training to recover and build muscle, and how long after the training and the protein shake? (or, maybe the protein shake is all I need? )

I'm on Keto. I'm not counting Carb but I'm on very low carb, probably around 50-70g carb a day.
I feel perfectly fine and not feel tired at all, before, or after the training.

I started training 3 times a week doing the Stronglift 5x5, plus Dip and Kees Rise for abs.

Thanks for your advice

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on what your goals are.

For fat loss, eat 2-4 hours after your workout, maybe longer if you want. This is because within the 2-3 hour range, our bodies see a massive spike in testosterone. The extra hour is just utilize that testosterone lol. This will virilize you and make you burn fat typically (as testosterone does). It’s not a one-time thing though, you’d have to be consistent with it in order to see results.

For muscle building, eat right away. If you’re eating a lot of veggies, then don’t worry about overeating. If you’re on keto, I’d lower the carb intake to ~30 g per day.

What to eat: literally whatever you want that’s healthy. Avoid deli meats and pork products. Chicken is better for aesthetics + it’s cheap. Beef is better for strength and muscle building. Fish is good for both but can be expensive sometimes, or low quality.

Veggies, it doesn’t really matter so long as you have a variety of them. Eat more root plants (beats, radishes, carrots, etc.; anything that grows inside the ground), as these increase test (slightly). Anything from the cabbage family is good (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower) because it has an aromatase inhibitor (lowers estrogen in men, thus increasing testosterone indirectly) and will also increase free testosterone specifically, as it binds to SHBG more readily than testosterone does.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nah if you taking the shake after teh training you are good.

they say you have 30 min to do so, doing the shake or eating some chicken is what most do

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meal timing makes negligable difference in my experience, but if you want that 0.00001% increased efficiency have a protein shake within 30 minutes.

I find pre workout nutrition more important getting complex carbs in around 2 hours before to fuel a great session.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The studies that support carb timing were based on collegiate wrestlers doing 2 or more hours of cardio that is more intense than most people can imagine. Most of the mma fighters I knew ate garbage food and still had low body fat due to the high intensity cardio. My post workout meal was a 32 oz gatorade and then a six pack of beer. That didnt build muscle, but it didnt make me fat like it should have, either.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I do the Abs b'cos it's important in my opinion for core macules and better posture.
The best ab exercises are sprinting and heavy squats. Other compound lifts such as weighted chin ups, deadlifts, and overhead presses do significant work as well. Assistance ab work is basically useless.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I do the Abs b'cos it's important in my opinion for core macules and better posture.
Don’t listen to the guy above me, he has no idea what he’s talking about. Go look on brolly’s steroid thread and you’ll see pics of my abs. I never had abs until I started to do ab work. I used to swim, run, lift, all of it. And at a greater intensity than his workouts. Nothing gave me abs until I actually started to work them.

behimo

Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to see what works for your body.

in my experience you don't need to do ab work outs to get abs, you can perform compound lifts which also engages your core, which means you will develop abs.

if you want to add more focus on abs, that's up to you depending on your situation.

as far as protein, it was mentioned above, you don't need to time your protein intake. it's like the question should i work out in the morning or evening, matters little just make sure you eat enough protein per your lean body mass for optimal muscle growth.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Different things work for different people, I never really hit abs directly, I find they get enough work, but some people get results from doing that. Some people are gifted in certain areas and lagging in others, for me I never hit traps or abs, but my triceps need a lot of work on them to pop.

Only time I do them directly is if I want them to really pop for a photo, or on occasion throw some in if I feel like I have energy at the end of a session (rare)but outside of that I don't do them.