"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

What to do??

Headmaestro

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
48
Hi everyone. This is my first post to the forum. I’m having a hard time letting my ex girlfriend go after 5 years. She is the mother of my son and I have to see her constantly. I’m 42 years old and live with my mother but I’m currently saving to buy my own place. The ex girlfriend likes to drop hints that we have a chance of getting back together. She’ll even touch me playfully grabbing my penis and touching my ass. She says things like “maybe we’ll get back together if you start acting right”. I’ve been acting like I have other girls I’m dating but in truth, I do not. I’m trying to play like I do though to maybe get her thinking that girls are chasing me. Last night I walked up behind her and started kissing her on the neck. She shut it down by saying
“you have to be nice to me first”. Later that evening she left her phone unlocked and I went through it while she was in the other room. I noticed she is talking to 3 other guys telling one of them “I love you” and telling another guy to leave his house unlocked so she can come in and take a shower with him. Wtf? What should I do with this one? Should I even be trying to meet women until I can get my own place and get back on my feet? I think about the ex constantly. She’s the first thing to pop in my head in the morning, all throughout the day and when I go to sleep. It’s driving me CRAZY!!

Thanks in advance!
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
375
Reaction score
487
Age
32
Go NC bro. Your princess is in another castle and she's obviously not worth the hassle. She belongs to the streets. Get out dat jam. She disqualified herself. "Act nice and I'll do this" hell na bro you should be telling her this. You're not her dog, she should be yours. Just see her when absolutely necessary and for the rest go NC.
 

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
1,203
Age
45
Go NC bro. Your princess is in another castle and she's obviously not worth the hassle. She belongs to the streets. Get out dat jam. She disqualified herself. "Act nice and I'll do this" hell na bro you should be telling her this. You're not her dog, she should be yours. Just see her when absolutely necessary and for the rest go NC.
This
 

Headmaestro

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
48
Go NC bro. Your princess is in another castle and she's obviously not worth the hassle. She belongs to the streets. Get out dat jam. She disqualified herself. "Act nice and I'll do this" hell na bro you should be telling her this. You're not her dog, she should be yours. Just see her when absolutely necessary and for the rest go NC.
Even when she contacts me first? Should I just ignore the calls and texts?
 

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2020
Messages
213
Reaction score
448
Age
45
Oneitis is a terrible disease. If you haven't read The Rational Male, I suggest you do so immediately. No contact may be hard since she's your baby's mama, but limit communication with her to only logistics regarding your kid.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
375
Reaction score
487
Age
32
Even when she contacts me first? Should I just ignore the calls and texts?
Ignore everything except the utmost important texts about logistics. You are not like that to her anymore and she needs to realise that. She broke it off so she loses the right to your time and attention. Knowing women she will probably start using all kindsof tricks to get your attention back when you go NC, don't fall for it.
 

Headmaestro

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
48
Oneitis is a terrible disease. If you haven't read The Rational Male, I suggest you do so immediately. No contact may be hard since she's your baby's mama, but limit communication with her to only logistics regarding your kid.
Oneitis sucks dude. I’m currently reading the Rational Male for the second time. I want this woman for some reason. She has a gorgeous body and struts it around and it drives me crazy. It’s hard when I see that walking around
 

Headmaestro

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
48
What everyone else is saying, go no contact. Focus on yourself. Get out of your mom's place. Date other women.

It sounds like she is stringing you along while she fvcks other dudes.
I think you’re right. Just the thought of her screwing other guys is driving me crazy.
 

Headmaestro

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
48
Ignore everything except the utmost important texts about logistics. You are not like that to her anymore and she needs to realise that. She broke it off so she loses the right to your time and attention. Knowing women she will probably start using all kindsof tricks to get your attention back when you go NC, don't fall for it.
I’ve done this in the past and she says I’m acting like an *******. This ****s hard when I have oneitis with this girl
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
1,203
Age
45
I think you’re right. Just the thought of her screwing other guys is driving me crazy.
It's called bitter sting. Meaning youve been stringing along by this women, being played and used. What youre going to loose? Nothing, what you will gain moving forward that matters.. Learn, heal and grow.
 

Headmaestro

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
48
Of course it's hard. You know what's harder? Dragging this out by playing her game.

Follow the excellent advice of others and go hard core No Contact.

You've already read RM once? So you should know a thing or two. Your emotional brain is influencing your decision-making. If you need to, call a friend or he11, talk to your mom about it. Vent and get it out. (Note: Not to your child.) Then when you're feeling more stable, make the right decisions for yourself. They key is to separate your raw emotions from your logic.
Thanks. What should I say when she asks why I’m not responding to her texts?
 

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
375
Reaction score
487
Age
32
Thanks. What should I say when she asks why I’m not responding to her texts?
Nothing, you dont owe her an explanation. You are your own man. If she views you as an ******* who cares? Bro, you're 42 years of age. Deep down you know this is toxic and bad for you. Just reach deep down and grab that inner strength that every man has. Don't be afraid of it because it's outof your comfort zone. Embrace the power within you. (Yes I was a captain of a sports team)
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Should I even be trying to meet women until I can get my own place and get back on my feet?
Definitely try to meet women. I haven't had my own place before and that hasn't stopped me. There's several things you can say or not say until the moment you have to. Generally if you meet older women that are ok with kids, you can always say your kid lives with you. They'll understand and normally invite you to her place all the time for anything initmate. If you're trying to get together with a gal and not tell them you have kids(at least right away) and the subject of where you live comes up, just say whatever, like you are taking care of your mom due to health issues.

Normally I'd say go FULL NC but that is impossible since you guys share a kid. I'd just stay cordial but very short response with her and no flirting whatsoever. Just tell her you're seeing someone and busy.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Headmaestro

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
48
Dealings with your son are the only instance where you talk to her. There's no getting around that.

But you can control WHAT you talk about. So be polite, but be firm. Just say "I'd rather not discuss that" and give/get your kid. It's your prerogative what you choose to discuss and you don't owe her any explanations.

*Edit, what would you say to your son in this instance? He's a child, right? Apply the same strategy here.
Here’s something else I failed to mention... when I see my son on the weekends, I stay at her house because I don’t have my own place. I sleep in his bed with him. Sometimes we have fun together as a “family”. When we have these times together, it gives me hope. How should I deal with this situation?
 

Headmaestro

Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
Age
48
So with NC should I not respond to anything she texts except about my son? Or should I respond back with a very short response and then let it go?
 

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
Even when she contacts me first? Should I just ignore the calls and texts?
Ignore it all and only ever respond to logistics about the kid.

Oneitis sucks dude. I’m currently reading the Rational Male for the second time. I want this woman for some reason. She has a gorgeous body and struts it around and it drives me crazy. It’s hard when I see that walking around
Who gives a fuuck how hot she is? Pusssy is everywhere. What's more important is a woman that respects and works with you, and that's clearly not what she's doing.

I’ve done this in the past and she says I’m acting like an *******. This ****s hard when I have oneitis with this girl
You know you're being treated badly, so listen to that instinct and push her away. When a woman disrespects you you should be turned off and disgusted, not changing your life to be her cuck.

Here’s something else I failed to mention... when I see my son on the weekends, I stay at her house because I don’t have my own place. I sleep in his bed with him. Sometimes we have fun together as a “family”. When we have these times together, it gives me hope. How should I deal with this situation?
Take the son out for the day or figure out how to have him at your mom's with you for a night or two. You're in no state to be around this woman. She's got you wrapped around her finger and you're eating up every breadcrumb like a degenerate and begging for more.

Once you spend enough time away from her and working on yourself you'll realize that she deserves nothing from you. You're ignoring your resentment towards her, don't. Disengage and work on yourself until you don't give a fuuck.

Forget hope, turn down her advances, tell her you want space, dare her to walk. Work on yourself relentlessly, jump off that cliff in your mind that you're holding onto so desperately, it'll transform your life.
 

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
So with NC should I not respond to anything she texts except about my son? Or should I respond back with a very short response and then let it go?
Nothing. Only tell her when you're coming by to get him. Never ask her anything, talk in statements when you do this. Stop trying to weasel your way into responding under certain conditions. Be a man and have some self respect. Grow a spine and dismiss her because deep down you don't even think you deserve her. Fix that first. Forget her, focus on yourself, then OTHER women.
 

CopperHead

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2020
Messages
113
Reaction score
129
Age
37
Take the son out for the day or figure out how to have him at your mom's with you for a night or two. You're in no state to be around this woman. She's got you wrapped around her finger and you're eating up every breadcrumb like a degenerate and begging for more.

Once you spend enough time away from her and working on yourself you'll realize that she deserves nothing from you. You're ignoring your resentment towards her, don't. Disengage and work on yourself until you don't give a fuuck.

Forget hope, turn down her advances, tell her you want space, dare her to walk. Work on yourself relentlessly, jump off that cliff in your mind that you're holding onto so desperately, it'll transform your life.
You said you were saving for a house. Can you get an apartment in the mean time? I don't think its healthy for you to be spending "family" time with her right now, let alone for you to be sleeping in the same house as her. If you can get an affordable apartment you can have a place for your son to stay with you, and place to take other women.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top