"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

What to do with our lives..

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
In English class today, my teacher brought up a topic that really made me think.

He asked us: " What does each one of you want to do with your life?"

Almost the whole class replied the same thing: Go to college, get an education, a job, and get married. So I think to myself, is this the key to happiness and having a meaning in life? Alot of people dont even enjoy their jobs, and simply do it for the money. That gave me another idea; people base happiness on materialistic things. But I guess thats how most of the world is and there is no changing that.

Then I take a look at that bum lying in the alley. He looks perfectly happy. I guess some people find happiness from being free of anything. However when we look at him, we call him a "loser", because he does not have the materialistic needs that "normal" people have. But if he is happy with the free, independent lifestyle, why is he a loser?

This brings me to: getting good grades in school. To be honest, I dont half a crap about school. That is not because I do bad; I really dont need to study. And to be honest, I dont care about going to college and getting a good education, just like most of the world is doing. I wanna do something that makes me happy. For me, it is music. I want to be in a metal band for a living. I dont care about getting rich. Just enjoy writing and playing music.

I guess the only real reason I have to do good in school is because my parents get all *****y about it. I dont want them to see me as a failure. They believe that education is the key to sucess in the world. I, however, do not. I believe in following your dreams and true passions in life. But, if your true passion is to become a doctor and help people, do whatever the hell it takes (lots of school) to accomplish it.

And I must be honest, I have never met alot of people who share the same ideas as me. One of them is my uncle. He follows his passions in life. He loves the outdoors. Fishing and hunting, sleeping under the open sky. He also breeds wheat. And he doesent give a flying **** about materialistic needs. He lives in a small town in Siberia, Russia with his family. They are not rich. But when I came over to visit this summer, they are all very, very happy. Makes me think.

So should we stop following what the whole world considers happiness and give it our own meaning?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

bigboom

New Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Well Kid, yes i would answer. And yes, you are right.
If you really believe you can have the success you desire when you follow your passion and dreams you should go for it.

But...

finishing highschool must not be the problem here. If you don't like college or other higher education, quit! But its never bad to have a foundation in life because you are not aware how it will develop in the future.

So imagine yourself as an happy alcoholic bum...do you believe he's happy, the majority of them is truly happy?

So pursue your dreams and live your dream! definately. I never enjoyed school either. But if you can do both, you'll rock the world.
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
I can tell you one thing. 99.9% of bums are not "perfectly happy".

Thats not a smile of satisfaction on his face, its a smile induced by a drunken or drug laced stupor. believe that.
 

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by Julian
I can tell you one thing. 99.9% of bums are not "perfectly happy".

Thats not a smile of satisfaction on his face, its a smile induced by a drunken or drug laced stupor. believe that.
Yeah, I second that....

....but seriously, most people don't enjoy their jobs. Most people don't end up doing what they want to in life. Does that mean you can just go fùck around and do whatever the hell you want? Not really....

....you have responsibilities in this world and you can't just abandon them. Do you think you will be successful as a musician? Could you pay the rent? Could you afford food? Could you buy all the necessities that you need for life? Plus, who says you can't enjoy life if you don't do what you want to do? If I had my way, I'd stay at home and watch ESPN all day long....would I get anywhere in life? No. Would I gain respect among my friends or women that I find attractive? I would doubt that.

However, if you really feel strongly about not becoming a product of your parents ideals, I would suggest joining the Armed Forces. There, they don't give a damn who you are....you have no identity; you are part of a much larger spectrum of people.

I've been a DJ in training for a few months now, so I'm not really sure if I'm entirely accurate about this: I don't think a DJ would just flaunt all his responsibilities.... He is a man who strives for success at everything he does, he is a man who can offer protection (can you offer protection if you're making $10,000 a year?), and he is a man that understands that life isn't fair.

Ending my rant:
Have fun with your life. Enjoy everything you have; you are doing a hell of a lot better than that bum on the street. You have shelter, you have warm clothes....you have TEETH!
Take for example my dad: he wanted to be a scientist and now he's an accountant; however, he is still enjoying every minute of his life.
 

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
About the bum thing: I was simply trying to say that some of them DO enjoy the freedom. I am not saying that most bums are happy.. which is far from truth.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
111
Reaction score
1
I agree, the standard life thing is boring and predictable. I think the successful people in life push themselves and work hard for more.

One thing, educate yourself and continue to learn. Not saying it has to be through the formal college route, but do not allow yourself to get into the music and only music thing. Enjoy learning new things and using your brain.

Work hard and push your boundaries and Im sure you will find happiness.
 

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 23, 2003
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Charleston, SC
alright kidd, this is the only way you'll figure this stuff out: don't go to college. Move out of your parents place the day after you graduate and tell them you won't accept any money from them. Spend at least a year trying to get by in the real world with nothing but a high school diploma.

Don't think I'm being an *******, because I did it. I dropped out of college and did it all on my own for a year. Humping overtime doing manual labor making bad money. That's what's out there if you just gradute high school and try to get by.

See what that cute hb9 thinks when you stroll up to her and she asks "where you go to school" and you say "Oh man, I'm just working for the state. You know, little money in my pocket."

You should follow your passion. We both have music in common. The difference between me and you is I've already done what you're talking about (I spent a year on my own working and trying to get gigs in Nashville.)

You know where I am right now? I'm a music major in college. I did exactly what you're talking about and realized that I was (and you are) being overly idealistic and underly pragmatic.

You've never been on your own so you don't understand that, in order to get by in this world, you HAVE to have a job. You have to make money. Its not so you can have a nice couch and the "material things" you talk about. You have to work just to pay the rent and keep the place warm in the winter.

Quit being an idealistic, unrealistic kid and apply to some colleges.
 

Balanced

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Thats all fine and good, but what about later in life when you might want to do something different. Are your views in life the same as when you were 7? Mine neither. Just leave options open so you can have choices when your older. Choices = Happy.
 

assassin

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
California
Hey bro,

Keep going with music though man, become a real estate agent or something in life.. You don't have to have that much schooling... and a lot of techniques you learn about women here on this site, can be used to sell houses. You enjoy being a DJ right. It's a win win situation. Also since music is your goal and is what would really make you happy, you can play shows in your spare time. Become a rockstar in your spare time. Always have a backup plan man. Skipping college and working in pizza hut 40 hours a week is going to leave you broke, without a chick, and to exauhsted to enjoy music. Also if you're going to have kids I highly suggest you go to college and decide on a career. I've been raised on a $15,000-20,000 a year income my entire life with a brother.. My life has been hell. If you wan't your kids to be happy make sure you have a ****in real job before you have them.. Anyways enough of my ranting.
 
Top