Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What the hell do guys hang on the walls of their pad?

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bare walls just look boring and creepy. What do men put on the walls of bachelor pads? I mean obviously posters of naked chicks are the college frat boy thing. Need some ideas.

Also, I read on here that having plants on end tables and stuff is really good for women to see. Isn't that kinda gay though? What if you have guys friends over? What's next, nick nacks?

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RazorAzoth said:
Bare walls just look boring and creepy. What do men put on the walls of bachelor pads? I mean obviously posters of naked chicks are the college frat boy thing. Need some ideas.

Also, I read on here that having plants on end tables and stuff is really good for women to see. Isn't that kinda gay though? What if you have guys friends over? What's next, nick nacks?
I don't have my own apartment... but I have a good vision of what I want.

I want a modern apartment.

I don't see how plants are gay at all. Bamboo type of plants and green-y type of plants would be sweet (Examples). Just not an abundant amount of colorful flowers.

Abstract art would be my choice of things to hang on the wall (Examples).

I'd have digital type of things also... like digital clocks or something.

I can't imagine a guy friend calling anyone gay for having a clean cut modern apartment. He'd probably be REALLY jealous that you can bring women to your house, because he knows a woman would be really impressed.

Last edited:

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would think guys with plants score extra points!

I really like the art idea. Maybe also some beautiful photography (like Ansel Adams), or family photo collages could also make interesting conversational pieces.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got a Times Square scene on my 'main' wall, a set of Edward Monkton prints over my computer and a load of chilli plants on my window-sill.

Decorate your room with how your personality is without showing too much. I'm modern but like a touch of class, got a wickedly dark sense of humour (sometimes too dark and eclectic. Think the Cyanide & Happiness webcomic and dead baby jokes. ) I also have powerful emotions and like flavour and spice in my life (and in my food!)

Count Chocola

Banned
Reaction score

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Count Chocola said:
Plants and posters are the way to go! Your also need objects that are conversation pieces, stuff that will get her curious and talking, like art or a unique clock, or some statues. Get some cheap, under $5, high quality posters from Adam Hersh... he has like 295,000 designs!

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search-alias=garden&field-brandtextbin=Adam%20Hersh%20Posters
Man, those are sick! I totally forgot about movie posters.

Definitely gotta get...

Dark Knight
Fight Club
Bruce Lee
Boondock Saints
House MD

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hang things that I've done on my walls.

Go to a concert? Buy a poster, frame it and the ticket stub, hang it on a wall. There, now you have something hanging on your wall and it has some personal meaning to you.

Go on vacation to some place exotic? Take a camera, have the best picture(s) printed out big enough to frame and hang on a wall.

I only have one painting hanging on my wall. I have it because my dead grandmother painted it. It looks good, and again it has some personal significance for me.

I'm sure there's other ideas you can come up with but basically, take something with personal meaning to you and find a way to frame it.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My apartment is clean, modern and minimal with abstract paintings(not prints but real paintings) and I have 2 plants, some really cool snake plants that look great with modern decor and are low maintenance. And I also have a fake ficus tree. Girls have all been impressed by my ability to decorate, and no guy has ever accused me of being gay. Any guy that would consider it "gay" just because I have a nice apartment is probably not the type of person I'd hang around anyway as I like people who have good tastes in things. Yeah, just avoid flowery things and you'll be alright.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's see...

I have a whole bunch of post cards done up in a nice frame. I have started traveling, but before that I had some friends in the merchant marines who sent me stuff from overseas. Always a good convo piece.

Plants are always good. I love cactus so I have a bunch of them, usually in some kinda rock gardens.

In the living room there is alot of Southwestern stuff in general. I'm originally from out there and guess I like the Cowboys and Indians culture. Alot of it is actually from my grandparents, stuff they've made.

In the bedroom you get alot of posters and pictures. Movies, bands, cityscapes.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ever watch monk?
check out his place.
everything is so perfectly framed in black frames with white matts.
symmetrical as can be.. looks great...

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of nice plants, and a couple posters. The Beetles (also an inside joke with my best friends), James Dean, and mostly beaches, sunsets, palm trees, etc. My best friend is the exact opposite (minus the same beetles poster) with lots of velvet underground pictures and a more retro look.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luthor Rex said:
That looks like Audrey Hepburn from the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Yep.

I found it at IKEA. She was a classy lady and it works well with my room so I bought it.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
theunflushables said:
Yep.

I found it at IKEA. She was a classy lady and it works well with my room so I bought it.
IKEA is amazing if you know what you are looking for and know how to combine with some more 'upmarket' stuff.

RazorAzoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Last edited:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RazorAzoth said:
Wow, I didn't know posters were popular for bachelor pads. You guys do mean like framed posters, right? Aren't just regular posters kinda cheap looking and tacky?

I personally would LOVE to get my hands on a poster of this album cover art. I searched everywhere and couldn't find a poster.

http://www.amazon.com/Carver-City-Cky/dp/B001XJBDLM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242082829&sr=8-2
some bands still put stuff out on vinyl...
you could always look for the vinyl of it and frame it in a shadow box frame.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So far I've got one poster up

Sunset

Since I'm lazy and I moved recently and I may move soon, I haven't put up my other posters

Beach

San Francisco

I just picked up this Green Day poster and it should arrive shortly.

Soon I'm going to get some cheap frames and frame all them.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
I've just got a framed movie poster in my room along with a couple of life-size movie busts (still live at home with parents). At the moment all i've got is Terminator 2, eventually i want to get posters from Terminator, Scarface, Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, but original posters are expensive as fv<k.