Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What the deal with the uproar on the Peloton ad?

RickTheToad

Reaction score

I got the lady I am seeing a gym membership as it's a perk from my job (free). I asked if she wanted to join with me, she agreed and is using it. I do not understand what the big deal is for the Peloton uproar. I believe more and more people are understanding they need to lead healthy lives. If the bike was cheaper, I'd buy one to for me.

What am I missing?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not missing anything. The women complaining about this are likely either ugly, fat, have purple hair and/or are brainwashed; and they're mad they can't get a man to pay for the bike or the subscription like in the commercial.

If any woman starts talking to me about the patriarchy with any tone of seriousness, I'll walk away from her. It's not like she's going to listen to reason.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People that don't challenge themselves are more likely to be overly sensitive, emotional, irrational, and hold grudges. Being irrational and sensitive is much easier than the hard work of cultivating emotional control. There's no barrier of entry to social media, so naturally more of these sedentary complainers will speak out. It becomes a hate filled echo chamber perpetuated by the user's own personal irresponsibility and shortcomings.

By contrast people that challenge themselves constantly have a point of reference for these things. Any petty drama like this isn't given a second thought or is laughable because it pales in comparison to the pain they feel in their self induced hell of honing themselves. Even if they disagree with the ad, their input is constructive and logical, not emotional and aggressive.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I guess, but I think, logically, if we all eat healthier and exercise, just a little, it will pay off in dividends. Even the actor and actresses are backing away from the ad. Just weird and seemingly a p ussification of the dude who was the play hubby. Disgusting. You took the job. Own your s hit!

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Ad is similar to a woman getting her husband a hair club for men gift certificate. Man uses it and feels so much better about himself. Would men be outraged?

The rich people who made the ad are idiots. Yes, exercise is good. Yes, the bike is new and revolutionary. But to take the one of the main things women are extremely sensitive on (weight, the other is age) and make it into a commercial, how stupid can you be?

Why couldn’t the guy in the commercial get the bike for another guy, his brother? His dad? His buddy? No no, let’s a make a FEMALE and make her his WIFE. And then say he did her such a BIG favor by making her realize she needs to LOSE WEIGHT.

Brilliant boys.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why couldn’t the guy in the commercial get the bike for another guy, his brother? His dad?
Because the bike is too expensive and has on going payment , you cannot buy it to someone else other than your partner or your kids. Beside women are more into fitness especially a busy housewife where this device will be a perfect gift for her since she cannot go to gym.
I think the seller know exactly their customer segment , but they missed or didnt expected this anger from feminists

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine if he'd bought his wife a vacuum cleaner or a duster, dishwashing gloves, an apron, and broom.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Because the bike is too expensive and has on going payment , you cannot buy it to someone else other than your partner or your kids. Beside women are more into fitness especially a busy housewife where this device will be a perfect gift for her since she cannot go to gym.
I think the seller know exactly their customer segment , but they missed or didnt expected this anger from feminists
Why is this bike so expensive? How much is it? You don't need a gym quality piece of equipment to workout. Wal-Mart has bikes just under $400 and tredmills too under 400. Granted a treadmill I wouldn't go that cheap but I bought mine for $800 from sears 4 years ago on sale. It's showing wear but still works and does it's job. Regular price was $1400.

If I was spending 3 grand on a bike, eliptical or treadmill might as well get the heavy duty gym ones. If my treadmill breaks I'll just buy a cheaper one and a bike along with the weight station gym I posted about. besides my sub division has a club house with some bikes in it now that are heavy duty and I'd just go there. Well and to see that young HB9 too.

No reason to spend $1,000 or more for in home cardio equipment. I see these fancy ones with TVs and sh** in them like at the gym that cost thousands. Stupid.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Why is this bike so expensive? How much is it? You don't need a gym quality piece of equipment to workout. Wal-Mart has bikes just under $400 and tredmills too under 400. Granted a treadmill I wouldn't go that cheap but I bought mine for $800 from sears 4 years ago on sale. It's showing wear but still works and does it's job. Regular price was $1400.

If I was spending 3 grand on a bike, eliptical or treadmill might as well get the heavy duty gym ones. If my treadmill breaks I'll just buy a cheaper one and a bike along with the weight station gym I posted about. besides my sub division has a club house with some bikes in it now that are heavy duty and I'd just go there. Well and to see that young HB9 too.

No reason to spend $1,000 or more for in home cardio equipment. I see these fancy ones with TVs and sh** in them like at the gym that cost thousands. Stupid.
Doesn't come with the ability to use the courses and live environment. It's supposed to mimic a live spin class. In theory, you can use a regular bike or treadmill, then just use the app with a tablet. The problem with that is that the class cannot see your performance, so that drive to perform at your peak against the dozens (or hundreds) of other Peloton online users will not be there.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't come with the ability to use the courses and live environment. It's supposed to mimic a live spin class. In theory, you can use a regular bike or treadmill, then just use the app with a tablet. The problem with that is that the class cannot see your performance, so that drive to perform at your peak against the dozens (or hundreds) of other Peloton online users will not be there.

A few companies make expensive equipment like this. Again, WHY Do you need all this fancy crap to workout? Why not just get a regular bike or treadmill that shows miles ran/rode and calories.

Are people that lazy they need to be motivated this bad? Cardio is boring, yea but seriously the motivation to not be a lardball should be enough. I have no need for this fancy crap.

My treadmill has no TV, no app for interaction and does just fine.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Because the bike is too expensive and has on going payment
What does that have to do with anything.

A man can buy his dad an expensive bike and make payments on it.

you cannot buy it to someone else other than your partner or your kids.
Sure you can.

Beside women are more into fitness
I know lots of guys that are more into fitness than woman.

especially a busy housewife where this device will be a perfect gift for her since she cannot go to gym.
Why is she a busy housewife? That’s offensive,

She cannot go the gym but he can? That’s offensive.

I think the seller know exactly their customer segment but they missed or didnt expected this anger from feminists
They are pretty stupid thinking this is the 1950s and women are domesticated.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything.

A man can buy his dad an expensive bike and make payments on it.

Sure you can.

I know lots of guys that are more into fitness than woman.

Why is she a busy housewife? That’s offensive,

She cannot go the gym but he can? That’s offensive.

They are pretty stupid thinking this is the 1950s and women are domesticated.
What about ongoing payments ? there is subscription that you have to keep paying monthly, no body buy gift that they have to keep paying for ever. such gifts usually people buy it to people they are already living with them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few companies make expensive equipment like this. Again, WHY Do you need all this fancy crap to workout? Why not just get a regular bike or treadmill that shows miles ran/rode and calories.
You don't have to, but for people who have the money, why not?
I'm not sure that riding a stationary bike is the best exercise anyway, it's just legs and cardio. You're probably better off taking a brisk walk.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
You don't have to, but for people who have the money, why not?
I'm not sure that riding a stationary bike is the best exercise anyway, it's just legs and cardio. You're probably better off taking a brisk walk.
I just think it's bad people need TVs, interactive stuff just to stay motivated to workout built into the machines.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just think it's bad people need TVs, interactive stuff just to stay motivated to workout built into the machines.
It's a tool, like anything else. Not a bad feature, IMO. I just hate the idea of paying subscriptions. There's even software now that you have to rent by the month. I do have Netflix, but that's just like paying for cable.