Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What stocks do you guys own?

Apone

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Coinbase is a good bet. It also seems to be the most stable, trustworthy exchange after all the others have crashed and burned.

I just bought some UIPath. They do AI software for robotics.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Coinbase is a good bet. It also seems to be the most stable, trustworthy exchange after all the others have crashed and burned.

Those are top holdings of various ARK ETFs. You might be able to get better diversification through an ETF than holding two stocks.

I personally wouldn't own them now owing to risks in the overall economy.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Honest opinion, Coinbase is not a good bet. Their business model is not sustainable and heavily relies on the income generated by selling poop coins(aka unregistered securities). This model only works during bull markets, most likely will not exist to the the same extent in the future, as a company they are going to face massive regulatory/cost hurdles and the fees on the one thing that has low risk sustainability (bitcoin) is being driven to zero. Some exchanges already offering it at zero. If you want to have exposure to this industry by far the best play is bitcoin in cold storage, to a lesser extent an ETF when passes and MicroStrategy stock if for some reason you can not hold physical BTC. Would not touch ARK either if you have the options I just metioned

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Several electric vehicle company stocks, some AI stocks, some pharmaceutical company stocks. Sold all my semiconductor company stocks. And then stocks and ETFs that pay dividends.

needimprovement250

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When the pandemic hit and crashed the stock market, I decided to buy in since I had never bought stock before and it seemed like the perfect time. I just did a small investment of $300 and bought stock in Royal Caribbean cruises, the parent company of IHOP and Applebee’s, and Dave & Busters. Today, my portfolio has tripled in value from buying those (I haven’t bought any more stock since) and I wish I had bought more when the market crashed.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Aristippus "would buy into"[1] Coinbase, and Apone called it "a good bet"[2]. jaygreenb replied "Coinbase is not a good bet"[3]. In the 3-4 months since their comments, Coinbase stock has more than doubled.

[1]
To the original poster: I don't have a bunch of disposable income but if I did and wanted to invest in the stock market I would buy into Tesla, Microsoft, and Coinbase. For future reference.... the time will pass. It's 8/21/23.
[2]
[3]
Honest opinion, Coinbase is not a good bet.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aristippus "would buy into"[1] Coinbase, and Apone called it "a good bet"[2]. jaygreenb replied "Coinbase is not a good bet"[3]. In the 3-4 months since their comments, Coinbase stock has more than doubled.

[1]

[2]

[3]
What has bitcoin done in that timeframe with significantly less risk? Dog and meme coins have performed well, does that make them good investments you would recommend or just a trade? In markets today, short term price action has little to do with long term value or viability. Everything I said in that comment I still fully believe, especially holding bitcoin in cold storage is a substantially better play for exposure. Have you looked at the performance of what i listed, any actual arguement besides price, What point are you trying to make?

Last edited:

Apone

Don Juan
Reaction score

I called this one. Coinbase has done pretty well.