Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What should I do?

gonzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry for the long post but I need to give a full explanation.

I'm studying (we're in our early twenties) and I met a girl in my class that I like. The problem is she has a boyfriend. If she didn't I would have made a move in a heartbeat. But she does. Now I'm torn whether to make a move or move on.

1. We got on really well from the beginning. At first I took my usual tack of being witty and quite ****y (being a bit mean to keep them keen) which usually does the trick. She was the only girl that answered back and the first few weeks of the course we pretty much had an ongoing argument (so much so that she ignored her best friend that had come down to visit her at a party we were at). Everyone calls us the "old married couple" and asks when we're going to get it together. It's that obvious.

2. Apparently I ignored her on the first day when she said hello (that really pisses her off and she goes on about it a lot). I found her attractive, sure, but I had other possibilities as well.

3. She didn't really mention her boyfriend (she alternates between calling him by name and boyfriend) until a few days after we met. She often talks about how he's not a proper boyfriend and how she passed the "obsession stage" ages ago. I met the boyfriend (he's the jealous type) and he's an arse. He deserves to lose her (but he has a much higher status, with the money that goes with it, than me). Apparently, she told him that I was gay (an amateur move on her part) which he blurted out in front of everyone. But she has been going out with him for 3 years (they met in the first week of university and I suspect he is her "first" if you know what I mean)!

4. Once a guy started hitting on her (she was a bit drunk), she turned him down flat. Then he asked whether she would go out with me (he had noticed us flirting before) and she said "I can't I have a boyfriend".

5. She keeps asking me who the guys think is the most attractive girl in the class (classic attention wh0re behaviour no doubt). I put her down a few times because this kind of thing annoys me. Once she stormed off in a huff and texted me that she used to care what I thought about her but not anymore and that she wasn't "interested". She brought up the C word and tried to get me to admit that I cared about her. For example, when we had an argument and I stormed off she texted me: "if you care please give me a call". Another occasion she said something nasty about a friend of mine (a girl in the same class) and we had another falling out. Then we made up in the bar (with the rest of the class there) and she started crying about how I wouldn't defend her like I defended the other girl. Incidentally, she's always going on about how the other girl's my lover and how I'm touching the other girl inappropriately. She gets very jealous (when I call her on it she says that she is "joking" but she still keeps on doing it).

6. I didn't really touch her much at the beginning because she didn't really touch me first at all (this is a rule for me). But then one day she got a bit drunk and asked me (in front of everyone in the class) why I never touched her! So then I changed game plan and started touching her a bit (no hugs really because that would be too obvious). When she gets drunk she holds my hand and, strangely, keeps trying to get me to touch her stomach ("I have a hard stomach, feel it" or "I'm really hungry" while she puts my hand on her stomach).

7. I was actually gearing up to make a move at the end of term party (drunkeness providing the plausible deniability). However, she was flirting with another guy (who is in my class too) at the party (and for a few days before, ever since his girlfriend went on a trip abroad - curious!). She would be laughing at all his lame jokes and he would be touching her all over. She was drunk and not making the advances at all. She sat on his lap and he rubbed her thighs and she said nothing. He rubbed his crotch against her ass and she said nothing. Then he started a fight against a guy in our class and called her flatmate a "c***". After that she went after him and put her hands around his neck (as if to beckon him in for a kiss). The flatmate took her home because it looked like she would go all the way with him. Needless to say she completely ignored me. Since then she has said that she doesn't fancy him but a few days before she had put him second on the class "shag list" (omitting me but as I was sitting there I'm not surprised).

9. After that incident, we all went to a dinner party. At the party she kept bringing up the incident and saying that I thought she was a slut. She had also arrived at the party with the guy she had been messing around with at the end of term party (I later discovered that they had arranged to have a drink beforehand by tripping them up). I sort of ignored her and at one point she came up to me to talk and I walked off. Then she ran after me and PUNCHED ME IN THE NOSE in front of everybody! After that she started crying that I was ignoring her and went home. Although throughout this she was flirting with her flatmate by text. Incidentally, she often talks about him and flirts with him but he's not interested in her (although I'm pretty sure she's interested in him).

9. At first I thought she was an attention wh0re, then I thought she was being genuine and now I'm not sure after what happened at the party. I'm a bit pissed off to be honest because I gave up on another girl in the class which I like too to see if she would dump the boyfriend (which she hasn't even though they live in different cities and see each other once every two or three weeks!) and now that other girl has a boyfriend.

So what should I do? Should I make a move? Women are like monkeys after all are they not? I don't want to waste time (she's moving away in July). I'm not sure if I want a long relationship but I really want to have her as a conquest out of principle almost (especially after all the hard work I put in and the chances I missed to pursue her).

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mate, i've only jsut found this board, and am no DJ myself.

but she is blatently playing you, i would jsut call her out and tell her to stop ****ing around, or just ignore her.

because otherwise shes gonna flirt with you, have a boyfriend and still flirt with other guys in front of you and piss you off, whilst your misisng chances with other girls.

gonzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well ignoring her is a problem. As I said in my first post, she get's angry and upset when I do it. She punched me in the nose!

Also, we have the same circle of friends in the class and if I want to ignore her I would probably have to give up all my friends and sit in the library reading a book. I'm not too keen on that!

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
whos in control here? you or her? if she gets pissed of, tell her you dont care and she should stop acting like a knob.

gonzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
Who gives a fcuk if she gets mad? Do you have a penis or not?
Don't worry I've dished it out before. Once she was pulling some **** and I called her a ****ing ***** and told her to go home because she was annoying me. Then she texted me saying that she knew how I felt and she wouldn't text me anymore. We were awkward around each other for a few days (this screws up the class because we have the same circle of friends) and then made up.

After she pulled her antics at the party I ignored her for five days straight. She kept calling me and texting me and I didn't budge. Then one of her friends texted me saying she was very very upset (hint, hint) and I texted her saying I needed some time on my own without her pestering me. We made up a bit after that and then she started ignoring me for a few days to get back at me. Then we had the dinner party which was totally ruined. People were actually leaving the party on account of me and her arguing.

We're both very angry at each other. And if we ratchet up the tension and start ignoring each other or fighting it's going to ruin it for the rest of our friends. I'm stuck in a no-win situation.

I feel like I'm experiencing all the bad parts of having a girlfriend (the fights, having to make her feel better about herself etc) while enjoying none of the good parts (you can guess). Plus, I used to be in total control and now I feel I'm losing it.

CharmaLeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
blah blah blah why don't you fvck her already.

After a while women get discontented with their partners and that's when you should strike. Women are almost invulenerable to your advances when happy in their current relationships.

It sounds like there's a sexual tension in the air. But if you wait too long you get a punch in the nose. Are you waiting for her to spell it out for you?

Besides you are taking too long. If you don't give it to her someone else will.

gonzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CharmaLeo
blah blah blah why don't you fvck her already.

After a while women get discontented with their partners and that's when you should strike. Women are almost invulenerable to your advances when happy in their current relationships.

It sounds like there's a sexual tension in the air. But if you wait too long you get a punch in the nose. Are you waiting for her to spell it out for you?

Besides you are taking too long. If you don't give it to her someone else will.
My natural inclination is to agree with you. But there are a couple more reasons why I'm hesitating.

Firstly, two of the girls in my class (let's call them X and Y) have warned me off the girl I like (call her Z). X is a close friend of mine. She was in a 4 year relationship until recently. X told me that I shouldn't make a move until Z had broken up with the chump and got over him. Otherwise, I'd just be discarded pretty sharpish after she's used me. X also said that she ended her relationship as soon as she found herself attracted to other men (hinting that Z is an attention wh0re I think because Z hasn't ended it with the chump).

Y also warned me. She said: "I don't know what she's playing at. She's got a boyfriend. When I had a boyfriend I didn't act like that around other guys. You should be careful."

I'm figuring girls know other girls best right? They have a radar that we don't. So if they smell something fishy it puts me off.

Secondly, when Z was trying to convince me that she doesn't fancy the guy she flirted with at the party she said: "I would never cheat on my boyfriend. You know why? Because when I was 7 my dad had an affair and left my mum, my brother and me. He got a new family and divorced my mum. It destroyed her. I would never cheat." Now if that doesn't put a dampener on things I don't know what will.

You still think I should make a move?

Even so I will probably make a move. Just **** it. Any more opinions? Go on, don't be shy...

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, stop analyzing this situation. This chick seems like a nutjob anyway. Is this really a girl you could see having a relationship with if she acts this way ?

Don't analyze this b/c you're going to drive yourself more nuts than you already are. Lay low, ignore her, act cool.......just do your thing. But do not play her flirting game.

Drop everything, go up to her, and ask her out and end this ridiculous overanalyzation.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

imnexthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bluephoenix,

I have attention ***** problems of my own (see my post if you would like) and after using the search feature you seem like sosuaves resident AW expert.

Is there anyway to turn the tables? By this I mean leave her with your dignity intact and her wanting YOU?

Obviously cutting all ties gets rid of the problem but not the anger associated with being just another one of her groupies.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by imnexthere
Hey bluephoenix,

I have attention ***** problems of my own (see my post if you would like) and after using the search feature you seem like sosuaves resident AW expert.

Is there anyway to turn the tables? By this I mean leave her with your dignity intact and her wanting YOU?

Obviously cutting all ties gets rid of the problem but not the anger associated with being just another one of her groupies.
I was going to respond to you in your thread but as you´re already here...

Actually when with Aws you´re in a tricky situation where there´s not much you can do.

A) If you don´t care about the outcome, simply cut all ties and move on. Beware that she´ll probably badmouth you to simply everyone she meets from that moment on (she sees it like "black or white" situation).

Consider dumping all the group she´s part of, because she may put them against you and they´ll believe in her!!!

B) If you have too many friends in common and you think that "dumping" her will screw up your reputation then you have to:

Kiss her ass;
Be completely Afc to her;
Apologize, yes do it;
"Assume" that it was your fault (she´ll believe it, because it´s never her fault :rolleyes: ).
Smooth her with compliments until she gets sick of it.

It´s a situation that you have to decide. But remember that other people will notice that the problem is with her, because she´ll continue to do the same thing with other guys in the future.

"I'm not a mental health professional, if you have any doubt seek for a qualified psychiatrist!" :p

Last edited: