"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

What should I do

Steam

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Today me and my dad got into an arguement and I told him a I hate him but not just playin around like really hurtful and mean I really regret it now. But now my dad is lik avoiding me and depressed and ****. Since I'm his first born child I don't know think he'z taking bad since he scrafisted so much. I don't know what to do. My parents got me on a tight least I want to break away from it but I can't. I don't know what to do. What should I say to my pops
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

cffrmw

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
2
Age
40
Location
colorado
tell him you dont hate him, you're sorry for saying that, but sometimes you feel like you don't have any freedom and you're missing out on life. tell him you'd really like a later curfew or whatever
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Honesty.
 

hoxxxie

Don Juan
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I'd say apologize, then talk about your freedoms and restrictions and come to a more agreeable situation.
 
Top