"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

What should I do? Friendship...

WhAcKeD!

Don Juan
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Well Ive got a little problem on my hands. Theres this girl I really really like, but the only problem is, she has a boyfriend. So that means all we can do is be friends. I got into a little fight with her about us being friends and basically said I dont want it anymore. I have so many mixed feelings about her its killing me. Part of me likes her and wants to be her friend, part of me doesnt want to be around her, and part of me wants to be her boyfriend. My question is what shoud I do...remain her friend? Or just stop talking to her and end it, please give me some advice. I get real pissed off at her sometimes cause shes not my gf, is that me just being greedy or what. Please help. Thanks.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

n2o666

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
45
It would be better to break ties in my oppinion. You cannot truly be friends with someone who you are romantically interested in. I tried for a year an a half and it just doesn't work. She will still be in your head and this will stop you making progress with other woman. Also whenever she falls out with the bf she will come crying to you.

Just my 2cents.
 

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
Originally posted by WhAcKeD!
I get real pissed off at her sometimes cause shes not my gf, is that me just being greedy or what.
You said yourself you don't have the ability to be around her if you're not with her. Don't piss her off, just make yourself scarce.

If she is 16 like you, then chances are her and her bf will break up in the not so distant future. You will have an opportunity with her, but not if she hates you because you were an arse. In the meantime, be friendly when you see her, but don't kiss up to her and don't try to hang out with her.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
never have "girll" friends - just acquaintances - unless she wants to hook you up with one of her girls. Does she know that you don't want to be her friend because you like her romantically?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
It will be easier on you if you just break off ties.

Seeing her - and not "Being" with her, will fvck you up in the head - and you will not be happy.

Plus, you are giving more than she is. She's taking what she wants from you - friendship, a guy who wants her and therefore will treat her well - and what is she giving you in return?

If she knows how you feel, she's only being selfish by telling you just to be friends.
 

Befuddled

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Perth, Australia
Move along. break off contact....preferably gradually and without incident. Apparently it'll a little late for that, but try to break it off on good terms, slowley.
It'll be good for you, trust me.
 

Viking25

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
313
Reaction score
1
Location
Miami
LOL...good one!
Ok,she is what ,around 16? Here's what I would do. Put her on the back burner,don't invest too much time or energy in her,but stay friendly. When she breaks up wit her current bf,she will run to YOU..and most likely will want to rebound with someone really fast. You are already her friend you sounds like you got a good rapport with her as a friend,so just keep an eye on her,keep it cool and wait out,while trying to get other chicks.Win win situation.
 

WhAcKeD!

Don Juan
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
3
Age
39
thanks guys, this really helped me alot. And ya...thats the problem. A long time ago when I was a fvcking dumbass I spilled my guts to her. And now, I see how pathetic that was. Thats why I think Im like this right now. Its hard for me to be friends with her cause she likes me as a friend and I like her as more then that. Last night I was really an ******* to her, I mean like BIG TIME. And I dont know what I should do from now. Should I tell her Im sorry, or just break it off to her nicely that I was a little tempered and then tell her nicely that i dont think we should be seeing eachother anymore. Thanks guys.
 

WhAcKeD!

Don Juan
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Also when I do decide to tell her about the fact that we cant be friends for a while, should I tell her online, in person, or on the phone? Thanks.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
Tell her as soon as you can.

Over the phone is best.

Don't due it online or over email.

Don't so it face to face because you will probably just cry

:D

Kidding.

Over the phone. Less BS to deal with. Call her up :- pre-emptive strike.
 

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2002
Messages
464
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Originally posted by WhAcKeD!
Also when I do decide to tell her about the fact that we cant be friends for a while, should I tell her online, in person, or on the phone? Thanks.
Everybody gave great advice. As of NOW, you shouldn't SAY anything. You already made your intentions known. There is nothing more to say. You didn't end it with class or style. And the girl is losing respect for you! You already showed your desperation, and you got into a little fight with her over that. Each time you show your desperate face, she'll lose more and more respect for you.

At this moment on, tell yourself that YOU HAVE MOVED ON! Don't call her, don't write to her, don't do anything with her. Kick her out of your mind. It's OVER. Get that in your head.

If you still have hope, get rid of it. Gohere for some more insight.

Good luck dude and I don't mean to be harsh. It's tough, no doubt about that.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Originally posted by OddTech
Everybody gave great advice. As of NOW, you shouldn't SAY anything. You already made your intentions known. There is nothing more to say. You didn't end it with class or style. And the girl is losing respect for you! You already showed your desperation, and you got into a little fight with her over that. Each time you show your desperate face, she'll lose more and more respect for you.

At this moment on, tell yourself that YOU HAVE MOVED ON! Don't call her, don't write to her, don't do anything with her. Kick her out of your mind. It's OVER. Get that in your head.

If you still have hope, get rid of it. Gohere for some more insight.

Good luck dude and I don't mean to be harsh. It's tough, no doubt about that.
[/QUOTE

Ditto!
 

Cage&Aquarium

New Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Platonic friends that you don't choose are another form of women using you. Would you be her boyfriend if she was only with you for the flowers and the jewelry? I hope you answered no.

As your friend, she is sucking a more precious resource then money out of you. She's eating up your ego which could take years of work to repair. She is using you, attacking you, and as such, is unfit to be in your life unless it is on your terms. Drop her, she's useless.
 

Befuddled

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Perth, Australia
Originally posted by WhAcKeD!
thanks guys, this really helped me alot. And ya...thats the problem. A long time ago when I was a fvcking dumbass I spilled my guts to her. And now, I see how pathetic that was. Thats why I think Im like this right now. Its hard for me to be friends with her cause she likes me as a friend and I like her as more then that. Last night I was really an ******* to her, I mean like BIG TIME. And I dont know what I should do from now. Should I tell her Im sorry, or just break it off to her nicely that I was a little tempered and then tell her nicely that i dont think we should be seeing eachother anymore. Thanks guys.
dude. you dont tell someone else what u hope to do. here's what i'd do:
-just subtly apologize for blowing your top. tell her you were confused , etc. be honest.
-Thats it. cutting someone off is not a decision made at any single point in time. it'll happen...gradually. ease out of it. if you see her, put on the fake smile...thats all.... but avoide her whenever you can. no need to be rude or abnoxious about it.

besides all you want to do is distance yourself from this girl. no need to let her know she got to you in this way. just slide away.

Cheers.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top