"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

What REALLY bothers me...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I've actually been going OUTSIDE this site for advice lately. Mainly to a few close friends who used to frequent this place but no longer do. Why?

Mainly because I don't trust the opinions of people on here as being EXPERIENCED opinions. And I'm as guilty of this as anyone, but it seems like a lot of the opinions coming from people here are opinions based on an understanding they got by reading articles by Pook or Fingers or God knows who else. They come up with this combined philosophy and use THAT to answer questions on here. And 9 times out of 10, they're right...but occasionally you come up with a sticky situation (like this thread) where you can really see what people HAVE EXPERIENCE with women and are talking from that real experience and which people are just running the thought through their unified Don Juan processing formula and spitting out the "correct" answer.

These are also the people who are so quick to holler "AFC! AFC!" at everyone, as if there was this absolute scale from 0 to "DJ" and that every action landed you at a specific point on that scale.

All I'm saying is take everything on here with a grain of salt. Just a grain. Because like I said, 9 times in 10, they're probably 90% correct. But learn to spot people who speak from experience rather than rhetoric, and understand that there's a time and place for both.

That includes my own advice. :eek: I speak from rhetoric and what I understand to be correct probably 90% of the time because while my experience is growing, it's by no means profound. The thing about this place is that we're all here because we need something, and we're all still learning. :)

I would go so far as to say NO MAN on here is an expert in women.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
I would go so far to say NO MAN is an expert in women, period.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Squirrels - this a 'feedbck' forum and nothing more. We don't necessarily have to be an 'expert' on women - there is really no such thing. But what we do know is how to behave and think as men. This is where most of our insight comes from. We are are really talking from the man's point of view - you willl not get the same perspective from women!

When we talk of 'advice' obviously age and experience does count.

All my knowledge comes from within and is not predicated on the dj bible - I never read the DJ bible but one day I wil eventually read for perspective sake.

The advice everyone gives has to be more than a grain of salt or else no one will be posting there issues here.
 
Top