"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

What now?

mecca411

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
I've tried to get in touch with the girl I got a number from 3 weeks ago and didn't call because too much time had passed, but ended up running into her sister last Saturday night who told me to call. Hope that made sense.

Anyhow, I wanted to call this girl this past Weds to make plans for Friday, but I only got her machine. I didn't want to leave a message so I tried again on Thurs with no luck. What now? Do I still call her tonight? If I do, when do I make plans for? I don't want to make them for Saturday night, next week is too far away and tonight is too short of notice. Also, if I get her machine, should I leave a message this time? How do I approach this situation? Please enlighten me.

M.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
don't call 3 days in a row.
 

MadTyteYo!

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
NoMD
call her on sunday night to make plans during the week.
 

Axe

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Call her tonight, using *67 (or whatever it is for your area to be an annonymous call, so you don't show up on her caller ID if she isn't home). If she picks up, tell her you're about to go to the mall, get coffee, or some other type of thing like that and ask if wants to come along. I've always liked doing that much better then setting up plans, you can't cancel or rethink a date when you're on your way as soon as they say yes.
 
Top