What not to buy!

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I'm starting my training this week and also my diet.
I'm wanting to start a high protein diet. I went food shopping today.
Just wondering when i look on the ingedient contents what to look for. Meaning what i shouldn't get?

Cheers,

Duff

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
36 views and no replies?? comon!!!!!!!!!!!! "bump" is that the right term?

FitnessGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Avoid anything with excessive trans fats like certain frozen foods, spreads like margarine, certain chips and crackers, etc.

B.A.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FitnessGuy
Avoid anything with excessive trans fats like certain frozen foods, spreads like margarine, certain chips and crackers, etc.
Absolutely. Avoid any products containing processed "trans fat" hydrogenated fats/ oils. Number 1 culprits are margarine and cooking foods using cheap vegetable oils. Avoid packaged/ sealed/ tinned convenience (microwave etc) foods aswell.

If you wish to take good nutrition a step further, when shopping for food, make sure the product revolves around the themes of "natural" and "unrefined/ unprocessed". Avoid foods containing (high) amounts of: Colourings, artificial sweeteners/ flavourings, preservatives, E numbers, etc.

- B.A.

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what i always get at the store:

Those packs of frozen vegatables, like the Lo Mein, or Chow mein combination. ZERO FAT!!! (ok, one of them has about 1.5 grams fat...)
Then, you take chicken breast (go ahead and get the cheaper, frozen kind, it doesn't take as good, but you are going to cut it up anyways) and put a breast's worth of chicken in the stir fry. Literally takes 7 minutes to make, and its a good amount of protein, and no fat.

My house smells like a chinese restaurant, cause i stir fry so much.

Cottage cheese (lowfat) is great. Want to make it REALLY taste good? Buy some yogurt and put some of that in it. Yogurt is low fat and high protein too.

Protein bars are pretty essential, cause they taste good and easy to pack to work.

I've gotten some cans of turkey chili, and thats only about 3.5 grams fat, but lots o' protein.

Oh yeah, and tuna fish. Goddamn, 32 grams of protein per container for about 45 cents. (dont add lots of fattening mayonnaise though...)

So, those are the things i usually buy. It's a boring diet, but oh well.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I second tuna and chicken breasts. Eggs are good as well.

Check diesel's guide to bulking. search for it, a lot of good stuff in there.

remember to train hard to gain mass.

im ****ing sore 24/7 ;)