"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

what motivates you?

Xandaman

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Canada
I tend to look back on my life 2-3 years ago in highschool as being the 'good ol' days'. not because I was happier, but because it was the most motivated I have ever been in my life, I didnt spend a single moment of my time doing something useless such as watching TV, talking too long on msn, or oversleeping. My spare time was the gym and volleyball practice.

Now, I am spending about 50% of my time doing useless things, and although it hasnt shown yet at all, Im afraid Im going to get out of shape, do not so great in school, and maybe more...

The thing is I am happier with my life now, I have plenty of girls that want me, and Im acually happy with my physique looks and personality. I want more, but deep down inside I am content with what I have, which is the wall that stops me from achieving to my full extent. Ive been looking for motivation to be like I used to be (competition with friends, girls, make my parents happy, myself, cutting myself out of my social life, quitting drninking) but none of this seems to be working. Finals are coming up and I want to put 100% effort into them, but every time I try to study I dont care at all about what im learning, and then drift off to sleep or go eat etc.
what motivates you? Does anybody else find themselves wanting more but have a complete lack of passion for doing it? I used to be the most motivated person I know, and if I have to be unhappy with my life to be motivated... then bring it on! I just cant MAKE myself unhappy tho.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Xandaman
I tend to look back on my life 2-3 years ago in highschool as being the 'good ol' days'. not because I was happier, but because it was the most motivated I have ever been in my life, I didnt spend a single moment of my time doing something useless such as watching TV, talking too long on msn, or oversleeping. My spare time was the gym and volleyball practice.

Now, I am spending about 50% of my time doing useless things, and although it hasnt shown yet at all, Im afraid Im going to get out of shape, do not so great in school, and maybe more...

The thing is I am happier with my life now, I have plenty of girls that want me, and Im acually happy with my physique looks and personality. I want more, but deep down inside I am content with what I have, which is the wall that stops me from achieving to my full extent. Ive been looking for motivation to be like I used to be (competition with friends, girls, make my parents happy, myself, cutting myself out of my social life, quitting drninking) but none of this seems to be working. Finals are coming up and I want to put 100% effort into them, but every time I try to study I dont care at all about what im learning, and then drift off to sleep or go eat etc.
what motivates you? Does anybody else find themselves wanting more but have a complete lack of passion for doing it? I used to be the most motivated person I know, and if I have to be unhappy with my life to be motivated... then bring it on! I just cant MAKE myself unhappy tho.
get to know a few pessimists and be like them, youll find all kinds of flaws that wil motivate u.
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
What motivates me?

Seeing myself as "superior" to the person standing next to me i guess, in some kind of narccisistic egotistical and in the end, self destructing way.
 

Xandaman

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Canada
hmmm, be a pessimist? interesting. I have a very close friend who is nothing but pessimistic and it doesnt seem to help her at all. Somehow that still makes alot of sense though and a good idea. as for act superior... I do that alot and its probably one of the best things going for me in the ways of motivation, I basically see that as competition tho.
 

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
what are your passions?

well convince yourself you are worthy of them..live with them or for them or for getting them.

set goals.

thats all the motivation u need!
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Xandaman
hmmm, be a pessimist? interesting. I have a very close friend who is nothing but pessimistic and it doesnt seem to help her at all. Somehow that still makes alot of sense though and a good idea. as for act superior... I do that alot and its probably one of the best things going for me in the ways of motivation, I basically see that as competition tho.
ah i usually make cloudy posts,
my idea was, hang around with pessimists, but be an optimist, that way they can show u how u got lots of problems to fix, and u can fix them.
makes more sense? :confused:
 

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
278
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, OH
I'm motivated by my quarter-life crisis and knowledge of the fact that what I do during these crucial years builds the foundation on which the rest of my life will stand -- good or bad.
 

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
Good music motivates me....download Tool - Push it(live)......HUGE motivater in my life, I listen to that song 5 times a day even thought it's 14 minutes long, a beautiful piece

A**holes, fake people, posers, self-depricating individuals, passive-aggressives, followers all motivate me more than they could ever know....much thanks to all of you

My mother motivates me in that i want her to be happy from the problems she's had to deal with

last but not least, every girl thats taken a piece of my heart
 

HornetAce

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Age
41
What the hell? Life is good and because of that you're unmotivated? That's the strangest thing I've ever heard. Maybe if you think about how if you don't keep yourself motivated, life will suck.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top