Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What motivates you?

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been in the male entertainment industry for over 3 years now, and am starting to think about calling it quits... the financial need just isn't there any more. The problem is I still really enjoy it, and I know I could still dance for another several years.

Being a male entertainer means you're expected to be in shape all the time... Dancing gives me great motivation to stay active and progress physically. I HATE showing up to a stagette and not having a lot of confidence with my body and appearance. I know that when I'm dancing less I let myself slide a lot more than when I have lots of shows lined up.

I'm kind of worried that when I finish dancing I won't have the same kind of motivation to stay in shape, at least not at the level that I'm at right now. I've thought about getting into competitive athletics after I finish my career, but have no idea what to pursue. I've thought about using long term goals for motivation (ei: 1200 lb ttl on big 3 before I turn 30), but not sure how that'll work.

What keeps you guys motivated to train and progress physically?

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Women
-Bragging writes
-Impressing others
-Confidence
-Women
-Internal Satisfaction
-Thrill of a challenge
-Women
-Looks
-Competition
-Opportunities based on how you look
-Being treated differently (social advantages)
-Respect

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you've got to think about the long term benefits. I want to still be healthy and active at 70,I still want to be acting 35 and such. Just think about it,do you want to be a flimsy 50 year old chasing your children around and your back goes out? Besides people who work out and eat healthy live longer.

Besides that...I love knowing I'm in better shape then anyone within 5 years of me. I LOVE knowing that I can take my shirt off at any time and not care or feel uncomfortable. I love the hooting and hollering from chicks anytime I'm shirtless. <----shallow yes I know

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well for me it's achieving new levels of strength. The girl thing is nice, but honestly I'm over that. They get over it too.

It's almost like I'm never satisfied completely. I remember when I first started lifting I wanted to be able to bench 225 for reps. I'd be happy with that. 5 months later I was benching 225 for reps. Then came 315 for reps. I thought if I can bench 315 for reps I'll have hit a milestone that not many guys have. Now that benchmark has passed, and I'm approaching a 400 bench. Then who knows...never underestimate you potential.

If someone told me 7 years ago I'd be at the level I am today, I would have laughed at them. I weighed 160 lbs soaking wet. But it's relative, because now I look at myself and I don't really consider myself that strong...just a guy who lifts weights.

I've learned that with physical training you have to have new challenges and you have to see measurable progress, or you will get bored and lose your passion. I don't wanna go to the gym to "maintain", fvck that. When I reach my limit of strength and size I'll get really shredded. Or I'll take up a new sport, something. Always be turning over new leaves.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you could always become a personal trainer.

That way the motivation will always be there to be in shape as you'll have to be for your clients to take you seriously. :yes:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Compete at something.

Co-ed slow pitch softball is brutal. I couldn't hack it, and ended up getting hurt. I am going to stick with mma; softball scares me now.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Well you could always become a personal trainer.

That way the motivation will always be there to be in shape as you'll have to be for your clients to take you seriously. :yes:
I'm seriously considering this, but it would mean taking a fairly substantial (ei: like half!) pay cut compared to my normal job.

Bible belt how do you like MMA? Your conditioning must be phenomenal. I might think about MMA in the future just to change things up and work on my conditioning and flexibility.

Regarding the dancing... I just gave up a gig for this weekend which would involve me "working" at a birthday party for a female stripper... I believe the one that is putting it on has won Ms. Nude Canada...I really want to do it but elected to go camping with my gf instead. I think that officially makes me the best boyfriend in the world! I'm sure you guys can see how its friggin tough leave this job.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I'm seriously considering this, but it would mean taking a fairly substantial (ei: like half!) pay cut compared to my normal job."

Well if you're financially secure already the question comes down to what will ultimately bring you a greater personal reward?

1. Literally saving peoples lives helping them prevent cardiac arrest, cancer, and a whole host of other nasty health issues as well make them look and feel better?

Or

2. Putting some extra cash in your pocket?

And in this bad economy I can't knock you if you choose the second option but if you've seen some of Karma's recent threads you find out sometimes a man can only live his most fulfilling life possible if he does something that doesn't net great material reward.

The choice ultimately is yours but the first option is just so damned positive I thought I had to make another post and put a bit of an exclamation point on it for ya. Plus it helps you meet your own personal health goals. Total win win. :yes:

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kontroller... I'm far from financially secure! I just bought a 425k house so I have a lot of liabilities! I also plan on going back to school in the next 5-6 years. I actually work in critical care so I do things that directly prevent really really sick people from dying.

I've been a trainer in the past and it was definitely rewarding. I just didn't like having to push for additional sales, etc, and that gym was really big on that.

It was definitely nice to see the positive changes you make in people's bodies and lives though. I think preventative care is one of the most important healthcare strategies. As I always say...if everyone took care of themselves and people didn't do stupid stuff, I'd be unemployed!

I do like your point on it being a win-win situation as far as being in a job that would directly motivate me to stay in shape, as well as make a positive change in people's lives!

Solon

Don Juan
Reaction score
To put it simply. The unknown.

You never know when life is going to thrust you into a situation that is incredibly challenging. That challenge may be strength based, speed based, endurance based, or mentality based. However, attaining and keeping a healthy body build's discipline in all those area's. The discipline, determination, strength, speed, and endurance I've gained from being healthy has done a lot for me in my years, and helped me through some tough situations.

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Solon said:
To put it simply. The unknown.

You never know when life is going to thrust you into a situation that is incredibly challenging. That challenge may be strength based, speed based, endurance based, or mentality based. However, attaining and keeping a healthy body build's discipline in all those area's. The discipline, determination, strength, speed, and endurance I've gained from being healthy has done a lot for me in my years, and helped me through some tough situations.
Exactly!

The way you lift,and you dedication to the gym and eating says more about a person then just they are strong or look good. If you can pour your heart out every set and be in there for 1-2 hours a day and put the time in the kitchen on top of that....you can essentially do whatever you put your mind to.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
I've been a trainer in the past and it was definitely rewarding. I just didn't like having to push for additional sales, etc, and that gym was really big on that.
Yeah the problem with commercial personal training is that you are always competing for sales, sometimes with guys who got a jerk-off cert online for $100 bucks. It kind of takes away from the coaching aspect of it.

BUT, depending on where you work, you can potentially make good $$, esp if you look the part. I'm not a trainer myself, but I've considered it. Another downside is that PT is somewhat economy-dependent...so the income can fluctuate.