Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What maturity taught that youth didn't

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
I personally love to stimulate my mind, and evolve every chance I get, so I observe life and its lesson. Since this is the mature room, what are some things that you think you have learned in your olders years that you just didnt know as a youth or ways in which you have changed the way you think.

things I've learned

When I was younger, I didnt hold my tongue, but have learned that in life for your own benefit you have to hold your tongue and use wisdom. I can "yes sir, no sir Mr officer" with the best of them.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a much better judge of character now in ways I could never understand in my youth. I can 'read' people now and get an accurate enough estimation of them from their behaviors, words and appearance. That may sound like I'm sterotyping, but is more like making estimations of predictability and I'm much more accurate now and adjust my approach to them accordingly.

In my youth I would never dream of being presumptuous with people since I believed in the myth of not wanting to be 'shallow', but I know that's all horsesh!t now. I got screwed over (and screwed myself over) enough times in work, personal relations and with women to learn from the experience that it's OK to go with your impression of someone. It doesn't make you shallow, it makes you prudent and a better judge of character.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
older women.........

Well,

I have found out, as I have grown older, that:

1....99% of all women are materialistic. ie. they will make payments on a Lexus instead of paying cash for a smaller auto.

2....99% of all women 'drown in a glass of water'. ie. You buy a green shirt, but, you should have bought the blue one. You buy a blue car, but, you should have bought the green one.

3....99% of all women are looking for the 'perfect' man----(he ain't out there)

cave dweller

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I am a much better judge of character now in ways I could never understand in my youth. I can 'read' people now and get an accurate enough estimation of them from their behaviors, words and appearance. That may sound like I'm sterotyping, but is more like making estimations of predictability and I'm much more accurate now and adjust my approach to them accordingly.

In my youth I would never dream of being presumptuous with people since I believed in the myth of not wanting to be 'shallow', but I know that's all horsesh!t now. I got screwed over (and screwed myself over) enough times in work, personal relations and with women to learn from the experience that it's OK to go with your impression of someone. It doesn't make you shallow, it makes you prudent and a better judge of character.
I can agree with this one also. As I get older I also have learned to go with my gut as the saying goes. Ignoring that first voice has gotten me in trouble a lot as a youth, so I have learned to listen to it.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The truth of the matter is, older guys have already made the stupid mistakes (and hopefully learned from them) the younger ones haven't had time to get around to yet!

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,

I haven't posted here until lately. But I'd like to take a crack at it.

When I was young, I failed to see where taking short cuts could possibly lead you. School, relationships, and myself. The end justified the mean. In everything it seemed.

When I matured, by not taking short cuts I realize you only get out off something what you put in. Trying harder. Not running from responsibility & accountability like so many my age of 31 and older, but knuckling up and turning to face it....

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BUMP

Royal Elite

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo
Guys,

I haven't posted here until lately. But I'd like to take a crack at it.

When I was young, I failed to see where taking short cuts could possibly lead you. School, relationships, and myself. The end justified the mean. In everything it seemed.

When I matured, by not taking short cuts I realize you only get out off something what you put in. Trying harder. Not running from responsibility & accountability like so many my age of 31 and older, but knuckling up and turning to face it....
I felt this post in my soul. Good life lesson!

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1.that you sometimes have tocheat your way through sertain things or you get left behinde, only the fittest survive. being a scared goody 2 shoe's cost me somethings eg(school,girls, people and work in general) time waits for no one.

2. that not all women like confident guys.

3.sex wasnt all its hyped up to be.

4.dont put any fate on a human.

6.not to care what other people thought of me, guys have called me gay because their girl wanted me,i realised that the socalled tough jocks are the most insecure.

5. dont be nice with everybody except those you show u kindness 1st.

6. never pay attenshion to what a woman says, because they dont know what they want and will never know, listening to them will only mislead you.

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"1.that you sometimes have to cheat your way through sertain things..."

Uhm----OK, but I thought the question was about "maturity", which usually entails something called "ethics"!!