Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What kinda shoes do you guys wear?

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
I've tried dressing up and wearing the fancy Italian type shoes because obviously girls think a guy looks better when he's dressed up...

But I guess I don't care enough because I quickly lose interest and go back to old Nikes that I've had for 3 years.

Am I dressing for them? Or for myself? Cause I could truly give a fvck less what my shoes look like.

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried dressing up and wearing the fancy Italian type shoes because obviously girls think a guy looks better when he's dressed up...

But I guess I don't care enough because I quickly lose interest and go back to old Nikes that I've had for 3 years.

Am I dressing for them? Or for myself? Cause I could truly give a fvck less what my shoes look like.
Depends on the girl.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never understood the windows in the soles... Unless they light up, what's the point? Which if they do, you have another set of problems haha...

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the situation.
Most commonly, with jeans and polo... it's brown leather sneakers/tennis shoes... or if I'm a little more casual I'll wear Berghaus 'approach' shoes (lightweight hiking shoes that resemble trainers) - I do love my old Berghaus Cuesta Belugas - so comfortable.

If I'm dressed more formal (button down etc..) - Black Oxford brogue type cap shoes, or brown zip-up boots.
In the summer with shorts - canvas deck shoes, or maybe tennis shoes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you guys think Nike Air Max is appropriate for a guy in his 40s or is that more of a younger man's shoe?

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys think Nike Air Max is appropriate for a guy in his 40s or is that more of a younger man's shoe?
Depends on the rest of the ensemble. But it sure can be.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This.
Really, the only casual shoe to be worn with blue jeans is a classic white (or other color) sneaker.

Guys who wear running shoes with blue jeans are not to be taken seriously.

Can't go wrong with a pair of these and some jeans:

View attachment 5736
Cole Haan and Ecco have a few nice ones

AussieEducator76

Reaction score
If it's just something purely casual, like running some errands on a Saturday, I'll wear Adidas Stan Smith's. Pretty comfortable and not expensive. Look good with either blue or black jeans.

However, if I'm meeting someone for coffee or a drink, I'll usually wear a pair of my Colorado boots. They are quite comfortable, fit well and look nice with either jeans or Chinos. They are also what I mostly wear to work, since I'm constantly on my feet.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on if you want the athletic, fit look or the classy gentleman look. I can rock both so I have sneakers and also nice dress shoes that I wear to social gatherings and etc,

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A pair of Aasics if I'm running. McRae USMC hot weather boots or L.A. Police Gear over-the-ankle (midsized) hikers if I'm rucking or hiking. A $200 pair of coyote brown Danner's when I was in uniform everyday---what an awesome brand. Wolverine wellington work boots or Tommy Hilfiger flats if I'm looking to go casual.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red wing blacksmiths copper rough & tough - u can go to busy places and walk around in broken glass without a worry. And they look dope and last years. Gonna have em resoled soon with the vibram though.
20210523_192628.jpg

Jordan Horizon Low in Black

Clarks Wallabee in black

Soon gonna get some Jordan 6 Carmine's to bring some color into the rotation. Screenshot_20210523-191321_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: B80