Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What I've learned and my HS experience

dj_jazzybrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I just started my senior year, and man does time fly. I just thought I'd give you guys a bit of my background and let you know how much you've helped.

Pre-High school: Total AFC, had crushes on girls, etc. What else did you expect? I was funny, but in a mature way that girls didn't go for. I was super smart, but then just stopped giving a fvck.

Freshman: More of the same. Stayed in my close-knit circle of friends, some of them included satellite populars. Met my best bud, Brandon, a true DJ whom I look up to. He was a sophomore.

Sophomore: Still more of the same. Never willing to branch out, stayed the nice guy, and got hurt bad by a girl whom I completely overextended myself to. I was reeling over this for months, it was bad.

Junior year: Began to realize that caring about girls wasn't doing me any good. I started being myself, saying whatever I wanted, doing what I wanted, and flirting. It helped, but still didn't notice much of a change in my social circle or the girls I associated with. I never could close, ever. Brandon introduced me to this forum. I lurked for a while, but I didn't really start taking what I learned into effect until the summer.

Summer of junior/into Senior year: I was sitting in my room, in the summer, on myspace. I Realized I wanted... no, I NEEDED change. I realized that some of the best years of my life had passed me by, my life had become a blur through the daily routine of things, and I didn't get the results I had wanted. I have one more year to make this the best year I've ever had, and I wanted it more than anything. I cut the old ties with all the girls I knew (except for my good friends) and used to like, they didn't matter to me anymore. Summer, I partied, went to the river, made a bunch of new friends. I was so involved in doing stuff, I had still kinda put girls into the back of my mind. I had made friends, but was still a virgin. I began to read this forum a lot more, and by the time the first day of school rolled around, I knew enough to get hwere I wanted with the ladyfolk; I just had to practice. First day of school, I was super afraid to break out of my comfort zone. I got home and I was pissed at myself. I told myself over and over not to put girls on a pedastool, and it worked. Next day, I went to class and said hi to anyone and every one I wanted to; the ok-looking girls, the popular dudes, the AFC froshes/sophomores, and of course the HBs. I began to grow a big social circle. I'd walk down the hallways and people would be saying hi to me left and right, it felt good. My ex's noticed it. One of the girls whom I used to like noticed it, and she came back and flirted hardcore. I never regretted walking away from her or anyone else, and I think its the ability to walk away from those who didnt respect me that was one of the best things that I learned.

But what did I learn? I learned that being a DJ isn't all about attracting women and getting laid, at all. It's about being confident in yourself. It's about getting involved with other people, and being comfortable with yourself. It's about wanting and needing positive change, and getting it. To sum it up, it's about self improvement, whether that self improvement is having lots of friends, dating hb's, working out, or just being confident. While my story may not be as dramatic as others, I can finally say I'm happy with myself. And that's all I ever wanted, and all I'll ever need.

FirstInstinct

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus... I'm in the exact same position you were at in your Junior year...

.. and ****, this post really kinda slapped me in the face. I been going through a rough patch and this is just what I needed to get me going.. it's like the answers have been infront of my face the whole time - you just told me to actually put the advice here into motion now and make a ****in' difference.

Thanks.

dj_jazzybrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad. I know that what I needed most was a reality check; for me, it was the girl I couldn't get over, and realizing that I was almost done with the best years of my life that I'll never have back. It was real depressing at first, but then I got in the opposite mindset that I can't change it, so I might as well make the best of it. Best of luck:cool:

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like me, but I'm a year behind. I realized I was doing it wrong about a year ago. (I'm Junior Now) And stuffs improved, I stopped worrying about this one girl who really isn't that hot at all, who i really liked, and I flirt with every girl I see now, and I almost got a GF I think soon. Its all good.

suaveplayer

Don Juan
Reaction score
dj_jazzybrad said:
But what did I learn? I learned that being a DJ isn't all about attracting women and getting laid, at all. It's about being confident in yourself. It's about getting involved with other people, and being comfortable with yourself. It's about wanting and needing positive change, and getting it. To sum it up, it's about self improvement, whether that self improvement is having lots of friends, dating hb's, working out, or just being confident. While my story may not be as dramatic as others, I can finally say I'm happy with myself. And that's all I ever wanted, and all I'll ever need.
beautiful. thx for giving me a kick in the rear

AlexParadox

Don Juan
Reaction score
dj_jazzybrad said:
Congrats on seeing the light bro! :rockon:
i hope it goes up and up from here for you

dj_jazzybrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys :rockon:

Just got back from a (non-drinking) party with 2 phone numbers and man does it feel good ;) my first for real number close. Things are movin up

dj_jazzybrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I did today:
Started boxing at a local club to get myself in shape apart from mountain bike racing.
Read and am currently following the procedure in the "Getting and staying on track" thread by Sammo
Took the final steps finish my Eagle Scout project
Did all my homework :up:

It was a lot of work, but I feel good now. I think I'll keep it up ;)
If I can do this, anyone here can do this. I used to be super, super lazy. Not anymore.

rkc09

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's great to finally hear a success story on here instead of "how can I get this girl to like me" threads. Sounds just like me. I'm also a senior and I've also have change my ways. Until you let go of that need to get girls you'll never succeed. This coming for me, DJ who had that need to get girls until a few months back until I decided to let go of the need to have a girl. Just be happy with who you are and enjoy life. Seriously.

But understand that some of you guys need to change your mindsets. Highschool is fun in all, don't get me wrong but don't say "highschool is the best years of you life". To me thats saying that life goes downhill after highschool. Thats not true at all. College is gonna be 10x better than HS. Understand that HS is preparing for what the real world has to offer. Trust me that if you look forward to life after HS and have that mindset that life gets better and better with time and it will make you enjoy college and life after college a lot more.

Highschool is not the best years of your life. Its preparing you for the best years of your life.

dj_jazzybrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
So today i made out for the first time. Dont laugh, it was a big achievement for me. I know there are some guys on here like me so I'm gonna give you a few pointers for your first time making out or kissing or whatever else it may lead to:

1. DONT DENY YOUR GUT FEELING. If you think she wants it, go for it. She pulls away, stop. I messed up on my first and previous date with this girl, she wanted it (gave me a hug before we left, ran her fingers through my hair while being like an inch from my face. im an idiot). On the second date, we're lying down and I said something, i forget what, and went for it. We made out for a while, it was pretty neat.

2. Dont worry about not being good at it. You catch on very quickly. The learning curve is like 5 seconds, no biggie.

3. Dont make her be on top or be on top all the time.

4. idk im still kinda excited now cuz it was cool.

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's relieving for me to see that people know that ultimately DJing is about self-actualization, being the absolute best person ever. I'm happy for you DJ Jazz that you're pretty motivated to kick it off your senior year.

I've been on the forums since the day I transitioned into high school from middle school, but I didn't get girls or any of that. I simply was too focused on going to an elite college so I racked up on too many APs/honors and I paid for it by having tired sh*tty days. So I was never able to self-improve significantly except for becoming more extraverted, easy-going, and carefree.

I'm at a good college now and I'm actually applying the stuff, but I know the list I want to complete will take all 4 years, but no worries. I'm very close to getting a 4.0, pursuing my passions, breaking more out of the comfort zone. Anyway, I want to throw out some advice to you.

What you're doing now is awesome so be sure to self-improve all that can before college because that's when the girls and social life get really fun. That way you can jumpstart your freshman year. It's great you're achieving so much already even though its your senior year. So hope you're not thinking that you're late with this self-realization. Cheers to real DJing :up:

Pdizzzzzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
dj_jazzybrad said:
Well, I just started my senior year, and man does time fly. I just thought I'd give you guys a bit of my background and let you know how much you've helped.

Pre-High school: Total AFC, had crushes on girls, etc. What else did you expect? I was funny, but in a mature way that girls didn't go for. I was super smart, but then just stopped giving a fvck.

Freshman: More of the same. Stayed in my close-knit circle of friends, some of them included satellite populars. Met my best bud, Brandon, a true DJ whom I look up to. He was a sophomore.

Sophomore: Still more of the same. Never willing to branch out, stayed the nice guy, and got hurt bad by a girl whom I completely overextended myself to. I was reeling over this for months, it was bad.

Junior year: Began to realize that caring about girls wasn't doing me any good. I started being myself, saying whatever I wanted, doing what I wanted, and flirting. It helped, but still didn't notice much of a change in my social circle or the girls I associated with. I never could close, ever. Brandon introduced me to this forum. I lurked for a while, but I didn't really start taking what I learned into effect until the summer.

Summer of junior/into Senior year: I was sitting in my room, in the summer, on myspace. I Realized I wanted... no, I NEEDED change. I realized that some of the best years of my life had passed me by, my life had become a blur through the daily routine of things, and I didn't get the results I had wanted. I have one more year to make this the best year I've ever had, and I wanted it more than anything. I cut the old ties with all the girls I knew (except for my good friends) and used to like, they didn't matter to me anymore. Summer, I partied, went to the river, made a bunch of new friends. I was so involved in doing stuff, I had still kinda put girls into the back of my mind. I had made friends, but was still a virgin. I began to read this forum a lot more, and by the time the first day of school rolled around, I knew enough to get hwere I wanted with the ladyfolk; I just had to practice. First day of school, I was super afraid to break out of my comfort zone. I got home and I was pissed at myself. I told myself over and over not to put girls on a pedastool, and it worked. Next day, I went to class and said hi to anyone and every one I wanted to; the ok-looking girls, the popular dudes, the AFC froshes/sophomores, and of course the HBs. I began to grow a big social circle. I'd walk down the hallways and people would be saying hi to me left and right, it felt good. My ex's noticed it. One of the girls whom I used to like noticed it, and she came back and flirted hardcore. I never regretted walking away from her or anyone else, and I think its the ability to walk away from those who didnt respect me that was one of the best things that I learned.

amen, my brother. amen.amen.amen.:yes:

Conquer

Banned
Reaction score
damn man this post was inspirational. Happy for you, good to see a former AFC getting in the game.