Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is your vertical leap?

mikel

Don Juan
Reaction score

If it was 35' you could do alot more than slam it with 2 hands. I went to a College Combine for football, and they had a thing where you smack the hinged markers around jumping off 2 feet. They would subtract that from your reach. And get your vertical. Mine was 34 inchs, I'm 6-4' and can pull off almost any dunk except inbetween the legs.

Almost anyone with average sized arms over 6 foot can dunk with a 28 inch vertical.

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'10ish. I don't know my vertical but i can jump up on stuff 5' high. Probably more. Thats not much, but I'm a little chubby at the moment with a big butt and a stomach.

runna4

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'7" and at the end of off season in may, I was at 31.5 inches. Can't touch rim though. Need some friggen height

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My average Vert is about 8 inches. Just the amount needed to keep my pecker from draggin on the ground ;)

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good one Kwah - Lots Of Laughter

I can get rim most of the time, if I'm not fatigued or tired.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: .

Originally posted by mikel
If it was 35' you could do alot more than slam it with 2 hands. I went to a College Combine for football, and they had a thing where you smack the hinged markers around jumping off 2 feet. They would subtract that from your reach. And get your vertical. Mine was 34 inchs, I'm 6-4' and can pull off almost any dunk except inbetween the legs.

Almost anyone with average sized arms over 6 foot can dunk with a 28 inch vertical.
I think you are mistaken, dawg. Do the math...my standing reach is 8'1". To dunk cleanly you need to be at least 8" over the rim and about 10" for two-handed dunks. I can throw down reverses and some other rotation ****, but not 360. If you don't believe you have to be at least 8" over the rim to dunk, go to the gym and throw down a bunch of hard one-handed tomahawks in succession, then look at the red rim mark on your forearm and measure. It will be at least 8" from your fingertips.

So, I can do two-handed dunks cleanly and do some OK dunks with it, so I figure I'm at least getting up to 10'11", which is 35" more than 8'1". That is how you calculate vertical leap, my friend. If a 6'0" dude is jumping 28", then his reach would need to be 8'4", which is highly unlikely.

LaZaRuS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'3 and my vertical is 20 inches....What can I say? - I'm white. lol :D

mikel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong man, When I was a sophmore and played on the basketball team. I was around 6'2 and had recorded my vert at around 28 and a half inchs and I could dunk it easily even in games. All you have to do to "dunk" it is get about half your hand or just your fingers over the rim thats how Shaq slams and you dont have to have huge palming hands to do it. Because if you notice when you slam it's just the fingers that connect with the rim instead of slamming your wrist up on it. A two handed dunk doesn't take much more than single handed dunk. Dominique Wilkins and Jordan only had around a 39-40 inch verticals. Hell Lebron only has a 38 inch vert and his head is soreing above the rim. Of course he is around 6'7.

They have a machine that calculates how high you can jump. Its a little poll with notchs you smack around all being half an inch apart.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mikel
Wrong man, When I was a sophmore and played on the basketball team. I was around 6'2 and had recorded my vert at around 28 and a half inchs and I could dunk it easily even in games. All you have to do to "dunk" it is get about half your hand or just your fingers over the rim thats how Shaq slams and you dont have to have huge palming hands to do it. Because if you notice when you slam it's just the fingers that connect with the rim instead of slamming your wrist up on it. A two handed dunk doesn't take much more than single handed dunk. Dominique Wilkins and Jordan only had around a 39-40 inch verticals. Hell Lebron only has a 38 inch vert and his head is soreing above the rim. Of course he is around 6'7.

They have a machine that calculates how high you can jump. Its a little poll with notchs you smack around all being half an inch apart.
I still think you're wrong man. You can't get a good, clean dunk if only half your hand is above the rim. You certaintly wouldn't be trying dunks in games if that's all you got over the rim. Also, MJ and Nique had verts of 46" to 48" in their primes. I imagine Lebron is about 42". Take a look at the following:

http://www.redeyesports.com/Draft2001-Combine-WR.htm

This has some verts of NFL prospects from 2001. I'd be willing to be Chris Chambers can't jump higher than MJ could and his vert is 45". Almost all of those guys are 35"+.

If you only get half your hand above the rim, all you can do is maybe put the ball in the rim, you can't even jam it down hard. I'm pretty sure my vert is around 35".