Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is your job? What study did you follow?

Dedication

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Here i am in school. Not knowing what i want to become in my life, in 2 years i have to decide what i want to become. I'm currently having a strong appeal for sales, economical business, psycoligy. I wanted to become a programmer more so because of my gaming background untill i saw what it actually was and i knew it wasn't for me. While i am still in doubt i really don't want to have authority above me. Thats for sure :kick:

What are you currently doing / studying for? I would like to hear your choices in life and some tips if you feel you have some.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Four years ago, I graduated with a degree in Criminal Justice and have been working for state government doing welfare benefits. I plan on trying to get into a paralegal job and I also have plans on getting licensed as a private investigator in the very near future and opening my own business. It takes a lot of thinking and foresight.

Most people go through a mid-twenties life identity crisis, for after college there is a huge vaccuum of dissonance between what you want to do occupationally and your capability of doing it (degree but no experience), along with feeling lost questioning previously unquestioned life assumptions (i.e. "Am I really happy?"). It usually takes a long time to establish yourself in a career (and some may say sprititually) and if you are within the norm you will likely end up doing something totally different than what you intended. This is why, I think, there is the phrase "The 30's are the new 20's," for the 30's are when the ball of life really gets rolling.

Dedication

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are Deep Dish and i the only humen beings that work and study? Common shy people don't be afraid i won't bite you.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm studying, first i started medical science, then just switched to a double arts/science degree. Now i might just switch over to civil engineering or something. Honestly speaking I'm a mess. It's not for a lack of ability... i just don't know what i really want to do and if it'll make me happy.

Job satisfaction, economic security and a sense of fulfillment.. hard things to come by i guess.

brewbaron

Don Juan
Reaction score
graduated with a degree in communications/design. out of school I started doing graphic design, got tired of it, decided to pursue advertising instead. finished my advertising courses, got some gigs in advertising. learned its a soul sucking career path totally not worth the generous pay .. now looking to use my advertising experience for a job in marketing.

who knows where all this will go. but hopefully by the process of elimination I can find something I enjoy/can make a good living at by the time I'm 30.

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a BA in Philosophy and now I balance airplanes so they don't crash.

I'm definitely in that "I'm in my mid-twenties/post-college/trying to establish myself" phase.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently studying finance. Was a Poly Sci major, but wanted something more specific.

Darles Chickens

Don Juan
Reaction score
I´m currently studying for a BA in Furniture Design. I have to say that it´s one of the most fulfilling things i´ve ever done in my life. I love it.

I was working while studying but lost my job recently through the world´s current state of economic instability. I am, it´s sad to admit, a victim of the credit crunch! :box:

guywhoneedshelp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I studied TV Production in college and currently have a job in a television master control facility.

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dedication said:
Hello everybody,

Here i am in school. Not knowing what i want to become in my life, in 2 years i have to decide what i want to become. I'm currently having a strong appeal for sales, economical business, psycoligy. I wanted to become a programmer more so because of my gaming background untill i saw what it actually was and i knew it wasn't for me. While i am still in doubt i really don't want to have authority above me. Thats for sure :kick:

What are you currently doing / studying for? I would like to hear your choices in life and some tips if you feel you have some.
My life is all about golf. I'm currently on the golf course from dawn till sunset and go to a golf college. I absolutely love it!!!

Here are my plans for the near future:

- Become a professional golf long drive competitor
- Make it on the PGA tour
- build my own driving range and own it

//////

If I can give you a tip it's FOCUS ON YOUR STRENGTHS. Most people are only good at a few things. Just focus on the thing you are best at and let go of everything else that doesn't matter.

Also, set goals for yourself and by the end of the day honestly ask yourself "What did I do today to come closer to my goals and could I have done more?"

saber

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
didn't even go to highschool. Now my job is business management. Hoping to move into real estate or venture capitalism...maybee not in the u.s. though

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am an E.R. nurse and I love it. Couldn't imagine doing anything else right now, it's about as fulfilling as it gets. I worked as an EMT prior and got my Associates in nursing.

I've worked ALOT of jobs. From janitor, to construction, to waiter, to hotel clerk, to computer tech. Your job is USUALLY just a job. Most people I know just work a job to pay for what they really want to do. Interests, going out with friends, family, etc. However, if you have a passion for what you do and you make good money doing it consider yourself among the luckiest people out there. We spend almost a third of our week working and if you can enjoy those 40+ hours G-d bless you because life will be alot easier that way.

BTW, saber, I'm interested in just how you did that. I like to hear from self-made people and I am curious as to what was your path.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
redspicyflag said:
Man oh man

I gotta do this soon

:(
x2

I plan to go into either Engineering (architect/building) or Orthodontist.
Not really sure on either tho...

Aren't there some websites that give you suggestions on occupations based on what you like and your strengths?

I remember doing a little suvey a long time ago and the website gave me a whole list of occupations based on the information I gave them. Can't find the site anymore though :(
It was pretty good i must say, anybody know of any other good ones?

brewbaron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd recommend taking a myers briggs test. and then seeing what jobs your personality type is suited to >>

http://www.mypersonality.info/

noodle said:
x2

I plan to go into either Engineering (architect/building) or Orthodontist.
Not really sure on either tho...

Aren't there some websites that give you suggestions on occupations based on what you like and your strengths?

I remember doing a little suvey a long time ago and the website gave me a whole list of occupations based on the information I gave them. Can't find the site anymore though :(
It was pretty good i must say, anybody know of any other good ones?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
This is why, I think, there is the phrase "The 30's are the new 20's," for the 30's are when the ball of life really gets rolling.
This is the coolest thing about being a man :up:

I did one year in community college. Scored honors level on placement tests in everything but math. Did fairly well but saw myself going nowhere, So I bartended for several years, eventually getting involved in real estate rehab, rentals, and eventually business.

In the past I did custom car stereo installation work, window tinting, and vehicle graphics. I have produced and promoted an off-site show/sale for my retail business.

More recently I have been involved in new business concept development, retail store interior design, sales, business management, and marketing. I write the scripts for all of my t.v. commercials. I've even done some voiceover work.

I am currently going in an entirely different direction with a new business, producing a product line which I am working with a chemist to develop. I do all my own graphic design, I built my own website, and am in the process of scripting, shooting, and editing an informational video.

My experience in these fields has given me more valuable education than I could have gotten in a decade of college. If you get out there and do something and work toward some goals, you might fail over and over for decades but eventually your experience will lead you to the path you are destined to take.

redspicyflag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
This is the coolest thing about being a man :up:

I did one year in community college. Scored honors level on placement tests in everything but math. Did fairly well but saw myself going nowhere, So I bartended for several years, eventually getting involved in real estate rehab, rentals, and eventually business.

In the past I did custom car stereo installation work, window tinting, and vehicle graphics. I have produced and promoted an off-site show/sale for my retail business.

More recently I have been involved in new business concept development, retail store interior design, sales, business management, and marketing. I write the scripts for all of my t.v. commercials. I've even done some voiceover work.

I am currently going in an entirely different direction with a new business, producing a product line which I am working with a chemist to develop. I do all my own graphic design, I built my own website, and am in the process of scripting, shooting, and editing an informational video.

My experience in these fields has given me more valuable education than I could have gotten in a decade of college. If you get out there and do something and work toward some goals, you might fail over and over for decades but eventually your experience will lead you to the path you are destined to take.
Jeezus christ

:kick: