Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what is this "we don't have much in common" b.s.?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i recently had a girl break it off with me and her reasons were "i don't think we have much in common and i'm not interested in a relationship based on sex". huh? what do you mean "much in common"? like hobbies? i've dated plenty of girls that i didn't have alot in common with and it worked out fine. another thing is if i hear another girl say "i don't want a relationship based on sex" well what the hell else do you base it on? i asked you out because i found you attractive enough to want to sleep with, we began dating because you felt the same way apparently. sex is a bond that strengthens a relationship. ever hear a guy staing in a relationship because he's NOT getting sex? i sure haven't. what's wrong with me wanting to have sex with you everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times? i don't get this sh!t at all. i know these aren't the REAL excuses but you do hear them alot from women about why they broke up with a guy or decided to stop dating him.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was just a random b.s. from the modern girl list.
She just picked the "things in common one" instead of the "time for herself" or "she is too much into you so she wanna quit".
If you were just on the beginning it was just to reject you without the need to hurt your ego(she thinks she is still nice this way cause in her hamster powered brain she didn't rejected you,it just happened),just like when they say that you're not their type.

My money on that but maybe some mature user could get closer than me.

cavedweller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert,

"We don't have much in common." means she has lost interest in you..

You blew it Pal..

Move on...

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's not to get ?

She is telling you to get lost by inventing a 'soft' dump line.

Take the hint.
If you buy into some PUA BS that you can "game" her out of this and turn it around, you are gonna fail every time.
Women prefer to covertly send their rejection messages ( not picking up ,not returning texts, not being available, canceling dates twice or flaking )

If or when that does not work, and the guy still calls her, she will resort to more OVERT messages.

"We have nothing in common " is a classic rejection. She has made up her mind about you some time ago.

Real Talk

Don Juan
Reaction score
yup, standard rejection line. nothing to read into here, folks.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's right up there with classics like "I love you but I'm not in love with you" and just ripping a gigantic fart in front of you.

catman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
It's right up there with classics like "I love you but I'm not in love with you" and just ripping a gigantic fart in front of you.
This one is my favorites:D Mabye if more men started useing these classic lines we could head fvck them as well?? Last chic wanted to know why i didnt take her broke ass with me when i went out with my friends??? I told her cause you look like an old crankhore and i dont want to be seen in pubic with you?? Mabye the" i love you but aint in love with you" would have been better?? :cool:

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The irony of the situation is that if she REALLY were into you, she'd be spouting off about how "Opposites attract". So as you can see, it works either way.

I'm not sure I get the gist of the question though, since the title of the thread already states what the phrase is... B.S.

In fact, I think you are going about this wrong. I don't see why you are giving more weight to the fact she said that "You two don't have much in common" over the fact that she said "I don't want a relationship based on sex". That's the one I am curious about.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Translation: "I found someone more interesting/exciting than you."

or

"I found someone richer/more successful than you."

Take your pick.

wasted-nick

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's full of 5hit... Yep, her interest is gone. Perhaps it's something you did or did not do, but not necessarily. Women are fickle, emotion-driven creatures...

Try not to take it too seriously. A woman's whim changes like the direction of the wind.

Clark Kent

Don Juan
Reaction score
If girls are THIS straight forward and THIS unpredictable, un-needy these days and strut around doing and saying what ever,

WHY DO YOU GUYS BOTHER? ..This seems to be the complete persona of girls these days, we know that. So why are you guys trying to observe it as a new discovery?

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No contact and Move on. As for her sex comment, i think it usually means that something is/was amiss in the relationship.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to clear things up we weren't in a relationship, i would just call it dating. i never referred to her as my girlfriend. i didn't beg her for an explination or ask her to change her mind, but when she did say that i said "what do you mean" even though i know what she said wasn't the reason. she didn't give an explination really so i just said ok and left it at that. this was all done through text mind you.lol all i know what happened is she went on a 4 day vacation to Florida, came back, i said hey you wanna do something this weekend. then i got the whole "i've been thinking" speech. this is the same girl who addmited to banging several guys on the first date(me included), even went as far as saying she had no problem with sex on the first date. now she says she doesn't want a relationship based on sex? thats where i got confused because what else do you base it on when you did the nasty on the first date? we had enough in common to see each other multiple times, but she goes to Florida and has a premenition while sitting on the beach that "hey, Robert and i don't have sh!t in comon, let me break it off with him when i get home through a text".haha this is why i have a hard time respecting women anymore. they whine and moan that a guy dumps them over a text and you hear them b!tch and complain about it but they turn around and do the same thing? they don't want a relationship based on just sex but they let you bang them on the first date? they put alot of stock into this "having stuff in common" thing, but tomorrow theyll be dating a guy that rides a harley and she drives a VW bug. i mean really, it's time we start calling them out on this sh!t and make them come up with better excuses, or at least tell us the TRUTH of why they arent interested anymore. oh thats another thing, they all say guys lie....haha right.