Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what is skinny/thin/average/muscular...?

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hi everybody.
i'd like to know what is skinny, what is thin, what is average... in your opinion, for a 18-yr-old 5'9, with a bodyfat around 10%

i'd say:

skinny: under 135 lbs
slim: from 135 lbs to 145 lbs
average: from 145 lbs to 155 lbs
athletic: from 155 lbs to 170 lbs
muscular: from 170 lbs to 180 lbs
really muscular: from 180 to 190 lbs
huge: above 190 lbs

remember, we're talking about a 18-yr-old guy with low bodyfat, so don't say that 190 lbs is not huge... it's not really common to see some 5'9 over 190 lbs with such a low bodyfat

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinny: under 150 lbs
slim: from 150 lbs to 160 lbs
average: from 160 lbs to 170 lbs
athletic: from 170 lbs to 180 lbs
muscular: from 180 lbs to 190 lbs
really muscular: from 190 to 205 lbs
huge: above 205+ lbs

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think shape comes into it as well; if you're 140 with a belly and no definition, you're going to look twice as skinny as someone who's 140 with a nice v shaped back and carved arms.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
height....:p

C00L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what about bone structure, frame size, muscle density? everything comes into play.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
250 lbs +: ah, the promised land. the conquering heroes, rock granite monstrosities to the last, here live as kings, attended by scores of female fitness model concubines, are hand fed steak and whey ****tails, and spend their days eating, squatting, and telling tales of byegone battles with the logbook demons ..

230 - 250lbs: now that's what I'm talking about! you're massive and nearly there, you've come so far, keep slapping on those 2.5lb plates, keep forcing down the meat and rice, grind out those reps, come on, you're already a god amongst mortals .. just one final push for bodybuilding immortality. it'll hurt, you'll bleed, you'll nearly die .. but it'll be worth it once you're there.

200 - 230lbs: a prestigious level of varying degress of 'above average'. everyone knows you work out, you're damn impressive and probably one of the biggest guys in your gym, you're on 500g protein a day and people are asking if you're on steroids and can they train with you (this is when they'll ask, you get any bigger and they'll be too scared/in awe to talk to you)

180 - 200lbs: you're at the average muscular level, the one which is the hardest to break out of. you keep pushing on for that 200lb barrier, eating like a horse and making the logbook your ***** .. but beware, it's easy to get complacent here, you've probably worked your way up to this weight and kudos to you, but lemme tell you, you're still no bigger than the average naturally wellbuilt joe, THIS is when the work starts.. breaking past 200lbs is going to take a much bigger effort than getting to this level did.

160 - 180lbs: standard bbing.com overanalyser/beach boy territory. unless you're serious about your training you're doomed to stay here for eternity, since you're only eating egg whites and chicken breast for fear of losing your abs (and if they do fade, you go on a panic-cutting phase for six months), you want to hit the body from all angles and so your training includes cable crossovers, tricep kickbacks, concetration curls (I need a pump man!!) and you'll be gaining a massive 2lbs per year.. if that.

140 - 160lbs: okay, this is where you have to eat and eat hard, unless you want to stay in the 'skinny runt' category forever. damn, looking at you makes me hungry. someone get me a steak! your routine obviously sucks arse, so make a new one centred around the three big lifts and compound movements, rest and sleep well, eat everything in sight..

120 - 140lbs: as above, only with the addition of a prescribed seefood diet and "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, EAT SOMETHING! QUICKLY!"

120lbs and under: unless you do something drastic, the only use as a human being I can see for you is as an emergency food source.

AmazingTricks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex

160 - 180lbs: standard bbing.com overanalyser/beach boy territory. unless you're serious about your training you're doomed to stay here for eternity, since you're only eating egg whites and chicken breast for fear of losing your abs (and if they do fade, you go on a panic-cutting phase for six months), you want to hit the body from all angles and so your training includes cable crossovers, tricep kickbacks, concetration curls (I need a pump man!!) and you'll be gaining a massive 2lbs per year.. if that.
my cuz is in this range and he is prolly more cut and in shape looking than you will ever be. doesn't fit any of these molds/stereotypes/generilizations/faux facts. good work tho.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Family loyalty is commendable, but please don't take things seriously when they were intended as tongue-in-cheek.

If I was 160-180, I think I'd be ashamed to be cut .. :eek:

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
250 lbs +: ah, the promised land. the conquering heroes, rock granite monstrosities to the last, here live as kings, attended by scores of female fitness model concubines, are hand fed steak and whey ****tails, and spend their days eating, squatting, and telling tales of byegone battles with the logbook demons ..

230 - 250lbs: now that's what I'm talking about! you're massive and nearly there, you've come so far, keep slapping on those 2.5lb plates, keep forcing down the meat and rice, grind out those reps, come on, you're already a god amongst mortals .. just one final push for bodybuilding immortality. it'll hurt, you'll bleed, you'll nearly die .. but it'll be worth it once you're there.

200 - 230lbs: a prestigious level of varying degress of 'above average'. everyone knows you work out, you're damn impressive and probably one of the biggest guys in your gym, you're on 500g protein a day and people are asking if you're on steroids and can they train with you (this is when they'll ask, you get any bigger and they'll be too scared/in awe to talk to you)

180 - 200lbs: you're at the average muscular level, the one which is the hardest to break out of. you keep pushing on for that 200lb barrier, eating like a horse and making the logbook your ***** .. but beware, it's easy to get complacent here, you've probably worked your way up to this weight and kudos to you, but lemme tell you, you're still no bigger than the average naturally wellbuilt joe, THIS is when the work starts.. breaking past 200lbs is going to take a much bigger effort than getting to this level did.

140 - 160lbs: okay, this is where you have to eat and eat hard, unless you want to stay in the 'skinny runt' category forever. damn, looking at you makes me hungry. someone get me a steak! your routine obviously sucks arse, so make a new one centred around the three big lifts and compound movements, rest and sleep well, eat everything in sight..

120 - 140lbs: as above, only with the addition of a prescribed seefood diet and "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, EAT SOMETHING! QUICKLY!"

120lbs and under: unless you do something drastic, the only use as a human being I can see for you is as an emergency food source.

this is either from the point of view of a dedicate bodybuilder or not related to a 5'9 with 10% of bodyfat...

most 5'9s my age are at around 140-145 lbs, which you put into the really skinny category... obviously, i see bigger guys, but they usually are fat.
with my new standards, i'd say that this is the chart FOR A 5'9 GUY WITH 10% BODYFAT AT 18 YRS OLD:

<130 lbs: skinny
130 lbs to 145 lbs: thin
145 to 155 lbs: average
155 to 165 lbs: athletic
165 to 180 lbs: muscular
180 to 200 lbs: very muscular
>200 lbs: huge

again, remember that it's really unlikely that you see some 5'9 who weighs more than 180 lbs (with 10% bodyfat) at 18 yrs old

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are taking this way too seriously. Go and eat something.

I hope the lads get a chuckle out of it at least.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

LMAO

Outstanding.

You guys gotta stop taking stuff so seriously.

Warboss: I'm sure that with government funding, I could make my walk very silly indeed.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
warboss, that post was one of the best posts ever. perfectly completely true, and I loved every minute of it.

and... Jay-X, Warboss' post does apply to people 5'9" at 10% bodyfat... but probably covers an age range, not just 18. You're not gonna find an 18 year old at 250+ at that height and bodyfat, but you might find a dedicated one at 215 or 220+. I know high school football players like that.

In that case, yes warboss' post is for a little older, but not too much, it actually applies to men in general for 5'9" and 10% or so bodyfat.

And if you don't believe that, it's because you're too small, go eat more.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you guys still on about this?
height, meaning a guy 5'0 at 200 lbs naturally is a FREAK, and a guy 7'0 at 300lbs is skinny.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RaWBLooD
are you guys still on about this?
height, meaning a guy 5'0 at 200 lbs naturally is a FREAK, and a guy 7'0 at 300lbs is skinny.
if you had spent some time reading the post, you would have understood that we're talking about 5'9 people.

semag, obviously you will find SOME guys my age that weigh 215 lbs, at just 10% bodyfat. but since i've never seen anyone in my whole life, i'd consider them huge for these standards...

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will find a few 18 year old 5'9 210 pounders at the teen nationals bodybuilding competition. They aren't natural though. That's alot of muscle for somebody that is 5'9. It would take many years to build it naturally and it isn't possible for somebody at only 18 to be that size and natural. If you think it is you are living in a fantasy world.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'10 and 150lbs, and hell I don't even eat that much steak.

Does my life still have meaning, oh wise Warboss Alex of the bearded persuasion?

DoubleJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are taking this way too seriously. Go and eat something.

I hope the lads get a chuckle out of it at least.
haha i read the thread only to see your expected reply :D

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fatality
You will find a few 18 year old 5'9 210 pounders at the teen nationals bodybuilding competition. They aren't natural though. That's alot of muscle for somebody that is 5'9. It would take many years to build it naturally and it isn't possible for somebody at only 18 to be that size and natural. If you think it is you are living in a fantasy world.
that's why i think that everybody with those stats above 190-200 lbs is huge