"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

What is my #$%@ing problem!

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
Why can't I ask for that girl phone number?! Its &^$%ing stupid of me. I can see she have high interst in me, but I still haven't ask for her number. Everyday before class I say to myself that im going to ask for it but guess what, I chicken out. Last week in class I had great chance to ask for her number. We had a good convo and everything but I still didnt ask :(

What could I say that could led me into asking for her number? I had never ask a girl for her number before so this is uncharted waters to me. Im thinking that if I get this girl phone number, I'll be easy for me to get phone numbers in the future.

I read parts of the DJ bible, but Im guessing if someone tells me directly I'll get it.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

silviastreetman

New Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Age
42
yo man, you have class with her right? whos the better student you or her? depending on the answer, ask for help on some hw, or offer to her, you feel me? if she digs you she will glady give the digitz, then go from there. its not a big deal to be nervous about asking directly, i used to be like that. thats why the indirect method like the example i gave works wonders
 

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
355
Reaction score
2
Location
Boston, MA
BlackDragon, I like your name.

I think you need to do the DJ bootcamp with alot of us on the board on May 2nd. If you get through it, asking a girl out should be as easy as taking candy from a baby.
 

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
been doing the Dj boot camp

Im am able to hold eye contact and start convo with girls. Its get easier everyday. I just need to be able to close.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by silviastreetman
dj boot camp? whats that all about?
Sigh, not another one. Why dont you try reading the DJ BIBLE FOR A CHANGE!!!! If you did, you wouldnt ask dumb questions like, what is DJ bootcamp!! I swear, you new people come on the board ready to be a mack pimp player but you want to skip the basics and jump to the head of the class.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Hey chickenshyt, quit telling yourself you are going to do it and ask already!!!! Boys think about doing things, men take action!!
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
I know exactly what BlackDragon is going though, hell I am going through it. It’s all because we are too scared of what her response would be. We would rather stay in limbo with her instead of hearing her say no. We think we have the guts to ask her but once we are in her presence we become wussies.

You need to ask her out as soon as you see her next time. JUST DO IT!!! I made the mistake of not asking her out and now she’s in Cancun. So I have to wait until next Monday. I doubt you have a similar situation though.

Next time you see her you have to ask for her number, or me and everybody else will call you a pu*sy everyday until you do it.

I forgot who said this, I believe its Gunwitch, anyways, “Make the ho say no.”
 

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
Well, next time in class I might get alone time to talk to her. Should I just go ahead and ask her during class. Its Lab so everybody ususally talking to each other and exchanging answers. I was thinking about telling her to give me her phone number so we could go out sometime after the exams. what do you guys think?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Don of Truth

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2004
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Age
51
Location
Florida
What keeps you from taking action is fear. The fear that you will fail. The fear that you will look stupid and she will laugh.
The fear that you do not deserve her number.

Have you ever tried anything ? To play guitar ? To surf ? To skateboard ?
What happened at first ? You sucked ! You busted your azz !

This is the same...you will have to go through a period where you will fail. It's like practice. Don't care if this girl says yes or no...care only about action....doing it. Getting in the practice.

So if you want simplicity...just say "give me your number, maybe we'll get together and do something sometime outside of school".
AND THEN JUST SHUTUP.
A few seconds may pass...or whatever. This is a sales technique.
After asking for the sale...shutup. Either it will happen or it won't.
Don't be the first to break the silence. If she doesn't speak then that's it.....end the convo that way....in silence and walk away.

The other choices are that she says YES...or NO (in one way or another).
But you don't care right ? It's just practice !
 

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
First time I asked a chick out it took me couple of months to gather up courage! She said no but the world didn't end. What's in your way is you. However, that's not all there is to it. While I think I have gotten over the asking part, i need to learn to be more smooth. Right now, the way I do it appears very automatic and premeditated.
 

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
546
Reaction score
1
if you ask her for her number and she says no, who gives a flying f.uck? Big freakin deal... get over it. News flash, not every girl on the planet wants to give you her number. It's only natural that some of them will say no.

Also, one of you has to have a set of balls, if it's not you then get a sex change operation and be done with it. Seriously, you're making a big deal out of the chance of getting rejected. Instead, learn to be bulletproof and make rejection about as worrisome as a mosquito bite.

No balls, no blue chips... nothing ventured, nothing gained... no pain, no gain... get the picture?
 

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2002
Messages
176
Reaction score
2
BlackDragon,

At the end of class walk out of the door with her while making small talk. After you two get away from the crowd of people then ask for her digits.

This way in case things don't work out you won't have to sit their in class feeling awkward.
 

felony

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
336
Reaction score
2
Location
Australia
Perhaps some ideas.

Put this girl on hold for a week or two while you get your s&^% together. DJ boot camp for you. It will get easier.

You are putting way to much importance on the number- and its hurting your game. Perhaps forget about it, chill with her for a week or so and not worry about getting the digits. Who knows you might just get them, and when you do, as i know you will, (cos u will live in regret for the rest of your life! haha) it will probably be a really simple no dramas affair. Heck, people around here have no issues with getting phone numbers, afterall, its just a normal thing to do if you want to use the cell phone!

I had another idea, but it just left me cos some kid just ran his bike into an icecream machine.
Gotta save the day.

cheers,
f.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
hey man, I was thinking about this today. I came to conclusion that you need to make a list in your head.

bad points
if you ask her for her number.
she could say no
it'll make you fell awkward for 10 seconds

good points
all that weight of your shoulders
make you feel relaxed
you'll be doing a backflip when she says yes
it'll make you a better dj
makes you closer to going out with her

If I was realy nervous about it. I would jus say I was on MSN a stupid hour last night blah blah blah, you on it? can I have your addy. give pen n paper to her to write down n say write your mobile down as well.
 
Top