What is more attractive?

Quickclicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've talked to girls, and I've heard them say is that my face looks like I'm in the Mafia like a hitmen or mob boss. I don't wear the ridiculousy over-sized pants, bandannas, or the such. Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, this type of clothing is what most black teenagers wear and try to act hard.

I usually wear button up shirts, and khaki pants.

My question to you all is is their really a difference between having a Mafia look as oppossed to that of a gangster, or are they necessarily the same?

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Quickclicker
I've talked to girls, and I've heard them say is that my face looks like I'm in the Mafia like a hitmen or mob boss. I don't wear the ridiculousy over-sized pants, bandannas, or the such. Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, this type of clothing is what most black teenagers wear and try to act hard.

I usually wear button up shirts, and khaki pants.

My question to you all is is their really a difference between having a Mafia look as oppossed to that of a gangster, or are they necessarily the same?
I think the looks are totally different. But the khakis and shirt kinda gives off a more black gangsta vibe if you ask me while the Mafia is more business orientated with more serious members.

playasupreme

Banned
Reaction score
Two different subcultures. Italian mafioso evolved around the year 1900 in New York and other big cities across the U.S. These men came from a tight-knit feudalistic city state culture.

On the other hand black gangs evolved from generations of their people having to break rules in a society where the deck was stacked against them at every turn. You can't pretend to not be black and this makes it hard when the legal system is rigged against you.

I wouldn't reccommend misrepresenting either-- you might insult someone and it could end up badly for you. Real mobsters and gangsters are serious people and are not to be mocked or decieved.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by playasupreme
Two different subcultures. Italian mafioso evolved around the year 1900 in New York and other big cities across the U.S. These men came from a tight-knit feudalistic city state culture.

On the other hand black gangs evolved from generations of their people having to break rules in a society where the deck was stacked against them at every turn. You can't pretend to not be black and this makes it hard when the legal system is rigged against you.

I wouldn't reccommend misrepresenting either-- you might insult someone and it could end up badly for you. Real mobsters and gangsters are serious people and are not to be mocked or decieved.
yeah if your white and trying to be "gangsta" prepair to get laughed at. Trust me, black guys usually cant stand whiggers and I don't blame them. If I was black I would laugh at every whigger I saw.

BTW I am guessing your white, and I'm not saying your TRYING to be black I'm just saying you dont want to if you arent already. :)

Quickclicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for the record, I'm half Hispanic and half Indian. And I'm not trying to be somebody I'm not, it's that my face gives off the perception that I'm in the Mafia as it looks...what's the word.....exotic or rather weird? :confused::confused::confused:. I'm serious, I have people gathering around me in stores staring at me like I'm a genetic mutation.:mad: It's fukin' irritating to say the least.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. I wear mostly leather jackets black jeans and army type boots, black ski hat. I'm in a metal band so that I guess fits my type but it doesn't play well with other social aspects of my life. People who don't know me act uneasy around me. Out of metal-head concept I probably look like some badass antisocial type. I guess the only way around this is to dress differently and more socially acceptable. Doesn't mean you have to lose individual touch in your taste. I'm currently working on that. Going to get a whole new set of clothes.

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for the record, I'm half Hispanic and half Indian. And I'm not trying to be somebody I'm not, it's that my face gives off the perception that I'm in the Mafia as it looks...what's the word.....exotic or rather weird? :confused::confused::confused:. I'm serious, I have people gathering around me in stores staring at me like I'm a genetic mutation.:mad: It's fukin' irritating to say the least.
Ah ok, I was not sure thats why I just took a guess you were white.

Don't pay any attention to them, plus I doubt they really are staring at you like a freak I mean come on.

Quickclicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand where your coming from Life Trainee, but I don't try to give that impression. Clothes are secondary factors but your outer physical appearance is basically static. I'm not complaining about my face or anything, but I just wanted to know if having a Mafia look is "better" than the gangsta vibe?

In my mind, the gangstas are those who walk at night down the streets with their posse (like in Queens NY or Los Angeles CA), and the mafia men are those who wear the business suits and drive in tinted bullet-proof cars and act "normal" to the public.

In general, does one have more public appeal than the other?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm...we'll have to see a picture of you to really help....

:D

playasupreme

Banned
Reaction score
They're not white are they? Minorities and immigrants formed gangs. It's cultural and personal. Irish, Italians, and Jews were some of the first organized criminals in this country because they got sh*t on when they got here. Don't be a poser.

Quickclicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iqqi
hmmm...we'll have to see a picture of you to really help....

:D
I don't think a picture would really help if at all. Most people would say, "WTF is that," or "Man, you look fuked up," etc. I don't think that would actually help me. People love to put down others.

Your next question is probably going to be why do you say that, and to that I'm going to reply I've done something similar before and it's not something I'd like to do again.

So any answers to my questions would be appreciated.