Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is Glycerin Soap??

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my grandmom came to visit us a bit ago and she gave me glycerin soap and said its good for my face. I haven't used it yet, but does anyone know if it is? What are some facts about it?

All I know is that it smells hella good. Scent is Coconut Lime Verbana. Its from Bath and Body. :p lol

Thanks.:cool:

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard glycerin soap is decent for the face.

Moved to Health and Fitness.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a gentler, less abrasive soap that hippies have taken a liking for for its mostly harmless impact on the earth.

Since it's made from glycerin and not oil (like most soaps nowadays are), and glycerin is a natural emollient, it holds moisture to your skin a schoche better.

Check this place out for some more info, and/or Google "glycerin soap": http://www.eaudrey.com/

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when you render fat, you can harvest the glyceryn from the surface once the layers form. Combine this with sodium hydroxide (lye) and you have soap.

(watch fight club if you don't know what the hell i'm talking about)

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so is glycerin soap made with the glycerin mixed in with the rendered fat instead of the glycerin removed.

ive tried to make lye soap before, it didnt work for me. i tried to make lye by pouring water through ash and it didnt seem to do anything. it sucks

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lt dan
so is glycerin soap made with the glycerin mixed in with the rendered fat instead of the glycerin removed.
Nowadays, there just isn't enough quality fat to meet the soap markets' demand for it, so fat/lye soaps are out. Big companies use petroleum distillates (the stuff left over from distilling oils—think Vaseline) as soap bases. The glycerin that those companies get out of making soap they usually take completely out and sell it as its own standalone product.

So, Yes, glycerin soaps just retain that glycerin.
Originally posted by Lt dan
ive tried to make lye soap before, it didnt work for me. i tried to make lye by pouring water through ash and it didnt seem to do anything. it sucks
That's probably due to the type of ash you were using (different woods are better for lye-rendering), added to the fact that it takes forever to get lye out of wood ash. And I mean FOREVER. We're talkin' months upon years to get anything usable out of even a sizable patch of ash.