Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is everyone's protocol on paying for dates?

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that if I ask a girl out on a date I should pay for it. I think in dating things should go back and forth if exclusive.

Thinking back to my ****y ex-girlfriend she expected me to pay for about everything all the time although she did pay for things from time to time.

I remember one situation when she called me and invited me to go to the zoo with her and her daughter. When we got to the zoo she expected me to pay for everyone. I thought this was pretty crappy seeing that they invited me to go to the zoo with them but then wanted me to pay for the whole thing. Of course she is an entitled brat and horrible human being.

I am just curious on what everyone's thoughts are on paying for dates and how to pay for things went exclusive.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually pay for dates. On the other hand, if she overtly expects me to pay for dates, that's a red flag and I'll start NEXTing. I like it when a girl tries to pay, but I end up not letting her. Even if she knows she wasn't going to pay, she should at least pretend to take her card or money out of her wallet when the bill comes.

exhausted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my nephew is 22 and he and his girlfriend are both in college anyways they split everything all the time. He says this is how everyone his age does things I think it makes sense. However the older generation the woman expects everything to be paid for all the time yet they give nothing it's pretty crappy

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well one thing is sure, if woman expect me to pay, should I expect I will have sex with her?

more then likely I would pay without much thought, but as long she make a effort to pay too, if not I ask to half the bill and make her pay and don't bother calling her again

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I think that if I ask a girl out on a date I should pay for it. I think in dating things should go back and forth if exclusive.

Thinking back to my ****y ex-girlfriend she expected me to pay for about everything all the time although she did pay for things from time to time.

I remember one situation when she called me and invited me to go to the zoo with her and her daughter. When we got to the zoo she expected me to pay for everyone. I thought this was pretty crappy seeing that they invited me to go to the zoo with them but then wanted me to pay for the whole thing. Of course she is an entitled brat and horrible human being.

I am just curious on what everyone's thoughts are on paying for dates and how to pay for things went exclusive.
I usually order cheap coffee/bear for both of us then pay for both of us. but if you date too many girls it can go expensive.

plus i woudlnt really pay for anything after first date.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
50-50 first dates

I pay only when the GF material and official about it

It's the girls who push most of the 50-50

They sometimes pay 100% when I give them a good time.

but 50-50... its economical and fare... but the girl push for it all the time.. so maybe I lose frame... but at least I have more money

LJBFB

Don Juan
Reaction score
My protocol is automatic fb demotion if they dont attempt to pay something by 2nd or 3rd date.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really depends on the vibes I'm getting. As a rule I'll always pay for the first date. I've had a few high IL women offer to pay on the 2nd or 3rd date. After sex happens it's usually a back and forth, give and take type of thing. You pay this time and I'll pay next time. The women I've been with who never pay are usually very difficult to deal with in other aspects as well, they have all types of rules and sh*t test pretty hard IME.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my nephew is 22 and he and his girlfriend are both in college anyways they split everything all the time. He says this is how everyone his age does things I think it makes sense. However the older generation the woman expects everything to be paid for all the time yet they give nothing it's pretty crappy
This is just another reason why 50yo men should not feel bad dating 20yo women. Lol

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always pay for the first date and its usually just drinks. No 1st date dinners. On the 2nd date, if she doesn't at least offer to pay then a red flag goes up in my mind. By the 3rd date if she hasn't contributed anything, I'm done.

Had a recent girl that I went out with 2 times. Things were escalating nicely both times. On the third date we were at a bar listening to a band and had a few drinks. She asked to order food. When the bill came she had no desire to contribute. That was the end of the road for me. I'm not here to finance their good times. This chic made close to $100,000/yr so she has plenty of cash. Its poor manners to me.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I struggled with this question too. Money doesnt grow on trees.

Now i take them for a walk instead of date. I feel much better because i basically dont care if shes into me or not, i dont pay anything.

When i was paying i had that ****ty feeling of paying for nothing.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always pay for the first date and its usually just drinks. No 1st date dinners. On the 2nd date, if she doesn't at least offer to pay then a red flag goes up in my mind. By the 3rd date if she hasn't contributed anything, I'm done.

Had a recent girl that I went out with 2 times. Things were escalating nicely both times. On the third date we were at a bar listening to a band and had a few drinks. She asked to order food. When the bill came she had no desire to contribute. That was the end of the road for me. I'm not here to finance their good times. This chic made close to $100,000/yr so she has plenty of cash. Its poor manners to me.
Yes I agree, if she's pulling that kind of income she should be contributing. Wow...

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I set up dates that are either low cost or free. I go de walks and the beach and act like I'm throwing them in the water, go to karaoke (w/o drinking), play mini golf, play at an arcade, get a cup of tea, get frozen yogurt, invite them over to my place, go out to dance to clubs w/o cover charges, etc.

I usually challenge her to a fun game and then say "loser buys X (one of the above)". They eat it up. The funny thing is I've gotten so good at the games (lookup some fun ones) that half of the time I actually don't pay for stuff haha.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Women love-no, crave-challenge. Whether it's your first date or one-thousand-and-first, the paradigm is the same: expectation. If you set her expectation that your time is free for her to spend, she'll spend every penny without a thought to paying it back. However, like the Brother above stated, if you make it fun, make it a challenge, she'll pay you for the opportunity. Not in money either. She'll pay you with her attentiveness and sexuality.

What's most important is you'll be remembered for the rest of her life when she thinks back to the great lovers she's had. You'll be thought of as the guy who gave her guts the butterflies, before beating the hell out of them. Smiling ear-to-ear...

Glassguy

Reaction score
Its a respect thing with me if she offers to pay or split the bill. If I am vibing with her, I pay. If not, I will accept the offer to split it.

Women are humans and if she is thinking about fvcking me when the bill comes to the table, she may just forget to offer. Or she may be waiting for you to take the lead and go from there with the bill.

But if I go out with a chick several times and she has the mindset that its EXPECTED for me to pay since she got all dolled up and showed up, she enjoyed the last meal or drink on my tab. That happens very rare btw.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I am married now, so it doesn't matter, but if I ever became single again, I'm pretty sure I'd be so out of the box I really wouldn't care. The real answer is whoever is doing the asking should probably pay. Me? I don't think I'd give a f*ck so if she didn't pay for mine when asked (like your zoo example) I'd probably just leave right then and there.

As far as new dates, I can't say what I'd do. I might just skip the BS and tell the girls to come to my house while I cook dinner and get them drunk on wine. However, I do kind of feel like you should go out in public a little bit so I guess it'd be whatever I was into. I wouldn't mind paying for a small dinner or something with a few drinks, maybe like a pizza and brewery at like 5 pm. Eat quickly, have a drink or two, keep it to an hour, and bounce. I'd pay for that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money is a good reason to have sex as quickly as possible after you meet someone, so you can get it out of the way. I've never seen a guy on here complain that a girl came over, screwed his brains out, and then afterward had the nerve to ask him to order a pizza because she was hungry, that gold-digging b!tch!!!!

Glassguy

Reaction score
Money is a good reason to have sex as quickly as possible after you meet someone, so you can get it out of the way. I've never seen a guy on here complain that a girl came over, screwed his brains out, and then afterward had the nerve to ask him to order a pizza because she was hungry, that gold-digging b!tch!!!!
Haha. I just died laughing.

That's the problem us men should have though instead of the reverse

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will pay if she reaches for the bill, if she doesn't, it's 50-50.