"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

what is better for confidence martial arts or gym

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
436
Reaction score
0
Location
Aitaorc
what is better for confidence martial arts or gym? I mean is it better to bulk and have a good body to be proud of, or train M A(jujutsu) so you have self confidence even if you don't look great and maybe is longer lasting.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
masturbating makes you into a DJ. stupid.
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
For me, martial arts. Knowing that I can protect myself and others is a good feeling that gives me a confidence boost when I go out.
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
martial arts is good.. learning how to kick someones ass is where it is at. just don't ignore working out. as a man you should try to become strong phsically.

for me martial arts is the icing on the cake after working out at the gym.

I also enjoy watching some of the girls at my dojo. damn... when they move around in those stances I just want to f**k their brains out. everything they do just seems sooo sexual to me.

anyway...
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Both. I used to go to a martial arts class for two hours, twice a week. The first hour was spent working out; doing push ups, sit ups, etc. The second hour was learning martial arts moves. Our sensei explained that a lot of martial arts classes charge money for people to go. And since it is a business, the teachers are reluctant to make the students do hard workouts because they won't want to come anymore and they'll lose money. I reccomend you try to find a class like the one I was in, one where you will work out and learn moves. Also, you can meet other guys and girls in these classes while it's harder to meet people going to the gym alone.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
I think it depends on you. Are you really weedy at the moment?

Then bulk up. If you look pretty good and are intimidated by bad asses then MA.

I would consider some of the more brutal MA, Mauy Thai, Wing Chun, JKD, Krav Maga, Systema. These will teach you 'fighting under pressure', to disable or kill with the later three. Now that's confidence! Good old boxing is good as well.

IF you like JJ, Brazilain Gracie type stuff is excellent.

Forget Aikido, T Chi etc. Lovely but offers you something else other than confidence and effectiveness.

Just my 2p worth
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Oh and another 2p worth.

If you want to meet girls at a class and combine your training with pickups then try kickboxing beginners classes or Krav Maga.

If you see a girl at a MT class I'd run a mile (cos there fookin hard and ugly).
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
3,667
Reaction score
18
Location
http://pimphop.com
Your question should be asking which one will get you laid since that is the purpose of this site.

Now make the decision. Will wrestling around with a bunch of block heads in Gi's get you laid? Or will building a body that will make womens panties get moist get you laid.
 

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
12
This is my take. I bodybuild 5 days a week, and train in Muay Thai at least 3 days a week. All of those training sessions involve lots and lots of fighting in the ring.

Go to the gym, and work out until you build an amazing body before you even consider martial arts.

Having an amazing body will not only give you the key to opening womens legs, like PS said, but it will also:

a.) deter people from starting fights with you.
b.) give you more strength and endurance in a fight if one does happen.
c.) protect you. muscles are the only armor you have in a fight. If you don't have strong abdominals, one kick in the stomach will floor you. If you don't have well developed legs, you will lose balance easily. If you don't have well built forearms, blocking your opponents punches will hurt like a mother!@#$%^.

Look at all professional fighters out there today (except Riddick Bowe, who has the world's biggest gut atm). Almost every fighter in UFC/K1/Pride is chisled like a statue and built like a horse. The days of skinny martial artists are long gone.
 

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Sydney
gotta agree with P S again

Mate,

I don't try to pass myself off as a DJ as you know, however I know a little about this subject. A strong body/hard body is a deterant to men and is attractive to women. Not massive bulk, but aesthetically pleasing, cut physique.

I know we can all bull**** on in this forum and unfortunately nobody can prove a bloddy thing they say. For that reason I always try to be as honest as I can and hope that my honesty comes through the post. Mate, I am not that good with women but have had a few attracted to me because my physique is pretty good.

Martial Arts = confidence....ummmm, not sure. I am a 2nd Dan myself in Karate-do and see it as a sport and nothing more. Most of the black belts you meet can be knocked over in a New York second by an aggressive male. I fought silver gloves in my youth and these guys were tough. I find that many boxers are thugs looking for a way to escape poverty. Martial Arts attracts yuppies trying to escape reality.

Martial Arts only really works when your oponent is also a Martial Artist and fighting in the correct manner.

As I said, it is easy to sit here listening to the guy next door tune his car and safely write a crock of crap to you but, hopefully, you can somehow see that I am coming from a position of knowledge. I have NO fear of any man at all, I only fear women because I don't understand them and I HATE the games we must play in order to get them.

So, in short, build that body. If you lack aggression, M A can't teach you to be aggressive. Karta and Kamite and Freestyle is fun, helps keep you fit and is a social outlet. Boxing will make you either tougher or you will run. Working out will give you size, appeal to women, make you appear more aggressive and will make you more confident with both men and women.

Hope I helped. If anyone wants to throw crap at me, fine, go for it.
 

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2003
Messages
436
Reaction score
0
Location
Aitaorc
I am wanting to join a class of ju jutsu. I'd go 3x a week and they have a gym and punching bags. I'd like to train bjj but there isn't any.The people i'd train with are 20-30 years so not kids. I'd do 30 min weights and 1.5 h ju jitsu after. I'm not a small guy(im taller and heavier than 90 % of my friends)

To get laid I think confidence is more important because if you're the most goodlooking guy in the world and freze and can't even talk to girls you won't get laid. On the other hand if youre a 7 and confident you'll get.
 

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
your confidence with women, work, school, family, friends..and mostly yourself...has nothing to do with working out and or martial arts.

does ur right Bicep give tell you to approach a women?

does ur abs give you negattive thoughts?

no..

getting a great body will ultimately make it easier on your mind to become more confident. But if your doing this to become more confident your going about it wrong.


on a sidenote..ive been working out for 2 yrs..and I have a great body now.

and it didnnt make me confident. READ THE DJ BIBLE A FEW TIMES
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

bud1971

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
I would definitely go for BJJ.........

I did Judo for 8 years and then switched to BJJ....I cannot say enough how it changed me in many areas. Plus, all of the good friends I made.

If you train hard, you will look like you want, plus be able to back it up if you ever need to.
 

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Working out for sure. After a nice hard workout at the gym you feel like a god literally. It also boosts your overall testosterone level, and releases feel good hormones.
 

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
12
Martial Arts only really works when your oponent is also a Martial Artist and fighting in the correct manner.
I disagree. You took karate, a traditional MA which is pretty much just shadowboxing, katas and watered down sparring. You're also not allowed to use your elbows, knees, and there is no clinch fighting. So it's no wonder you say that martial artists can only fight martial artists and in a correct manner.

If you're gonna take a MA, you take one that is:

1.) very competitive in multi-style tournaments
2.) has next to no restrictions
3.) involves a heavy sparring curiculum.

At my Muay Thai dojo, all we do is ring combat. Watching some karate sensei show you how to do a kick isn't gonna teach you how to fight. The only way to learn that, is to fight all the time, and get your ass kicked at least once a week for motivation.

Also as someone mentioned, BJJ is also a MA worth taking. You're gonna be fighting from the moment you enter the dojo until the time you leave, and it's very very practical in street combat.
 

madgame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
860
Reaction score
1
Speaking of Napoleon..does anybody know the song "reason why" by the rapper napoleon? the hook goes a lil somethin like this: "she been ...with a baller from the NBA but she never...the soldier from around the way" ..havent listened to the song in a while but Ive always wondered what he said EXACTLY ..so come on guys help me out lol besides..anyone know when his album is finally comin out?
 
Top