Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is a Great Man or Great Woman?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was conversing with one of the members around here and he was noting how his buddies fail miserably at being men essentially in not leading in their lives and relationships. He also commented on the associated fall out that results.

So I thought and he thought (@Roober) a thread on the topic might be worthwhile.

What are you guys aspiring toward?

What is the ideal as a man?

What kind of woman are you looking for?

How do you keep such a woman?

I’ll contribute after some responses come in...as I have the reverse perspective being a woman...

But what is the goal a man ought to strive for beyond just LMS (Looks/Money/Status) and how should a man, even if he posses LMS conduct himself in the world, and secondarily with women.

You are invited to discuss Gentlemen

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But what is the goal a man ought to strive for beyond just LMS (Looks/Money/Status) and how should a man, even if he posses LMS conduct himself in the world, and secondarily with women.
I think every man should strive for emotional control. As a result his self awareness will increase as well as respect others have for him.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the man. The definitions of what a man should do are many.
How I want it to be and how it is are not the same. It also depends on how we view the journey and where we think the journey ends.

For the external view LMS is it. As it relates to women it would be LSM.

For the internal view helping another man or men to success is of value, for me this brings some peace. For the internal view with women, I guess there is nothing it is all only LMS. There is no internal just a shell looking for good feelings. Not evil, but predictable.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Was conversing with one of the members around here and he was noting how his buddies fail miserably at being men essentially in not leading in their lives and relationships. He also commented on the associated fall out that results.
Relationships today are based on a females needs and values. A man’s job is to get her pregnant, a woman’s job is the relationship.

To be rich and powerful by providing a service.

I don’t understand

Young, good looking, and fertile

It’s not the man’s job to worry about keeping a woman. It’s the woman’s job to keep the man.

Other than a woman’s putting the pressure of her body a man’s gentials to get pregnant, or for him to get s sexual release, or some entertainment, what does she offer exactly?

The only thing society cares about is what service a man can provide it. Looks Money Status is secondary.

With women, a man should have sex wIth a woman he’s attracted to as soon as possible.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
The most important part is to look for one’s own answeres inside.

The world as we know it is not designed to facilitate the advancement of man. Despite all hoopla of groups trying to do so. Just look at the decline and know it doesn’t work.

So a smart man steps outside the world of illusion and creates his own reality and stays true to himself. He must go against the physical universe. Complete disagreement. Its not real.

As far as women go, you can offer her safe harbor in that world of yours. But you are not obligated to protect or encompass her in it.
I do not believe that women are naturally monogamous. Obtaining one Is a drill in a form of misguided beliefs. You don’t obtain a woman. She comes to you because your world is what she desires, at that time.

To beat women up for this is stupid. At the same time a man must weigh his world against this “truth”. Her loyalty is never in stable flux for long.
A woman can never give a man what he already has.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a satisfying life. I don't want a 5hit ton of money, I just want to have it good. I'm currently working towards having my front yard as my workplace. Hopefully I'll be there in 5 years.

Doing what he wants and being successful at it.

Loyal. There are very few women who have the genuine desire to be loyal. A man can fix himself up all he wants, but if the woman isn't loyal and is a piece of 5hit, the best and most attractive man alive won't be able to keep her.

Be the best man you can be.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
In the dating context, a great woman appreciates being treated with kindness.
Not without feeling that she has done something to deserve it. Otherwise she knows that he is supplicating because he doesn’t know her destructive acts that he is unaware of. Her deeper faults. All he does is amplify them. Redemption is something she is looking for but she wants to earn it. She doesn’t want it gifted. A man’s frame needs to grant her redemption. All on its own.

He is seeing her through his lens because he is attracted to her or “loves” her. But she is looking out. That’s a different perspective and certain actions will shut her down because they are not founded in her reality.

It seems men want the perfect woman, but that woman doesn’t exist in this life or on this planet. He can grant her redemption.

Last edited:

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've thought about this about. I've thought about myself, my peers and my family. I've also considered how all are less than adequate, myself included. I've thought about all the men I know, and listed qualities where they fall short of being a great man. I've definitely realized that I fall well short of being a great man. And I do say this as an initial hypothesis I am considering...

I think a great man can be defined by how they spend their time. And I don't mean the specific actions, but the motivation behind the actions. The question then becomes. Are the man's actions done for himself or for the greater good?

Being single, you would assume that a majority of time is spent on himself. A great man should spends time on himself and giving back.

For example, a typical bachelor...
-Hitting the gym is for himself
-His diet regimen is for himself
-Finding and nailing new women is for himself
You will often find that majority of time in the perpetual bachelor's life is spent on himself

Then you take the beta husband...
-he works obscene hours to avoid his family
-he plays videogames, watches TV, etc... All aimless hobbies for himself
-his pursuit of money is often for himself, the family are usually just the byproducts

The two extremes really are no different, and that is why essentially they are both alone.

Now I don't have exact figures for how much time percentage should be spent on yourself, and how much should be spent on others or giving back. And the definition of giving back can be done in soany ways (coaching peers, helping friends, volunteering, consoling a buddy after a bad breakup, donating money, running a meaningful business, etc).

I would lean towards the fact that a great man gives more than he takes, whether it be advice, money, time, or any other resource. And if a great man has a family, the giving will be substantially more than what he takes. A man that takes is no different than a pet, and should probably be treated as such...

And when a man is headed in the right direction, he will attract a great woman. He would accept nothing less. And fortunately, women are malleable as clay...

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And fortunately, women are malleable as clay...
Interesting how we talk a lot about women being malleable. We lead them, they join our lives, they submit, etc.

I remember when I was younger I used to hear a lot about how women "trained" their men. Maybe tried to make them more fashionable, encouraged them to get a better job, encouraged them to be more sociable, tried to teach them better manners, that sort of thing.
The idea was they would take a less than ideal boyfriend and try to polish off the rough edges and make him into something more presentable lol. I used to hear women talk about this sort of thing a lot, strange it's hardly ever discussed here. Is this a thing of the past now? Maybe women today want a perfect man out of the box, and are less willing to take on a "project"?

Anyway, since you were talking about women being malleable, it occurred to me that maybe women think the same of us, at least to some extent.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting how we talk a lot about women being malleable. We lead them, they join our lives, they submit, etc.

I remember when I was younger I used to hear a lot about how women "trained" their men. Maybe tried to make them more fashionable, encouraged them to get a better job, encouraged them to be more sociable, tried to teach them better manners, that sort of thing.
The idea was they would take a less than ideal boyfriend and try to polish off the rough edges and make him into something more presentable lol. I used to hear women talk about this sort of thing a lot, strange it's hardly ever discussed here. Is this a thing of the past now? Maybe women today want a perfect man out of the box, and are less willing to take on a "project"?

Anyway, since you were talking about women being malleable, it occurred to me that maybe women think the same of us, at least to some extent.
Everyone wants a product that is perfect out of the box. Think about the items we consume and the standards we have for those items. Why would be any different for our partner?

When a woman says those things, that is not what she actually wants. When she invites you to get a pedicure, the feminine part of her wants you to say no. The rest of her is merely just following a script. This is not a script written her biology, but by the conditioning of modern society. How many men would get pedicures in 1950?

Actually, here's another thought, the whole goal of feminism is not to make women better, but instead it is to make men worse. Now, I'm not suggesting that men are superior. However,there are evolutionary qualities of both sexes that are advantages or disadvantages. What can be observed is that men,on average, are becoming worse (higher suicides, more special ed, staying at home, indulging in meaningless activities) while women are not getting better. They are just filling the holes in society they created. They are essentially destroying their opponent, instead of finding ways to be better than them.

A natural quality of men is to lead. Natural to men with strong male role models; not so much of those without. Some are good at it, while others could use some work. But with that quality, you will often find that women will adapt to the environment they are presented with. A woman will gladly submit to a man who is respectable and dress the way he wants, act the way he wants, join his activities, etc. And it's not a black or white thing, but there is definitely more reason for the women to follow...

When a woman feels she needs to "fix her man", she is basically stating her displeasure with his leadership, hence she has to fill the role, whether she likes it or not.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a woman feels she needs to "fix her man", she is basically stating her displeasure with his leadership, hence she has to fill the role, whether she likes it or not.
I'm just telling you that it was very common for girls to talk that way about their mates back when I was younger. I agree that indicates she is not entirely happy with her guy, but on the other hand she sees enough potential in him to invest some work into him. I don't think it was so much about leadership, but often about superficial qualities such as fashion or whatever. Scrub the caveman up a bit so he can be presentable when they go out.

I have to admit I have not heard this sort of thing recently, and it doesn't seem to come up here. So I'm guessing the current generation of women are less willing to "settle" for less than what they want, OR the guys today they do choose are just too far gone. I know a lot of women who support their deadbeat boyfriends/husbands, and while they complain a lot about wanting him to get a job, they don't seem to do much about it. In this case, I guess the guy's laziness isn't something that can be fixed easily, compared to "Hey, why don't you wear a nicer shirt?".

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People often equate “greatness” with being a well-rounded person. That is a common misconception. Rounded people are average by definition. Great people are almost invariably great at one thing and one thing only - and lacking in many other areas. Einstein was a genius at math; Alexander the Great was a genius at warfare; Donald Trump is a genius at self-promotion. All three have/had significant personality flaws and would have been considered weirdos but for their one great quality. If you truly want to be great, you need two things: a natural talent and endless ambition. Most people don’t have that and therefore will never be great.

Another misconception is equating greatness with happiness. Most great people are not truly happy. The one thing that is required for greatness - endless ambition - also ensures that you never feel satisfied.

The happiest people tend to be pretty average. That is NOT to say that all average people are happy. Happiness is an internal state. It means being at peace with yourself, your place in the world, and with the fleeting nature of your existence in this world.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
All those details that's being mentioned here means nothing if you don't get the desired results.

As such details are mere tools that changes to suit the results you desire.

Greatness is just this = the ability or strength to shape or influence ur surroundings.

And as such the strong (great men) should aid, teach and protect the weak.

Then the weak will become strong, and in turn they will aid, teach and protect those weaker then them.

That ability of men to create or shape their surroundings to be better and greater then before will then be replicated until the end of time.

Some do it in a small scale - with their own family unit, some big - in their work places, local communities or even through the manosphere like Sosuave and others even bigger through a political landscape, influencing regional or international behaviours.

But every men needs to do it.

Because that is the law of masculinity.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A great women and men are the ones who can tolerate being alone being with only by themselves, love em, treat themself well, shaping their self worth, doesn't afraid to grow and changed.

After all the above are actually met only then they are truly capable of being in a reciprocal relationship.

f you're not in touch with your own feelings and needs, how in the world can you be responsive to someone else's?

An a$$ole middle name truly is rebound.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

1. Getting better.
2. To work, make some good progress every now and then in the workplace, be decently fit, and have a loving family; to also have some friends and acquaintances you can go out with in a group setting every now and then as well, and possibly just shoot the **** with at work.
3. A feminine and sweet woman. Why do I choose these 2 words? Because no woman can fake being these things without ultimately becoming them.
4. By remaining to do what I've been doing. I can emotionally satisfy ANY woman, if they let me. It's just that most don't because they're intimidated by me. Either that, or they're arrogant because they think I am (even though it's just them projecting).
By being a man, and not being afraid.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are attracted to HOW the man is, not WHAT the man is (unless she is shallow or a ‘gold digger’). Remember that old stereotype of the good girl with the bad boy, trying to ‘sweeten’ him up?

Case in point.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are attracted to HOW the man is, not WHAT the man is (unless she is shallow or a ‘gold digger’). Remember that old stereotype of the good girl with the bad boy, trying to ‘sweeten’ him up?

Case in point.
They always do. They like the power and excitement. But they really dont enjoy being treated like shyt. But those other feelings...