Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is a feminine woman?

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got into a long discussion with a friend of mine the other day. He is your typical AFC who is way deep into feminist American culture. I eluded to some of my beliefs about being your own man and staying strong to your masculine sexuality.

However, being the typical AFC he is, he asked me what do I think a feminine woman is? Somebody who is submissive, yields to my authority?

I was stumped at this point. Through this site and then focusing on my own father and older brother, I am starting to slowly realize what a strong masculine figure is. However, I don't have any resources to look at/for that would hint me towards what a strong feminine woman is about?

Let me make it clear that this shouldn't be one of those "your quality woman" thread. I just want to know what qualities makes a woman feminine? What characteristics make her complementary to a masculine character?

Enlighten me, and yourself, folks.

3countriesPlan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A feminine woman.. a girl who lets the man be the man in a relationship. smart but at least somewhat subservient to men. not scared to wear pink or purple clothing... can be strong but still stomps her foot when angry and if she gets pissed punches you full strength in the arm and it doesn't hurt at all.

Any girl who can bench more than you, has body hair, or weighs more than you is not feminine.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ummm....when you meet a woman whose company you enjoy you'll realize how irrelevant and AFC this thread is. Qualities are not to be searched for...They are recognized.
Let me make it clear that this shouldn't be one of those "your quality woman" thread. I just want to know what qualities makes a woman feminine?
This is a contradiction...We can only give our OPINIONS...there are NO absolute answers or qualities.

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
Feminine women run like girls, hands out if front like a bunny and apple butt moving quickly back and forth.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Drum&Bass said:
ummm....when you meet a woman whose company you enjoy you'll realize how irrelevant and AFC this thread is. Qualities are not to be searched for...They are recognized.
Profound. Don't make the mistake of building a relationship in your head and then searching for a girl who meets that standard. Every one will fall short.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
This is a contradiction...We can only give our OPINIONS...there are NO absolute answers or qualities.

I had to rep you for that one. :up:

afrojiggles

Don Juan
Reaction score
gd stuff

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3countriesPlan said:
A feminine woman.. a girl who lets the man be the man in a relationship.
A feminine woman doesn't give her man permission to be masculine, she expects masculinity from him inspite of herself. Be careful with this thinking.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is a feminine woman?

Last night, my gf cooked me dinner, watched UFC fights with me, did the dishes, did my laundry...and swallowed.

I found all of that to be very feminine.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was looking for more like "these are some of the characteristics that makes a woman feminine". Just as there has been plenty of discussions around here that says something to the effect of, "These are the characteristics that makes a man masculine..".

Do you see my point?

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A feminine woman does not try to compete with you for dominance.

Men compete with men... and women with women.

Beware the woman who tried to compete with you and beat you at male type activities.. NOT feminine.

Feminine also means wearing "girlish" clothes and not trying to dress like a man.

We all know this....but some symp types will defend women wearing a pantsuit (ugliest thing ever invented!!!!)

Dietzcoi

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman never wears a dress or skirt I would put her in the not so femmine group of women.

I expect her to at least wear a dress every now and then or a skirt and sit down in front of me and show me some thighs and a peek of her underwear and be very flirtation sending the signals that she is hot for my masculinity.

She wears ear rings, braclets, rings and necklaces and wears perfumes that are sweet smelling and not masculine. She wears what's made for women ONLY and not some unisex bullsh*t perfume they have on the market today WTF.

They wear colorful clothes not boring dull colors but colors that compliment her skin and hair color.

I could go on but this will do.

LoneSilver

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A feminine woman to me is one that realizes she is different than a man. She realizes that she was born a female and embraces and challenges what it is to be a woman.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is a challenging question the OP asks, as many characteristics can also be considered masculine - but are manifested differently by women (such as loyalty). So I have found it challenging to not think in terms of a "quality" woman. But I do believe a quality woman is a woman who is in sync with her feminity.

Feminine traits:

Flexible/submissive.

Compassionate.

Kind.

Empathetic.

Giving.

Receptive.

Gentle.

Affectionate.

Supportive.

Non-competitive in her relationships.

Embraces feminity in her friends - has female friendships/does not see other women as her enemies/positively identifies with feminine energy and role models.

Physical grace and "softness" in demeaner.

A gentle, mallable "aura", or "spirit", if you will. This last one is the most difficult for me to place language on - yet I feel is the most critical factor between masculine and feminine energy. There is a certain concrete, solid thing about a Man/masculine energy. There is a certain fluid, changeable quality about a Woman/feminine energy.

.....As an aside about Motherhood: As Mothers, (which being Motherly people generally think of as a feminine trait) traditionally women actually draw on masculine energy/traits and bring those qualities into their parenting:

They lead in the maturation process of the child.
They are the protector of the child.
They are the disciplinarian/definer of relationship boundery/path/"frame".
They are the primary decision maker for the child.

Because this Mother role has been defined as culturally "feminine" (rather than Female) - women (and men) often carry this belief that a woman is to interact this way with her man/husband/partner.

The problem with this is that while many of the feminine characteristics can be expressed this way with a lover/partner/husband - it ultimately sabotages because it still has the woman also drawing on her masculine traits.

Hence the idea of a woman "letting" her man be the man touches on this dynamic, I believe. Boys are raised to relate to the Mother as a Son- but too often are not taught to relate to other females as a Man to a Woman. So, they enter romantic relationships with the underlying belief system that the woman is still in charge of the dynamic - of being the permission giver to the (boy) man as to whether he is a man - or a grown child - in the relationship.

Last edited:

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
feminine is whatever attracts a heterosexual male.

masculine is whatever attracts a heterosexual female.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kiss me Kate

Kate from 'Taming of the Shrew' said:
unknit that threatening unkind brow,
And dart not scornful glances from those eyes
A woman mov'd is like a fountain troubled,
Muddy, ill-seeming, thick, bereft of beauty;
And while it is so, none so dry or thirsty
Will deign to sip or touch one drop of it.
Didn't we recently see how ugly women can be when their tempers turn vile? That woman on Joekerr's thread who could have been a 6 or 7 turned into a 0 when she opened her mouth!

Thy husband is thy lord, thy life, thy keeper,
Thy head, thy sovereign; one that cares for thee,
And for thy maintenance commits his body
To painful labour both by sea and land,
To watch the night in storms, the day in cold,
Whilst thou liest warm at home, secure and safe;
And craves no other tribute at thy hands
But love, fair looks, and true obedience;
Too little payment for so great a debt.
It's not as obvious now with the general ease the modern world brings us, but for most of history a man's life was often short and brutal. I b!tch about my job, but then I remind myself that my grandfather worked in a can factory his entire life. When I feel like the 'stress of the job' is getting to me I imagine his ghost, in work overalls and standing next to cold machinery saying to me "wanna trade places grandson?" No thanks granddad, no thanks...

Such duty as the subject owes the prince,
Even such a woman oweth to her husband;
And when she is froward, peevish, sullen, sour,
And not obedient to his honest will,
What is she but a foul contending rebel
And graceless traitor to her loving lord?
His HONEST will. Leadership based on justice, not a tyrant.

I am asham'd that women are so simple
To offer war where they should kneel for peace,
Or seek for rule, supremacy, and sway,
When they are bound to serve, love, and obey.
Women often didn't, and still don't, see just how hard men's lives are. We die sooner than them for pity's sake! The ghosts of our grandfathers should go to their granddaughters... from the fields, the factories, and the wars and say to them "want to trade places granddaughter?" A little honest humility wouldn't kill anyone.

Why are our bodies soft and weak and smooth,
Unapt to toll and trouble in the world,
But that our soft conditions and our hearts
Should well agree with our external parts?
Embrace the human nature that creation gave you.

Come, come, you froward and unable worms!
My mind hath been as big as one of yours,
My heart as great, my reason haply more,
To bandy word for word and frown for frown;
But now I see our feminism is but straw,
Our strength as weak, our weakness past compare,
That seeming to be most which we indeed least are.
She sees that her prior ignorance isn't bliss... it's destructive.

Then vail your stomachs, for it is no boot,
And place your hands below your husband's foot:
In token of which duty, if he please,
My hand is ready; may it do him ease.
Kiss me Kate...

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantastic post, Lovely Lady.

I had a hunch you would reply to this one.

I tend to think of masculine/femenine dynamics as masculine being the "rock in the stream" and the femenine being the "water in the stream".

I also see masculinity as being Grounded , like a tree, and femenine being airy like wind.
Kind of funny imagery, but based in natural phenomena.
Another analogy I like, is masculinity as a flag pole, and femeninity as the actual flag.

One can also look at masculine energy as something that pierces forward, and femenine that receives this energy.

The masculine energy gets things started, and the femenine energy puts the machine in motion, which then returns this energy to the masculine, who then directs this energy out-ward into the femenine..

Femenine women tend to feel strength and faith in their Femeninity, and gain masculine energy from a man, rather than heavy creation of it themselves.
The manly female is the shadow image of the femenine male.

Both tend to have a void of their opposite and complimentary energy, thus an imbalance occurs.

As women tend to lose faith in men, they gain strength in masculine and dominant and aggressive characters and personas, but eventually distancing themselves form normale masculine men.
Masculine men just arent attracted to masculine women
Which only then reinforces their belief that "men are weak and too sensitive and not man enough", when in reality these females are running so far off the spectrum that they cant recognize where they are, and how much masculine energy they are running through themselves.
They are simply running too much masculine energy , thus , turning off any potential mates...

So it seems that human stend to draw some sort of neurotic satisfaction from the complimentary oppostite , even if they have to create it themelves

Face it, if these manly females were getting plenty of masculine energy , they could relax and let themselves be femenine

Likewise, the femenine males.
They could just sit back, relax, and let themselves flourish as a masculine man
But both are so uptight, that they female starts demanding and dictating masculine energy and the male starts trying to get approval and permission to receive femenine energy

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score