Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is a DJ?

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL Smooth, what's up with you today?

A DJ is someone that is (for the most part) in control of all aspects of his life and is a leader not a follower.

Women is just one part of his life that he's got sorted. Ya see the woman at the top of the forum? That's why everyone comes here first of all. They want to know how to get women and they think that's all they'll get out of this site. Instead, they find one hell of a lot more and all the lessons learnt from things like carrying a conversation to confidence help in many other areas of their lives.

Once the newbies in here become real DJs they come to realise that women no longer control their lives, they are just another aspect which, thanks to this forum, they have under control.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that's the point...

Originally posted by Smooth as Anything
Can you, as a human being, base your life around women but not think about them?
To me, Don Juanery is the exact opposite accomplishment of this.

"AFCs" base their lives around women--and think of, dwell on, and constantly look up to women--and end up being unhappy because they've neglected themselves, their collective Manhood, so much. Manhood is a plant: without the water of self-improvement, the light of masculinity, and the air afforded by self-reflection, the plant of Manhood withers and dies.

I think about women, sure, but I won't base my life on one until it's my daughter or when I die and it turns out that God is a woman ;)

USSOCOM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Smooth As Anything; A DJ has nothing to do with girls. A DJ is a frame of mind. A DJ has his own life and doesn't need to suppliment with a girl. Girls are just the cherry on top of the sundae.

My two cents.

GQ Prettyboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, to clear one thing up (lol), I know what "DJ" stands for.

I'm asking what you THINK a Don Juan is.

Wow, I'm noticing some AFC Anger lately. I don't feel like arguing... but uh, bro. You are not in the position to tell me who deserves and doesn't deserve to be on this site.

Perhaps it's time to question your own position?

...unless of course you thought I was asking what DJ stood for.
You didn`t ask what we thought. Look at your damn question, What is a DJ? Don`t sit up here trying to shortchange your reply like you knew what it was? Second, I wasn`t angry. I don`t even care because I get a lot of women. If I hurt your feelings, looks like you`re the AFC.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This forum has been an awakening for me.

Now i know, I AM in control of my life, i DO NOT get used by others, i THINK and ACT the way I wish to act. I say what i want and im not afraid to take what i want. I am not afraid of meeting women, and i know how to handle rejection

What is a DJ? A DJ is a mindset that leads to Success in life.

P.S. prettyboy, just shut it.;)

USSOCOM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Smooth! Obviously everyguy knows what a DJ is, BUT when it comes down to it I would like to know which guys actually act as they say. It easy to say "Oh, ya I'm a DJ I get all the women I want and i dont care what others think, thats their problem!" COUGH Bullsh!t COUGH (sorry I have a cough) :rolleyes: . What I would like to know is the honest truth. I myself can say that I'm not always a DJ because it takes experience and I'm not an expert at everything. ACTIONS speak louder than words and the way you act around women is the ultimate test.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GQ Prettyboy
You didn`t ask what we thought. Look at your damn question, What is a DJ? Don`t sit up here trying to shortchange your reply like you knew what it was? Second, I wasn`t angry. I don`t even care because I get a lot of women. If I hurt your feelings, looks like you`re the AFC.
Alright, I'm pretty damn sick right now but I'll answer this sh!t anyway.

If your suggesting I didn't know what DJ stood for, please read the links in my signature that I'm constantly posting along with my message. Seriously.

Yes you hurt my feelings deeply mister :( Your text hurt me emotionally! Haha idiot.

Your saying I don't belong on this board. Give me justification and I'll give you some respect. Thanks.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by USSOCOM
Smooth! Obviously everyguy knows what a DJ is, BUT when it comes down to it I would like to know which guys actually act as they say. It easy to say "Oh, ya I'm a DJ I get all the women I want and i dont care what others think, thats their problem!" COUGH Bullsh!t COUGH (sorry I have a cough) :rolleyes: . What I would like to know is the honest truth. I myself can say that I'm not always a DJ because it takes experience and I'm not an expert at everything. ACTIONS speak louder than words and the way you act around women is the ultimate test.
Thus far I'd say every member of this board knows a set number of characteristics leading to a mentality that explains the behavior of a Don Juan.

Yeah, I'd agree with what your suggesting. Anyone here can lie and say they "pickup all the chicks" or something. Where's the motivation to do that though? Be an *******? Pffft... We can see through that (even with text) and you should really only take to heart the words from members of whom you seriously trust.

Hey, if I was you I wouldn't trust me. I'm not quite a veteran am I. lol.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: I think that's the point...

Originally posted by Von Neuen
To me, Don Juanery is the exact opposite accomplishment of this.

"AFCs" base their lives around women--and think of, dwell on, and constantly look up to women--and end up being unhappy because they've neglected themselves, their collective Manhood, so much. Manhood is a plant: without the water of self-improvement, the light of masculinity, and the air afforded by self-reflection, the plant of Manhood withers and dies.

I think about women, sure, but I won't base my life on one until it's my daughter or when I die and it turns out that God is a woman ;)
There is where, for me, it starts to get a little gray. It's hard to tell that to a Mid AFC/DJ obviously, but to a DJ.

Hmm... The only conclusion is that a DJ improves himself only for the benefit of himself. It's a question of motivation. Why does one continue to improve himself?

Does it all lead to women, this motivation to improve?

If there were no women, would we really all do the sh!t we do? Do we, as masculine men, really give a crap about the length of our nails or do we cut them short so the ladies don't notice long fingernails on a guy.

I can't answer that one really, at least not right now. Got a bit of a headache, I'll try later :) .

PS: I hope no one gets pissed that I'm posting these seperately, I'm just finding it a lot easier.

Originally posted by fragmentor

LOL Smooth, what's up with you today?
Hmm...beats me :D

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Broken Chords Can Still Sing a Little

Hmm... The only conclusion is that a DJ improves himself only for the benefit of himself. It's a question of motivation. Why does one continue to improve himself?
Men always seek to be better because that's what Men do. That's what separates us from the boys. Why stay mediocre? To butcher a cliché, "Mediocrity" is the best of the worst and the worst of the best. Man hasn't come so far because He's been chasing women; nay, women come as a bi-product of Man's conquest of imperfection. It's what we do, as a species.
If there were no women, would we really all do the sh!t we do? Do we, as masculine men, really give a crap about the length of our nails or do we cut them short so the ladies don't notice long fingernails on a guy.
Well I sure would, but "hygiene", for me, is necessary for being a better person.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Broken Chords Can Still Sing a Little

but "hygiene", for me, is necessary for being a better person.
I doubt, to the level you cut your nails, it can be considered hygiene. You can growout your nails pretty long without it becoming any type of concern...

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt, to the level you cut your nails, it can be considered hygiene. You can growout your nails pretty long without it becoming any type of concern...
I like to work with my hands, though, and we all know how well fingernails like to trap dirt and such. Also, they're a social turnoff, and the longer they get the more they become a hindrance.

GQ Prettyboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahahaha! I guess y`all feel threatened about what I said since y`all trying to team up. Grow some nuts!

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, sir!

hahahahaha! I guess y`all feel threatened about what I said since y`all trying to team up. Grow some nuts!
Take your own advice and look at his initial question: He asked, "What is a DJ," not "What does 'DJ' mean". I won't even bother arguing the semantics here: those are two completely different questions.

Slogan-chanting as a form of name-calling! GENIUSE!!!!11 :rolleyes: Why not try to keep the topic light and constructive? He asked a question: answer him how you see fit and be done with it. Don't ruin a discussion for others just because you feel the need to protect your vanity.

Anyway, what happened to all the bantering? I hope it's not dead already!

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Yes, sir!

Take your own advice and look at his initial question: He asked, "What is a DJ," not "What does 'DJ' mean". I won't even bother arguing the semantics here: those are two completely different questions.

Slogan-chanting as a form of name-calling! GENIUSE!!!!11 :rolleyes: Why not try to keep the topic light and constructive? He asked a question: answer him how you see fit and be done with it. Don't ruin a discussion for others just because you feel the need to protect your vanity.

Anyway, what happened to all the bantering? I hope it's not dead already!
Thank you for the respect man, much appreciated.

PS: Your the child "GQ".

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Don Juan" is a highly effective marketing tool created by this forum's administrator, Mr. Allen Thompson.

It is designed to be whatever the reader wants it to be.

In the larger scheme of things, it is unimportant whether or not someone is, or becomes, a"DJ". For "DJs" only exist within the realm of cyberspace.

It is who you are in real life that matters. Let us not forget that.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree

Originally posted by Survivor
In the larger scheme of things, it is unimportant whether or not someone is, or becomes, a"DJ". For "DJs" only exist within the realm of cyberspace.

It is who you are in real life that matters. Let us not forget that.
"[O]nly ... within the realm of cyberspace"? You seem to say that the medium through which something is given has a bearing on its content or message.

"False," say I.

Are the "great" works of literature, the thoughts and meditations of the "great" minds, etc., any less "great" because they're now on the internet? or because they're not bound strictly to some moldy old tome?

Does the Bible (the "Bible-Bible"!) have a different message because it's available in .PDF format? Does the Diamond Sutra speak to me any less because it's in a text file?

Define anything for me to the point where I can have no misgivings about what you define. Define something for me, the definition of which can and always will be absolute and not open to interpretation(s). Inclusive terms--like "DJ"--encompass non-absolutes in lieu of definite, stoic definition. They're a convenient way to categorize a person who shares a certain set of characteristics, and this, I think, was the aim of Smooth as Anything's question.

Smooth, if you wanted a list of definite characteristics, I don't think you'll have an eternally rock-solid one that's specific to any stretch of the imagination: the business of "catching" girls necessitates adaptability, so we'll never have an unchangable list of definite traits. (Oh well ;))

We're stuck to generalizations: DJing as a lifestyle deals with Life, and Life is indefinite and different to/for every person, so we're left without definites.