Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is a balanced and healthy diet??

Sayajin_Prince

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys i'm new here, i saw this health and fitness forum and i find very cool as i'm new at working out and some of my doubts are answered here. One of my main problems is that a have a big beer belly although i don't drink beer of any kind nor wine, i think it's due to the fact that i drink too much coke and sprite, but i have seen any article about that suspicion. Also my eating habits are not the best. I eat too many cakes, and fast food like mac donalds or burger king. I'm not fat, my only problem is my belly and my diet. I just don't know what i should eat, i would like to know what a body builder or someone that is working out eats/drinks at breakfast, lunch,dinner and after and before working out. If you can help me, please do so.

Thanks

Peace out

Prince

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sayajin_Prince
Hi guys i'm new here, i saw this health and fitness forum and i find very cool as i'm new at working out and some of my doubts are answered here.
Hey Sayajin_Prince,

Normally, I would suggest doing a search, since this is the one millionth time a new person is asking this same question.

But I have a better plan... Wait till Diesel reads your post!!
If you're lucky and he's not in a crappy mood, he'll answer your question.

Not only will he do this, but he'll literally grab you from your couch and push you into his Drill for newbies!! Just ask 'the lonely guy':D

Happy Boot camp my friend!!!

The Edge 'Some have it, and some don't'

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple general suggestions.

Pretty much all you should drink on a daily basis is water and skim milk. Green or black tea is also good. If you absolutely have to, ONE soda a day won't kill you.

A good diet involves a mix of:
Lean meat, like turkey, lean beef, ham, and chicken
Veggies, nice green veggies
Potato and rice
Alternate flavorings... trade the mayo and cheese for mustard and ketchup, use salt as well
Grilled food is much better for you than fried food

Cut dessert out of your diet for the most part. You don't need it man. Do not overeat, spread your meals out over the course of your day.

That's a good start to eating better.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh jeez, you got me started on Nutrition

OK, basically it depends on what your doing fitness wise at the moment for your weight. If your gaining weight, make sure you keep up a postive intake of calories. If your cutting or losing that 10 20 50 pounds you gained, make sure you keep a negative calorie intake about 20% below your RDA.

And all the while you must be getting proper nutrition, that means eating fresh and tasty food.

Foods like Lean meats (or if your a veggie guy, rice and beans) give you the Amino acids nessicary for bodily functions.

Vegetables give you the proper amounts of vitamins and minerals for a healthy metabolism and correct neuro-logical communication.

Fruits do the same as veggies, just with different quantities of vitamins and higher sugar levels.

Grains and Starches are a great source of carbohydrates, which may or may not be benefitial in your situation. And as most grain products contain seeds, they are a GREAT source of vitamins (Whole wheat bread is one example)

...Think about it, a whole plant comes from a tiny little seed. So its safe to assume that they contain the substances nessicary for life, correct?

Use dairy sparingly because of the high fat content, but make sure to get 3 servings a day. I like to drink one cup of warm milk before I sleep to get that one serving, and I eat yogurt and cheese for the others.

Things to avoid are ANY candy (a little is ok :)), ANY junk food like soda or chips, and GET RID OF THE MEGA-VITAMINS. Half the stuff in those things get passed through your system, and you can get a complete days worth of vitamins and minerals from eating correctly.

Also chew your food throughly and eat slowly when you can. Doing these things maximize nutrient uptake.

Im tired, I go to sleep now.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Diesel worshippers aside, would would like to add to the good posts so far by saying to limit your intake of salt and refined sugar.

Dont add salt to anything. Cinnamon makes a great substitute for sugar, I use it in my oatmeal for instance.

Although not necessary, if you hate vegetables or don't have the time to prepare them, I went out and bought a juicer, it really helped and I recommend it over drinking that V8 garbage.

The last time I went to a fast food joint? 3 years ago.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A box of slim jims and a case of beer. If it worked for Babe Ruth it can work for you.

Come on really, you can find info on this everywhere. Not to say that there isn't controversy over any proposed diet plan.

Heres something I keep as a motto. I eat food that makes me feel good. Ever eat food that makes you feel tired or sluggish or even worse have to run to the toilet? Avoid those foods. Ever get a sugar buzz and then crash hard? Avoid that type of stuff.

Study labels, also learn about the glycemic index of foods, it is very important. Good luck

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by xyzzy
Diesel worshippers aside
OUCH!!!

If I didn't know any better, I would think xyzzy just hurt my feelings!!:D

The Edge 'Some have it, and some don't'

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:D lol, no offense bro. I dont really mean it against you in particular, BUT...

this board is starting to sound like a broken record."Do a search!" "Read Diesel's guide!" "Awwww another newbie question, Ive read this a million times before!"

I can listen to Atlanta's 99X or some other radio station 10 states away, download the latest episode of the Simpsons if I missed it, watch some college girl get naked in front of her webcam, look at the Mt. Fuji cam and see if its cloudy, download a satellite image of a house if I know the address...You know, its the fvcking internet, of COURSE you can run a search. Or go out and buy a book. Or read somebody's post they did 8 months ago.

Somebody asked a question and it should be to their benefit of our knowledge and experience to answer it.

Otherwise just replace this board with Diesel's bulking and cutting guide and be done with it. :rolleyes:

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by xyzzy

this board is starting to sound like a broken record."Do a search!" "Read Diesel's guide!" "Awwww another newbie question, Ive read this a million times before!"

I can listen to Atlanta's 99X or some other radio station 10 states away, download the latest episode of the Simpsons if I missed it, watch some college girl get naked in front of her webcam, look at the Mt. Fuji cam and see if its cloudy, download a satellite image of a house if I know the address...You know, its the fvcking internet, of COURSE you can run a search. Or go out and buy a book. Or read somebody's post they did 8 months ago.

Somebody asked a question and it should be to their benefit of our knowledge and experience to answer it.

Otherwise just replace this board with Diesel's bulking and cutting guide and be done with it. :rolleyes:
It should also be to the benefit of this entire board that people stop asking the same questions. Seriously, with the amount of time people spend typing their question and then reading the replies later they could have easily done a search and gotten the same answer quicker along with there being less "clutter" that you are apparently so fond of. DIESEL did make a very good post. It does not answer ALL the questions but there are plenty of resources for people to search on this site to get their answer.