Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What if she insists on paying? good or bad sign

violator

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night I went out on a first date with some chick I met last week. What threw me off is that she insisted on paying for her drinks, not that it is unusual.

The thing is most girls I have gone out with, even the ones that proved to have high IL, let me pay when I invite them out.

I have heard that a chick insists on paying for two totally opposite reasons:

1. She likes you and is being considerate and polite and wants to give you a good impression. (good sign)

2. She does not want you to think that she owes you something in the end like sex and is basically putting you in the friend zone. (bad sign)

Also, this chick seems to have money so it may be that she is showing her independence.

Any comments?

Reaction score
is this thread a joke?? are you kidding??

And they call me a pimp/or Mack.

Letting a girl pay is ok kid. It's called being pimp-tight. It's one of the standard rules of being pimp-tight is that you only go out if she pays.

I know I know your not into that...your here to work on ya self and become a great DJ..

But it's still ok to let a woman pay...it shows high interest level.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thumb rule no. 1for a DJ:

Do what makes you happy.

She wants to pay?
Hell yeah! You just saved 20bucks!
She invites you over to her penthouse at Berlin?
Hell yeah! This ***** knows how to treat a DJ!
She buys you clothes?
Hell yeah! Though its a inch big though...

Thumb rule no.2 for a DJ

Assume she is interested

Did she pay because she is interested?
**** yeah! You have a ***** that will sustain you while you sit at the couch watching tv!!
Did she invite me to her penthouse at Berlin because she feels pitty?
**** no! The ***** thinks that with money she has you! Stick to her! You might as well f*ck quality girls while you travel all around the world!
Are my clothes that ugly? She bought me clothes?!
Yeah, your clothes suck, but thats why you rock. It took her long to start buying you clothes! Who do she thinks she is? You want her to sustain you allready!!

Rule thumb no.3

Learn to leave

She does whatever thing you dont like, dont find cool, doesnt make your boat sail, whatever...
Guess what it is you do?

You leave!
Voila!
Rules for a DJ, if you dont know the DJ way, you can mess up by JBYing, etc

HollowHorizon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ATTENTTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When, a girl pays it means she is independent. This seems to be good becuse you saved $$,

What i am saying is this girl posseses the independence and thinks very highly of themselves in a way that they belive most guys want them...Why is this a bad thing????

1. Being so idependent she often will refuse your genours gifts ,meaning she will reject what you give,for memories or whatnot.

2.Becuse she relys on herself she is less adaptive and responsive to you becuse of lack of expirence due to bad past expirence.

3.She could be just shy to take your money(Not a bad thing)

How can this be good

1. Save Money

2.She could be paying to get in your pants or just in your thoughts

3. She may be rich

So you choose what you wanna do fellow PIMP's :

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she wants to pay, let her. You're there to have fun, not to ruin the vibe by arguing over a trivial thing. And by the way, she can still be interested and want to pay.

violator

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you guys are missing the point. Of course it is always good that she pays.

But, the the issue here is whether she is putting you in the friend zone by wanting to pay. Or by letting you pay is she giving you the romantic role of the male taking the lead, and thus seeing you more than just friends?

Befuddled

Don Juan
Reaction score
I almost got my head bitten off by a chick over this matter. We are just friends, and we were heading to a movie when she asks me about it. So i say, id prefer to go dutch on the first few dates...and that was it. Funny thing was that i paid for her at the movie, not because i had to but because i wanted to...but she wouldnt let it go.....not like i was taking her out. Oh well....
I'm probably a cheap-skate anyway. :p

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Violator,

I don't think that you letting her pay, or not pay will have anything to do with whether she puts you in the 'friend zone' or not and if it does, then you have found yourself a genuine golddigger.

The thing is most girls I have gone out with, even the ones that proved to have high IL, let me pay when I invite them out.
LOL!!! They 'let' you pay... I feel so privileged when a girl lets me pay for everything

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of chicks who will pay just so they don't "owe" you anything.

But like you said Violator, there are a number of reasons why she might want to pay her share, pick up the whole tab etc. especially on a first date.

At this point, you don't know her reason so keep pushing up on her. If she isn't really interested, she'll let you know one way or the other.

But sometimes these kind of chicks who don't like owing you anything, will carry that M.O. into a relationship as well. For some reason, it just keeps coming up on how she doesn't owe you anything just because you did ... whatever.

Hemingway

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another test of her I.L.

Also, this chick seems to have money so it may be that she is showing her independence.
I'm an older guy, so the women I date are more traditional, and have their own money. So whenever she says, "can I pay half?" I always say with a big grin, "Hell, you can pick up the whole tab." Just as a test of her interest level. If she laughs and picks up the check, I know I'm in there.