Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What happened to Masculinity????

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lols i just realised this.

Around 15 years ago just at the start of the manosphere i remember there was a huge online space around masculinity in the manosphere. This was stuff like Art of manliness, RooshV's Neomasculinity (which didnt take off) etc.

This was a discussion on how to find a place for masculinity in the modern world. In those days we understood that a major problem in society and to some extent a motivation of the manosphere was to rekindle masculinity in a modern world seeking to remove it and hence displace masculine men.

But somehow somewhere all that discussion died.

Now in 2024 evry thing is messed up. Those earlier questions around the displacement of masculinity and masculine values from modern society have died.

I just had the epiphany that this is exactly the cause of the problems of the modern world especially the modern west.

I do consider myself a 'high energy masculine' type of guy. I need strong energy to be stable and i find i have too much energy for most people. This causes me to have issues in modern society workplaces family social groups etc.

I know that the mental and psychological issuea of current modern society are very much related to masculine men not having a place.

In a way we foresaw this time 15 years ago and this is what we were afraid of.

Things moved kinda fast since those days and the displacement of masculine values and role models from society was not addressed.

Evrything else exists in society except a place for masculine energy.

The corporate business and capitalism world has become even more female centric as we had feared.

But women are seriously unhappy and messed up. High energy masculine men like myself have no place and i am finding it hard to fit in with the low energy and toxic attitudes of most 'normies'.

But masculine men are always needed by society. Today it is not to fight wars so much, not even to do hard work like building infrastructure etc but simply to fix the broken system and save civilization.

Thoughts?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is certainly true. Our focus has shifted to "how to get laid" and "what did I do wrong on this date". We have stopped discussing deeper topics like masculinity, mindset, philosophy, etc, that ironically will lead to a better sex life.

The root of many problems in the manosphere is not the dating market and how horrible women are, is how we as men fundamentally think and act.

You see, we have effectively transitioned to a "blaming society". It is a whole lot easier to point fingers outward rather than inward.

NoBiscuits

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've mentioned before that the Manosphere could be something more if we work towards it for the next generation. I think it's doable, so long as personal egos get sacrificed in favor of real world change through teamwork.

Even if it can be brought back to the levels of activity it once had, words alone can only go so far. When times are legitimately difficult, then a blogosphere, youtube playlist, and other philosophical or motivational content creation isn't enough to actually fix any problems.

I think that what is masculine or not can't be decided on in any theoretical discussions online. I think the title of masculine will be awarded to those who can effectively solve our major social problems and put themselves in charge.

Last edited: