What happened to Backbreaker?

Reaction score
Why can't a young man be successful without criticism? He had confidence that only a young kid with his success could have! He didn't like criticism and had a short-wick but that is who he is - and maybe this is the trait that made him successful! I take it that you posted this thread to piss him off, and to bring him back for his retaliatory remarks!!

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
At first, I liked BB. I disagreed with some of the things he said. He did especially later become kind of nasty and condescending etc. Thats' not what's of any concern to me. What is a concern is, if he has a credibility issue (about his successes) than he has a credibility issue and people should know that if they're following someone's advice. Whether he's credibile or not does not really matter to me since I can way any person's advice in matters I have some experience with. It's in matters where I one does ahve adequate experience it could be a problem. I don't have an opinion on how good is advice was, but I don't think was a KJ.

X-ecution

Don Juan
Reaction score
as a long time lurker. the guy seemed pretty cool at first. he had some extreme views and claims, but over all he knew what he was doing it seemed.

the guy was a pompous prick though, no lie. and he did have some hhuge credibility issues; which, on the internet, is very important because is is your only base of proof. if you're caught in a lie on one thing, it basically pulls down everything that you claimed to be fact.

BB's post are more inspirational than anything, because now i doubt that they are fact. but take from them what you will.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Typing is only one thing dude lol.

The skill of typing and the ability to be coherent are completely different things. I'm a professional software developer (I pay the bills this way) who is trusted by a company everyone here would probably recognize to design and lead the execution of large software projects. *I* cannot touch type.

I can however organize my thoughts into a coherent form.

This last skill is what BB seemed to lack and is what always made his claim of being a software millionaire seem unlikely. I've known hundreds of people in software. Precisely zero were incoherent or disorganized in their thinking.

As for the truth of what BB really is/was and the rest I really don't care, it doesn't seem relevant to anything that affects me. I don't miss him, and if he came back I wouldn't mind. Completely and perfectly ambivalent. :)