"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

what happend? and what should I have done?

slims999

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Dallas
Went to Shuck N Jive last night in Carrollton (if anybody from the dallas area is familiar with it, go there, small but CRAZY on thursdays and ok on sundays.)

Anyway, forget the mild advertisement.

I drank there with some friends then they had to leave at about 1030, so they left and some other friends showed up at just about the same time. SOOO, I'm coming back from the bathroom (like the 2nd time already) and I see this chick who I was eyeing, but she was to the back of me, so its not like there was eye contact...

Anyway as I'm coming back from the bathroom I see her friend has left the table so as I walked around the table (I was drunk) I made eye contact with her and kinda slapped the table then sorta leaned on it. Shook hands, found out she wasnt going to college OR working, then this came out of my mouth...

(It was something of this effect) "Alright well I'm 2 tables over, come on over later and I'll buy you a drink"

She replied "Alright, well maybe so." Then smiled.

Of course she never came over and I wasnt about to go begging for her to come over again, so she left and thats the end of the story...

So did I come on too hard? Not enough?

Go talk to her again?
Make more eye contact around going to the bathroom?

Thanks.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

bignick79

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Actually, it wasn't too bad, i think the only problem with your approach could have been the way you slammed your hand on the table. That was kinda unnessesary. I think it kinda made you look outta control. Girls want a guy that can drink, but still be in control. If you talked to her, have a good "get to know you" session and telling her that your at another table and if she wants to come over, that was actually pretty good cuz it put the ball in her court to do something, how long did you talk to her before you walked away??

Big Nick
 

slims999

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Dallas
2 mins

It was about a 2 minute conversation, but yes I did put the ball in her court... :)
 

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,657
Reaction score
104
Location
Canada
You were drunk, and not too many chicks go for a drunk dude that is banging at her table and asking if she could join you?

Your didn't get eye contact - bad

You snuck up behind a chick and surprised her -bad

you didn't have anything cleaver or funny to say and you banged on the table- bad

you offered her a bribe as a drink to join you at your table -that spells D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n. - bad

You were drunk - she smiled at you because she wanted to get rid of you -bad

Read the Dj Bible on approaches - because you didn't achieve nothing. (sorry but youv got to work on your game)
 

Flawless

New Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
|..Road To Perfection..|
Originally posted by DJDamage
You were drunk, and not too many chicks go for a drunk dude that is banging at her table and asking if she could join you?

Your didn't get eye contact - bad

You snuck up behind a chick and surprised her -bad

you didn't have anything cleaver or funny to say and you banged on the table- bad

you offered her a bribe as a drink to join you at your table -that spells D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n. - bad

You were drunk - she smiled at you because she wanted to get rid of you -bad

Read the Dj Bible on approaches - because you didn't achieve nothing. (sorry but youv got to work on your game)
^Perfectly Said..

But I Think The Main Thing Was That You Were Drunk...Not A Good Thing..
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
Agreed with above posts.

Also, as i was reading that.. i couldnt help but think of an old western movie.. where the "drunk" guy.. walks around thinking he is the Sh*t.. and then he gets beaten up.

Imagination ran a little bit off the rails.
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
****. sorry com spoilt. keeps posting and posting.
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
things you did wrong:

approach her when you were drunk.

told her you'd buy her a drink (implying that she cant support herself and is a poor little girl, when she wants to be thought of as independant and capable of buying her own drinks...)

learn from your mistakes... and dont approach when DRUNK. a little alcohol is good, too much and you act like a pvssy.
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
and another thing... go easy with the table banging.
 

slims999

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Dallas
Originally posted by jakeyboy


told her you'd buy her a drink (implying that she cant support herself and is a poor little girl, when she wants to be thought of as independant and capable of buying her own drinks...)

Her friend was buying her drinks... also she said she had no job, and no school.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top