Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What?! Don't Pay for her Dinner!?

SamRi72

Don Juan
Reaction score
"What?! Don't get her dinner?" My mum exclaimed. She was baffled at my statement that I was planning to have my prom date buy the dinner since I bought the tickets. It really has me thinking though: should I buy the dinner too?

Before this site Junior year, I was completely clueless and went stag because I had no idea on how to talk to women let alone ask them to dances. Now, I am a Senior and using the DJ method infused with my passion for acting and comedy and I'm going with a rather attractive girl who I feel is cool enough to go with me. I'm just wondering if this part of the method is really viable.

Have her buy the dinner since I bought the tickets: Can some more experienced DJs tell me if I have the right idea? Also, if I am buying, what's the coolest situation you can think of?

Sarge on,
Samri72

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd tell her if she brings the munchies. I'll bring the donkey! :woo: :D

Honestly, I don't know if you should pay. If you want to than do it, you don't need to buy her an exspensive dinner though. Or you could say "I'm short on cash cause of the tickets so if you want to go out for dinner you should help me pay." Or something of that nature.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The DJ rules don't say to avoid paying; they say that whoever pays should be relatively unimportant compared to how well the date goes.

I think the real question is, Why the hell did you pay for her ticket? A man is often expected to pay for dinner. I could understand if you paid for her dinner. But why would you buy her prom ticket? Unless she's younger than you and wouldn't be going otherwise...

If she is a sophomore/freshman who wouldn't otherwise be attending, then be willing to pay for everything unless she volunteers. After all, you did invite her. (If she volunteers, let her help out)

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or you could say "I'm short on cash cause of the tickets so if you want to go out for dinner you should help me pay." Or something of that nature.
wise suggestion

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pay for the damn dinner. The entire point of the "don't pay for dinner" topic was to stop guys from dropping 100-150 bucks per dinner (on a first date) thinking that it's going to make a damn difference whether he gets laid or not. You're a man. If you're interested in a woman and offer to take her out, pay for her. Open her car door, pull her chair out for her. Be a man.

By making it a point to NOT pay for dinner it looks like either:

a) You're broke, sorry, or cheap.

b) You're trying to hard to prove to her that you don't put her on a pedestal, which actually does just that...proves that you have to go out of your way in order to make you feel "equal" to a woman that you actually perceive to be above you.

Dating isn't that hard guys.

SamRi72

Don Juan
Reaction score
Money really isn't an issue. I just had an experience where I took a girl with a very high interest level to Winter Formal and paid for everything. Afterward, she lost all respect for me. It made no sense. Then, I read that if you pay for everything, women won't respect you. Something clicked.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
superchill89 said:
just pay for her . trust me, at the end of the night she's not gonna be like "i was about to let this guy **** the sh1t out of me, but he paid for my prom dinner so he must be a wuss.."
Exactly. And if you can't afford a fancy dinner just downgrade it with confidence. Once I took a girl to Walmart for a first date and we had a lot of fun. Another time I took a girl to a diner for our first date. We would up seeing each other for 4 months and to this day she remains one of my best friends.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamRi72 said:
Money really isn't an issue. I just had an experience where I took a girl with a very high interest level to Winter Formal and paid for everything. Afterward, she lost all respect for me. It made no sense. Then, I read that if you pay for everything, women won't respect you. Something clicked.
I can assure you that you paying for her isn't what made her lose respect for you. You did something else wrong or the connection just wasn't what you thought it was.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've met a few girls insist on paying but i never let them...

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
xblitz44x said:
You're a man. If you're interested in a woman and offer to take her out, pay for her. Open her car door, pull her chair out for her. Be a man.
:rolleyes: Jesus, no need to question the guys manhood if he questions doing that sh!t. Piss weak advice if I've ever seen it.

And your wrong on another account, thats not a man thats a "gentleman" and as we all know died out with yo yo's and the Bee Gees. Of better yet technically when "ladies" ceased to exist. 1917?? give or take.

2 beers, a hot dog and bowling game is what I've sprung in my whole 31 years of "courting" the opposite sex, and I've never gone without clam..you do the math.

Car door, chair? yeah maybe if YOU can assed and she's proven worthy enough, the rest of that fossilised sh!t? Very questionable indeed. Goes ten fold for untapped chicks.

Am I still "man" enough though?........wank.

xblitz44x said:
Once I took a girl to Walmart for a first date and we had a lot of fun.
Oh you crazy devil.

I expect T.V drilling the "be a man" mantra into young mens heads (take it up the ass whilst holding your wallet out for her) bur coming from someone that should know better? shameful. Destini fvckin 9 goon.

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think we're all forgetting that this kid is in high school, and he's going to prom, which from what i understand in his post, she's pretty much in the bag regardless.

My Advice: Ask your mom for a couple extra bucks, buy her an INEXPENSIVE dinner e.g. Red Robin or AppleBee's (moreso to be classy and make your prom a lil more memorable), and make sure u wrap up Jimmy at the end of the night. Best case scenario, you have a threesome.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me post a story up here for some young bucks to read up on:

I was on an internet forum and this guy 'got lucky' he managed to finally get a date some sub par bird, but since he was all intents and purposes a total AFC, he was lucky to finally get a date (his words not mine).

I knew it would go wank, i paid attention to his rambling posts on this said site and watched how he glorified this chick before he had even taken her out or met her off the site, he was AFC to the core.

anway he takes her out and posts this:
(not exact but you get the jist)

I took the girl out and we had a great time, i took her to a resturant and paid for her meal, we then went on to a few bars and i baught her drinks all night, she was really nice and we even started kissing towards the end of the night, to be even more of a gentleman i offered to pay for her taxi home and she accepted.

The guy was over the moon he thought he had made a great impression, he had his hopes so high and his interest level was in the clouds.

I could not help to post this is reply to bring the poor smuck back to earth with a thump!

We live in the age where men and women are on the same wages, dont believe the feminist hype about women on lower pay e.t.c most of my bosses have been female on very high wages. Now what concerns me is the fact you paid for the meal and you then procceeded to pay for all the drinks and the full night out, hey not so bad, but your on a meger salarie i know from your profile you will be lucky to push 1k a month. Now this is an expensive date, the fact this chick ALLOWED you to pay for it all is not a good sign, then the WORST in all, when you offered to get her taxi she ACCEPTED, that to me is a sure sign she is using you like a real chump and your reward was a few kisses here and there. Sorry bro! this bird is not going to work out.

I got flammed to high heven by women and mangena men stating he was a gentlemen and he did right and i dont know what i was talking about, even the guy started getting abusive towards me when i stated she used him, his fragile ego could not take it.

Two days later:

he posts:
I have been in tears, she sent me a message saying:
I had a great night and you where very sweet but i cant see us being anything but friends.

he also said, jonwon was right i should have listened to him! Yes he should have done, or he should have not felt the need to impress with his wallet.