Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
If she thinks about you alot, then she is not thinking about her b'f is she!
What does this tell you?
If I knew that my girl said that to another dude, I would take that as a direct sign that we are no longer together and that she has cheating on her mind and will be with dude in due time!!
As always, you're a little extreme, PRL, but I basically agree that her bf, if he were to know what she said, should probably question what he's doing with her.
However, I don't think marshman is really too concerned with her bf

I think you're gently implying that this girl is of the 'hor' mentality, and therefore that marshman should dismiss this girl as such. I could be wrong, but assuming that IS what you're thinking, I have to disagree. She is clearly, albeit in a respectful way, rejecting him. Maybe she does fancy him, but she can't help those feelings really, and she's being pretty good IMO by turning him down. Let's just hope she's not stringing her bf along if she starts getting stronger feelings for other guys. But for now, I don't think she's being too bad.
Anyyyyway, marshman, what she told you is probably the mildest possible form of rejection. She could be totally B.S.'ing, and not ever think of you or care at all. Or she could even like you, but is still attatched to her bf. We don't know, and you probably won't really know, either. So don't worry about that aspect; there's nothing you can do about it.
Very rarely do women leave a relationship for another man based on what that 'other man' asks her to do. It's almost always a combination of the 'other guy''s charm and her bf's screwing up. And her bf usually has to screw up for a while, too. So it takes a long time.
I'm telling you that to show that it's out of your hands, and that it's generally a waste of time to pursue an involved chick.
My advice is to put your romantic ambitions for this chick aside and start pursuing other chicks. However, there is nothing wrong with keeping in contact with this girl. Maybe she breaks up with her bf, and then you'll get your shot. But be aware that you run the risk of getting 'one-itis' (desperation and hopeless infatuation over one girl, usually one you can't get) if you hang around her. The best way to avoid that is to keep busy in your life and to pursue other women. While you're doing all of that you can still talk to her every now and then. Though if you are currently talking to her a LOT (which you probably are) I would advise to cut back on that some.
Hope this helps. Post anytime you need help, we're all here to help. Also, you can PM or IM me (my AIM name is in my profile i think).
Good luck- -E-Z