Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you think of this OLD strategy?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
As you know on OLD I mostly message women older than me. 38 on up. Big reason is very few pre wall in this region on OLD unless they're very fat or damaged goods. In addition I seem to do okay when I message post wall and even cougars I get more dates with them anyway.

Since I want to focus on age 38 on up, really more like 40 to 46 seems I do better with so with that being said I was wondering on the bottom of my profile I should like explain why I prefer women at the min my age or older and state something like for maturity reasons and not into the party scene and stuff.

That way they don't think you're a horny younger guy simply going for them in order to screw them or out of desperation but looking for someone more mature and serious.

Just something I thought of. Since I have decent reply rates with the cougarish ages I can look to improve on that part. Of course if I lived in a major city I wouldn't even go after cougars due to all the pre wall, but since that's nearly non existent in my area I must work with what's available.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you're looking for advice to represent a persona that you do not actually posses. (you're not really into older women, and are only open to them due to your limitations).

I'm not putting you down for broadening your possibilities, but I am putting you down for seeking advice here on how to deceive.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like you're looking for advice to represent a persona that you do not actually posses. (you're not really into older women, and are only open to them due to your limitations).

I'm not putting you down for broadening your possibilities, but I am putting you down for seeking advice here on how to deceive.
I see where you're coming from but women lie all the time, especially on OLD anyway. It's trench war far.

And maturity is seriously a factor for me too. Relationship wise a hot 20 year old versus a hot 39 year old I'd take the hot 39 year old. Less likely to cheat.

Serenity

Reaction score
That way they don't think you're a horny younger guy simply going for them in order to screw them or out of desperation
Apart from the desperation part, what's wrong with that? I'm sure most of them are on there simply to fvck anyways. You're using niceguy logic, it won't work. If you want to fvck you should say you want to fvck. Only the desperate would think of trying to make women think you want something more serious when all you really want is to fvck, it's a cliche at this point, it's that obvious. Everyone on OLD wants to fvck, they just don't want to fvck everyone.

I see where you're coming from but women lie all the time, especially on OLD anyway. It's trench war far.
Imagine everyone using that logic "it's okay to lie, because others lie". Lots of guys lie too, women could very well argue the same, I'll bet you won't accept their reasoning the same way you accept your own.

And maturity is seriously a factor for me too. Relationship wise a hot 20 year old versus a hot 39 year old I'd take the hot 39 year old. Less likely to cheat.
Lol, less likely? Nope.

Last edited:

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Age is just a number. I know 50 year old women who act like teenagers.

Also, having an OLD “strategy” is f-ing stupid. What do you need a strategy for? It’s simple sh-t. If you see a woman you are attracted to, message her. You’re only limiting yourself because of your insecurities.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Apart from the desperation part, what's wrong with that? I'm sure most of them are on there simply to fvck anyways. You're using niceguy logic, it won't work. If you want to fvck you should say you want to fvck. Only the desperate would think of trying to make women think you want something more serious when all you really want is to fvck, it's a cliche at this point, it's that obvious. Everyone on OLD wants to fvck, they just don't want to fvck everyone.

Imagine everyone using that logic "it's okay to lie, because others lie". Lots of guys lie too, they could very well argue the same, I'll bet you won't accept their reasoning the same way you accept your own.

Lol, less likely? Nope.
If they want to fvck why do these cougars reply and go on dates with me versus someone older closer to their age?

Serenity

Reaction score
If they want to fvck why do these cougars reply and go on dates with me versus someone older closer to their age?
Do you really have to ask? Obviously they're into younger guys. Besides, what do you know about them not also going on dates with older men?

On OLD (and dating in general) there are multiple options, choosing to date you doesn't exclude others, but she's not gonna tell you about the others she also chose to date.

You make it sound like it's single choice, it's most definitely not. Sorry, you're not special.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Do you really have to ask? Obviously they're into younger guys. Besides, what do you know about them not also going on dates with older men?

On OLD (and dating in general) there are multiple options, choosing to date you doesn't exclude others, but she's not gonna tell you about the others she also chose to date.

You make it sound like it's single choice, it's most definitely not. Sorry, you're not special.
That teacher goes on dates with older men. Her ex was older than her and the current guy she's been seeing for 3 weeks now is also a bit older than her. Most of these women on their OLD profiles preference wise, even the older ones like if they're 45 they list looking for ages 46 to 62. Seldom you see them looking for younger.

I f*cked an OLD date up a few months back that was likely a second or latest third date lay. That dinner date that she even wanted to plan a second date while on the first date. But then she was slow to text because she was out of town and when she got back had a friends party so I kinda blasted her for her slow replies to texting and she blew up and said no second date and that I was a jerk. This was HB7. It seems I screw up in texting after the first date.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Get off of the personal ads, for a while, and just work on you...until you no longer feel the need to game women who'd be more comfortable hanging out with your mother.

But if you want an OLD strategy from an old guy who wouldn't do OLD, tell them you're just looking for someone who wants to laugh, and save the crying for funerals, and who doesn't believe in sex on the first date, and who'd be okay just meeting for coffee, to get to know each other, a little, before jumping into bed.
I also think it's the TYPE of OLD site too. Sites like Tinder, POF, Bumble, OKC the free sites versus the high dollar sites like Eharmoney, match, Catholic Singles is going to attract typically a more mature older crowd than Tinder and different type of people. Those more expensive paid sites seem to have people looking for actual longer term relationships and more sh** test too to pass because of it. Look at the ages on Tinder versus Match for example.

FJA

Don Juan
Reaction score
That teacher goes on dates with older men. Her ex was older than her and the current guy she's been seeing for 3 weeks now is also a bit older than her. Most of these women on their OLD profiles preference wise, even the older ones like if they're 45 they list looking for ages 46 to 62. Seldom you see them looking for younger.

I f*cked an OLD date up a few months back that was likely a second or latest third date lay. That dinner date that she even wanted to plan a second date while on the first date. But then she was slow to text because she was out of town and when she got back had a friends party so I kinda blasted her for her slow replies to texting and she blew up and said no second date and that I was a jerk. This was HB7. It seems I screw up in texting after the first date.
Texting (and also messaging by OLD-sites) can kill fast, it happened to me also. I think the strategy only to use it to make appointments to meet is the best, less risk, the non-verbal part is missing in these ways of communication and it seems to be very important.

I would not write anything on OLD about why you are looking here for older women, let them guess why you contact them.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Texting (and also messaging by OLD-sites) can kill fast, it happened to me also. I think the strategy only to use it to make appointments to meet is the best, less risk, the non-verbal part is missing in these ways of communication and it seems to be very important.

I would not write anything on OLD about why you are looking here for older women, let them guess why you contact them.
I think with OLD it's okay to exchange a couple messages. Usually after a couple replies I just go right in and ask for their number and make up an excuse if it's easier to text. If they don't want to give their number then it's NEXT. if they do give it out I know they're serious about wanting to meet up eventually. Plus if I get their number I look them up on spy dailer and then I go on facebook and google and see their REAL pics. This has saved me from dates with women who were land whales once I saw more pics on facebook.

Maybe then on OLD just change my preferences to that age group then. the other issues is the question about wanting kids. If you say YES on the profile that will kill your chances with a cougar.

I might wait closer to the summer to try this cougar strategy, especially when school's out. It seems in the summer and earlier fall OLD has much much more women on it. Even younger ones too since a lot of them are teachers. In the summer it's a lot easier to get numbers and such too. Many of these women are bored, especially the teachers. Even OKC was buzzin too.

FJA

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think with OLD it's okay to exchange a couple messages. Usually after a couple replies I just go right in and ask for their number and make up an excuse if it's easier to text. If they don't want to give their number then it's NEXT. if they do give it out I know they're serious about wanting to meet up eventually. Plus if I get their number I look them up on spy dailer and then I go on facebook and google and see their REAL pics. This has saved me from dates with women who were land whales once I saw more pics on facebook.

Maybe then on OLD just change my preferences to that age group then. the other issues is the question about wanting kids. If you say YES on the profile that will kill your chances with a cougar.

I might wait closer to the summer to try this cougar strategy, especially when school's out. It seems in the summer and earlier fall OLD has much much more women on it. Even younger ones too since a lot of them are teachers. In the summer it's a lot easier to get numbers and such too. Many of these women are bored, especially the teachers. Even OKC was buzzin too.
You are right about messaging by OLD, it´s ok to build some connection/comfort, but also less messages, if the want to know something about you, they can check your profile or speak about it while having a drink. Whatsapp etc, really only to set up/confirm/cancel a meeting, sometimes for something funny. I do the same, ask for their number, if they don´t want to give it or don´t answer, I move on. The I´m only here for validation girl, that´s the type who is not giving you her phone nr, serious ones wil give it if they see some connection.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
You are right about messaging by OLD, it´s ok to build some connection/comfort, but also less messages, if the want to know something about you, they can check your profile or speak about it while having a drink. Whatsapp etc, really only to set up/confirm/cancel a meeting, sometimes for something funny. I do the same, ask for their number, if they don´t want to give it or don´t answer, I move on. The I´m only here for validation girl, that´s the type who is not giving you her phone nr, serious ones wil give it if they see some connection.
True. Some really are uneasy about giving it out so soon. I've had that a few times I've asked and they declined because they said it was too early and never hear from them again or they block you. Then heck with them.

I had that on the facebook dating app the other day. I commented on a cute brunette's pic. She liked me back so then started talking to her and she said she just moved here and exchanged some replies. I did as I said above and asked for a number if it's easier to chat that way and if we can meet up for a drink or coffee. So far no reply.

I don't use Skype or Whatsapp. Either texting or we don't talk. I also won't meet someone who won't give their number out before a first date. Good chance they will flake.

Usually cougars are also more dependable though and don't flake. I did have a couple MILF cougars soft ghost though. One was a 42 yr old teacher with kids. Was in a hurry to throw her number at me and would send me daily selfies and she the same day even asked if we could have a drink on so so day. I couldn't meet on her selected night for drinks. Asked to switch and then she kept making excuses and eventually just quit talking to me after a couple weeks. Another one was same age in Tampa, 95 miles away. Texted her eyeballs off at me and wanted to meet. Offered to meet her half way then she said she needed a baby sitter. She wanted me to drive up there for a first date!

Other than that the cougars seem to keep their word more and won't be quite as flakey.

Reactions: FJA

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
When you state a preference for older women, I doubt it increases your cougar-bait factor.

Imagine you meet a 22 year old hottie, whose every male companion is a 25 year old stud, and she suddenly expresses an a-typical romantic interest in YOU, assuming she comes from a wealthy family, and isn't looking to be taken care of, how does her interest in you make you feel?

Now, if you were to meet the same 22 year old hottie, but all her male companions are 40+ career-established men, when she expresses a romantic interests you, you won't feel special; you'll just think she either has a fetish (at best) or is looking for another sugar daddy.

It's just my opinion, as someone who's never done OLD, but it seems to me that you don't gain any points by identifying yourself as someone with a possible Oedipus complex, or who just can't attract younger women.

If I were you, I wouldn't state a preference for older women, but would just state a flexibility on the age issue, "because an active 45 year old is better than an inert 25 year old....blah, blah, blah..."
Most under 35 on old around here I don't message because they're fat and have tattoos. Sure you see a select few okay ones but they'll either be head cases or have 100 Chad's hitting them up so dont even bother wasting time.

38 to 44 seems to be the sweet spot for looks here.

In other threads on here guys complain about hardly ever getting replies or any luck on old but then you see they're only messaging women under 30. We even have some bulked decent looking guys on here griping. I bet if they expanded their age range they would do a lot better instead of searching for that elusive co ed.

Besides any hot 22 year old is not going to be using old unless they got head issues. They have a social circle and exposed to friends and such. They dont need old.

I'll say it again a hot 42 year old is better than a fat 25 year old. Yet we have forum users on here who say they'd take the 25 year old fatty all because she has a tight savvy. Talk about self respect.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Weak.

Your whole OLD strategy is weak. You need to learn social skills. You need to interact with real people, not their profiles.
Everyone here is bored of your neverending BS stories. Even me, a member for only a few months.

At least try talking to women in person. We'll at least get a new story and might actually respect you a bit.

Also on that subject, do you approach 50 year old women on the street? I bet you don't. Then why do you think it's gonna work online? It won't.

Be honest with women and your whole life will change. It changed my life too.
Do you think it's scary to go towards a beautiful woman and tell her what you want with her? It's not, because you're telling her the truth. How can truth embarass you?

You are scared to approach because all you want to do is lie to them, to trick her into...buying you icecream or whatever.
Try being honest and see how that feels.

Serenity

Reaction score
Seldom you see them announcing to the world that they're looking for younger, doesn't mean they're not looking.

FJA

Don Juan
Reaction score

Weak.

Your whole OLD strategy is weak. You need to learn social skills. You need to interact with real people, not their profiles.
Everyone here is bored of your neverending BS stories. Even me, a member for only a few months.

At least try talking to women in person. We'll at least get a new story and might actually respect you a bit.

Also on that subject, do you approach 50 year old women on the street? I bet you don't. Then why do you think it's gonna work online? It won't.

Be honest with women and your whole life will change. It changed my life too.
Do you think it's scary to go towards a beautiful woman and tell her what you want with her? It's not, because you're telling her the truth. How can truth embarass you?

You are scared to approach because all you want to do is lie to them, to trick her into...buying you icecream or whatever.
Try being honest and see how that feels.
Only OLD is fine, being clear in what you want is important. As I already wrote in another thread, once I had a situation with a 8 out of 10 points girl. No sex after 2 dates, she was acting cold, totally. After some weeks of no contact I wrote her let's meet again, but than we are going to fvck. 2 days later she replied with ok, and we did it. Of course this way I tried was very badass, but I made clear that we are not going to meet to become good friends. I got what I want.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only OLD is fine, being clear in what you want is important. As I already wrote in another thread, once I had a situation with a 8 out of 10 points girl. No sex after 2 dates, she was acting cold, totally. After some weeks of no contact I wrote her let's meet again, but than we are going to fvck. 2 days later she replied with ok, and we did it. Of course this way I tried was very badass, but I made clear that we are not going to meet to become good friends. I got what I want.
You are proving my point.
I said HIS OLD strategy is weak. Because he's dumb trying to lie to my grandma.
You probably tactfully made your intentions clear, which is the reason behind your succes.

Reactions: FJA

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
If younger, non mentally ill women aren't using OLD, maybe you shouldn't be, either. Just sayin'...
They did at one time but the pervs and just sheer number of guys due to the invention of smartphones have drove a lot of them away. You have tons of guys on it but a lot fewer women. Certainly a lot less on there.