what do you think of this e-mail to get a phone number?

chrisgoodrich25

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started posting about this on another thread..I thought maybe some of you might get a good laugh out of it and or comment on wheather this was right or wrong thing to send to get the number...
........So a little while back I was at spectators..the sports bar..I was kinda drunk when I went to use the bathroom..I was checking out some **** on my phone and I droped the ****ing thing in the urinal..now the toilet was pretty gross..you know how they can be at the bars..so I looked around..and didn't see anyone...so I rolled up my sleeve.....and grabbed my phone..It was so gross..I actually started to get sick thinking about what I just did so I ran to the sink..(gaging) and rinsed off my phone..Long story short the phone was capoot..and I lost all my numbers..anywho I got a new phone and am updating the list and I remembered you saying how your a really big myspace fan and low behold thier arn't but a few nathania's here in buque..so hit me back with your number and let me know how you been..peace

I intended it to be funny..and had deleted her number for the NO CONTACT but changed my mind..so I sent this..so far she hasn't read it..what do you think?

base2ball2boy2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have NEVER sent this in an email. Jokes aren't as funny read as told.

When you tell a joke, a lot of it comes from your facial expression, tone, body movements, etc. When someone reads it, it loses it's zeal.

Unless you included A LOT of detail, then it probably won't go over as funny as it would have been spoken orally.

Hate to burst your bubble...

chrisgoodrich25

Don Juan
Reaction score
base2ball2boy2 said:
I would have NEVER sent this in an email. Jokes aren't as funny read as told.

When you tell a joke, a lot of it comes from your facial expression, tone, body movements, etc. When someone reads it, it loses it's zeal.

Unless you included A LOT of detail, then it probably won't go over as funny as it would have been spoken orally.

Hate to burst your bubble...
your probably right man..

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Telling a girl that you got drunk enough to reach for your phone in a dirty urinal and then wash it out with water (therefore ruining it) isn't exactly going to be her image of an ideal mate, don't you think? Would you WANT a girl you like to like that kind of thing?

Then again, if she likes you, she'll think anything you say is funny. But this isn't too funny, it's kind of pathetic.

chrisgoodrich25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
Telling a girl that you got drunk enough to reach for your phone in a dirty urinal and then wash it out with water (therefore ruining it) isn't exactly going to be her image of an ideal mate, don't you think? Would you WANT a girl you like to like that kind of thing?

Then again, if she likes you, she'll think anything you say is funny. But this isn't too funny, it's kind of pathetic.
I appreciate your honestey..but gota let you know..if you were to live hear in Albuqurque. new mexico and ever talked to me like that..I would have to break your neck. Even though we are all entitled to our opinions..I'm not sure its necesary to hate on anybody here..considering we are all here for one common goal..In regards to your comment..are you telling me nothing has ever slipped out of your hands either drunk or sober..?..Would you leave your phone is the urinal if it was dropped there? How about your car/house keys? Think about it..

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Noone here is going to sugarcoat anything. Its tough love here, and people do it for your own good. A REAL friend would tell you when you're acting creepy or something. Would you break his neck, or pay attention?

If you grabbed your phone from the urinal, thats fine, its just NOT a good story to tell a girl you're trying to get back in your life, and you're going to get shyt for it, here, and in real life. Getting defensive about it isnt helping you.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chrisgoodrich25 said:
I appreciate your honestey..but gota let you know..if you were to live hear in Albuqurque. new mexico and ever talked to me like that..I would have to break your neck. Even though we are all entitled to our opinions..I'm not sure its necesary to hate on anybody here..considering we are all here for one common goal..In regards to your comment..are you telling me nothing has ever slipped out of your hands either drunk or sober..?..Would you leave your phone is the urinal if it was dropped there? How about your car/house keys? Think about it..
Doesn't matter. Why would you tell a girl that you dropped your phone in the toilet full of crap at a bar because you were drunk and you picked it out with your bare hands? Did you think that would impress her?

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chrisgoodrich25 said:
Sure, stuff happens. You can indeed drop things when you're drunk or sober. Of course, the less sober you are, the better your chances are for dropping stuff.

And no, I wouldn't leave that stuff there, I would just have enough sense to know how to properly clean the crap off without damaging the item, even when drunk (Not that I drink. I'm not even old enough to drink). Hell, I usually avoid those kinds of situations by keeping my stuff secure in my pockets when I'm around something bad it could fall in. Common sense, you know?

I'm not hating. I'm telling you how I see it. I'm not here to be nice to you.

chrisgoodrich25

Don Juan
Reaction score
horaholic said:
Noone here is going to sugarcoat anything. Its tough love here, and people do it for your own good. A REAL friend would tell you when you're acting creepy or something. Would you break his neck, or pay attention?

If you grabbed your phone from the urinal, thats fine, its just NOT a good story to tell a girl you're trying to get back in your life, and you're going to get shyt for it, here, and in real life. Getting defensive about it isnt helping you.
your probably right..and actually i feel kinda stupid here but that chcik just hit me up..I checked the message and she hasn't read it yet dont know if i'll get a chance to explain it or not kinda funny though..:rockon:

chrisgoodrich25

Don Juan
Reaction score
omega05 said:
Doesn't matter. Why would you tell a girl that you dropped your phone in the toilet full of crap at a bar because you were drunk and you picked it out with your bare hands? Did you think that would impress her?
I thought it was funny..noones perfect you know..but yes writing it probably wasn't the best idea..its mre funn y when i say it in person .