Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you think about the so-called "Hookup Culture"?

What do you think about hookup culture?

• I like hookup culture.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I dislike hookup culture.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • I am indifferent to hookup culture.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Hookup culture doesn't even exist.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that true alpha males don't complain about the dating climate of society as they know that there will always be women who want to be erotically dominated by a man who can deliver. Many of these men aren't even interested in monogamy, so they aren't judgemental about women's promiscuous nature and ultimately benefit from it.

It's the beta male types who still suffer from the Madonna ***** complex who can't stand hook up culture. The madonna ***** complex is when men believe women fall into two categories: Either a "promiscuous slut", or "monogamy oriented prudish good girl." They need to wake up and swallow the red pill.

The men who complain about hook up culture either :
A. want a monogamous relationship with a "prudish good girl" (rarely exists with modern women)
or
B. Struggle to score casual sex without using any resources, spending non-sexual time, promising a long term relationship
Not so sure about that. Don’t you think successful men want children and to be involved in their lives? Or care about their society at large?

I think you’re confusing “machievelian narcissist” with “alpha male”

There are plenty of men out there who are incredibly successful running large companies who are not bedding women on the regular. A lot of the time they’re bald and fat. Compare this to a gym rat who works at Costco. The gym rat is keen on hookup culture, as he’s decided that scoring poon is his reason to exist.

the guys actually running the world often times aren’t some chick magnet for multiple flings. They will do well enough. In terms of alpha and beta, who is actually in control of the world? Who shapes its destiny.

Your viewpoint comes from the presupposition that every man’s only goal in life is for endless sex. These men may well be Casanovas, but they are not alpha males. Alpha males are leaders of other men.

Take a look at the last 5 jobs and tell me if their leaders would go on tinder and get multiple hookups.

There’s nothing wrong per se with pursuing this lifestyle, just get it in perspective. A guy going for hookups is alpha in the way the Instagram girl is an alpha female . They have both settled on a very immature and self centred, low ambition definition of success in life.

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not so sure about that. Don’t you think successful men want children and to be involved in their lives? Or care about their society at large?

There are plenty of men out there who are incredibly successful running large companies who are not bedding women on the regular. A lot of the time they’re bald and fat. Compare this to a gym rat who works at Costco. The gym rat is keen on hookup culture, as he’s decided that scoring poon is his reason to exist.

the guys actually running the world often times aren’t some chick magnet for multiple flings. They will do well enough. In terms of alpha and beta, who is actually in control of the world? Who shapes its destiny.

Your viewpoint comes from the presupposition that every man’s only goal in life is for endless sex. These men may well be Casanovas, but they are not alpha males. Alpha males are leaders of other men.

Take a look at the last 5 jobs and tell me if their leaders would go on tinder and get multiple hookups.

There’s nothing wrong per se with pursuing this lifestyle, just get it in perspective. A guy going for hookups is alpha in the way the Instagram girl is an alpha female . They have both settled on a very immature and self centred, low ambition definition of success in life.
No doubt! You bring up valid points.

You're right, I refer to Alpha and Beta males in regards to how they are perceived by women. There are alphas in different realms.

I personally believe high value and alpha aren't always synonymous.

There are a lot of high value men with tons of resources and success, but struggle with getting casual sex from desirable females without having to spend money on them. There is nothing alpha about spending money on women for casual sex.

There are also Alpha males (highly desired by women) who are not high value. Think of the men out there who live on their girls couch and she takes care of him just because he ****s her good (happens all the time).

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are also Alpha males (highly desired by women) who are not high value. Think of the men out there who live on their girls couch and she takes care of him just because he ****s her good (happens all the time).
Naaaah, these guys are just losers and the girl majority of the time is no higher than a 6.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You're absolutely on point here Fruitbat, but I'd like to make a small clarification.

The Gym rat who works at Costco and only want's and needs to get laid is in essence still "Alpha". He has set his goal in life and is doing what he can to achieve them even if it's low in ambition and a poor outlook for longterm BUT for the decade or two that he's in shape and pulling girls he is still in essence "Alpha".
Likewise the CEO of a middle/large/global company is also in essence "Alpha". He too has set his goal in life and is doing what he can to achieve them even if he's sacrificing his youth and vigor and ability to get laid he has a long term future set for himself.

They are also "Beta"/"Losers" at the same time, the gymrat has no future and the ceo might have to settle for a women past her prime and potentially regret all the fun and exciting things he could have done in his youth.

You need a balance so you can have the best of both outlooks on life.

Example. In my youth I sailed around the world just me and a few mates we went to all the major ports and partied like it was nothing and then sailed off the next week. But the foundation in sailing helped me in my sport and business and while I'm no multi million dollar CEO I'm financially secure and in a good spot at 38. I could still sail around the world but I wwouldn't be able to party at every stop and still have the energy to sail on the following week.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a fan but two wishes on I think reality TV made it acceptable nowadays

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're absolutely on point here Fruitbat, but I'd like to make a small clarification.

The Gym rat who works at Costco and only want's and needs to get laid is in essence still "Alpha". He has set his goal in life and is doing what he can to achieve them even if it's low in ambition and a poor outlook for longterm BUT for the decade or two that he's in shape and pulling girls he is still in essence "Alpha".
Likewise the CEO of a middle/large/global company is also in essence "Alpha". He too has set his goal in life and is doing what he can to achieve them even if he's sacrificing his youth and vigor and ability to get laid he has a long term future set for himself.

They are also "Beta"/"Losers" at the same time, the gymrat has no future and the ceo might have to settle for a women past her prime and potentially regret all the fun and exciting things he could have done in his youth.

You need a balance so you can have the best of both outlooks on life.

Example. In my youth I sailed around the world just me and a few mates we went to all the major ports and partied like it was nothing and then sailed off the next week. But the foundation in sailing helped me in my sport and business and while I'm no multi million dollar CEO I'm financially secure and in a good spot at 38. I could still sail around the world but I wwouldn't be able to party at every stop and still have the energy to sail on the following week.
Nice to see advocation of balance. A lost art. Good post.