"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

What do you think about Blind Dates???

Brasco

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Hi fellow Juans, I have been asked to go on a blind date. In all my years of dating one thing I never done is go on a blind date. Main reason is because I never been asked. I always lived in my home town, so I knew all the women. I moved to the town I am in now 1 1/2 ago. I don't know all the chicks so blind dates are bouned to pop up, sure enough it happen tonight.

All I know is that she is 23 and taking a course in Nursing(RN). Ohh yeah, and she has a twin sister. I don't have to give an answer until next Thursday, thats when I will see the lady that asked me if I would be interested.

My question to you Don Juans is what is your past experiences with Blind Dates, good or bad. I figure I will go on the date because what do I have to loose? Unless I find out something "bad" about her. Like she is a 300 LBS pig with no personality. I don't think she would of asked me if she was that bad. Lets hope!!!! LOL
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Why didn't you get more info from the person who initiated?? height weight size etc... Call her and get info! Don't be afraid - it is your right....did one of the twins ask you through a third party?

Ask for some pics!

What the hell - i guess you won't die by going!!
 

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 17, 2001
Messages
319
Reaction score
1
Friend of mine somehow stared talking to a girl and her sister on the phone, never met them before and they eventually decided to meet up someplace. He asked me to go along with him. No problem.

We go to this place, and he starts to worry they might be beastly pigs. He described to the girls the jacket he would be wearing, and he talked me into wearing it so they would appraoch me instead of him. I agreed reluctanly...Owed him a favor.

Long story short; I got a big old hug from two very very sexy women. The guy practically ripped his coat off of me and fessed up to the switch. It made no difference. I was in.

That was 10 years ago. Every blind date since then has been a disaster. But hey, you never know....
 

Ulex

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
Europe
My opinion is that a DJ, if free, should not refuse a Blind Date, if invited. He should see it as a challenge to seduce one more girl, or in the case things go wrong, to learn something more with the *social* experience.

He should entail the spirit of sports, like going to play a football game with friends not knowing the outcome.

And this particular experience may endure your behaviour in doing cold approaches with unknown girls.

Ulex
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
I don't mind letting friends introduce me to their friends but the concept of a blind date reminds me of the lottery. You have a chance of meeting a cool person but then again, it's just a chance.

I'd definitely ask them for more information about her and why they feel that we would hit it off. Just because you and your potential date has a mutual friend doesn't mean that the friend knows either of your personalities very well.

Blind dates usually puts undue pressure on the daters since it IS a date. I prefer getting together as a group. I can be introduced to their friend and determine on my own if she is someone I would enjoy seeing personally.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Age
45
I went on a group sort-of-blind date. It was ok, but I got my hopes up. It went well, but I was picturing someone else. If I ever go on another one, I would want to see a picture first. Otherwise, I'd go on any date I could if I had the chance.
 

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 4, 2003
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Rarely works out in any sense. But if
you don't have much else to do, see
what happens.
 

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2002
Messages
417
Reaction score
1
Location
STL
my sister met her husband on a blind date... 5 years and 2 kids later, they couldnt be happier...
 

Brasco

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Thanks guys!!!!

I think I will try and find out what she looks like by asking a few people that should know her. Its a small town so it should not be hard to find out what she looks like and what her personality is like. I have a few friends that I can trust.

I don't think she is a 9 or 10, because for one thing its very rare that good looking chicks have to go on blind dates. Second I think the girl would of told me if she was pretty.

I will try and get a bit of info, if it sounds like she is at least a 6 or 7 and has a pretty good personality I will go on the date. I will let you DJ's know how it works out. Thanks again!!!
 

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 5, 2003
Messages
963
Reaction score
39
Location
Australia
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
I don't mind letting friends introduce me to their friends but the concept of a blind date reminds me of the lottery.
I like this idea, just remember that if you want, you can throw away the ticket. Blind dates can be as much fun or as lousy as you want them to be.

Go along, have fun. If she's hot, then work on her and be the funniest ba$tard she's ever met.
If she's not your type, just have fun and either let her know there are no sparks and go your separate ways, or turn her into a friend... she might have friends who are more your cup of tea.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
Originally posted by Ulex
My opinion is that a DJ, if free, should not refuse a Blind Date, if invited. He should see it as a challenge to seduce one more girl, or in the case things go wrong, to learn something more with the *social* experience.

He should entail the spirit of sports, like going to play a football game with friends not knowing the outcome.

And this particular experience may endure your behaviour in doing cold approaches with unknown girls.

Ulex
I like your attitude.

One thing I have noticed about blind dates is it starts off on a negative foot. Noone likes the concept of being "setup". This normally hinders it from being a good experience.
 

Brasco

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 20, 2002
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
I agree 100%, but if I find out she is a pig with zero personality I think I would rather be home by myself with a bottle of rum. LOL
 

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2003
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
Gville, Florida
just go, you have nothing better to do.
she may be nice looking. get info if you can, but you may as well go even if u get no info.

if you dont like her, dont aske her on another date.

and you can always use the date as a practice just making conversation and being social.
 
Top